[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Pepee.jpg (25KB, 463x325px) Image search: [Google]
Pepee.jpg
25KB, 463x325px
I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on 4chan anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.
>>
>I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

This never happened though...
>>
I will keep asking this each time you post it: what's the joke here? The only thing remarkable is the 5 pages a day bit.
>>
I've been off /lit/ for like six months, aren't there any new memes?
>>
>>7532853
>>7532816
fuck off faggots

>>7532810
keep up the good work son.
>>
>>7532810
THANK YOU BASED LIZZARD FROG
>>
>>7532810

My new years resolution is to read more, so I'm glad you posted this. I need to keep these things in mind more often. Thanks.
>>
>>7532863
If a meme doesn't last is a shit meme, mate.
>>
thanks avid reader anon for the motivational kick
>>
This is what I needed for the New Year. Thanks frog.
>>
since we are shitposting anybody remember a quote by some author, or possibly a character, saying stuff about how name is eternal and shit like that?
i'm p sure it was joyce and/or in portrait but i can't find it and i dont feel like reading the whole book again for now
>>
I unironically enjoy these threads every time.
>>
>>7532810
i'd slow down with these if i were you, once a month is way too frequent, the newfags catch on too quick.
>>
File: bb6-1.jpg (11KB, 295x296px) Image search: [Google]
bb6-1.jpg
11KB, 295x296px
this is like a throwback to the old days of 4chan memes and i love it
>>
File: CatsTOP.jpg (68KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
CatsTOP.jpg
68KB, 540x405px
>>7533788
pretty sure that's from the musical Cats
>>
I've always wondered what is the ratio sincere/meme of people who say stuff like "this is just what I needed, thanks OP". I'm interested because if this is helping people reading, memes and pastas have achieved a new level of importance.
>>
>>7533832

CS Lewis was right, irony and sarcasm are the devil. I wonder if those comments have been so saturated with irony that they've become sincere
>>
>>7533870
fun fact: Lewis was being ironic when he said that. He didn't realize irony doesn't translate well to text.
>>
>>7533881
>>7533870
>>7533832

woah im fucking tripping out or going crazy. you never know who is actually being sarcastic.
>>
so why did this become a meme? It's not terrible advice
>>
>>7532810
Thanks for the advice, friend
>>
>>7532810
>-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.
This doesn't work for me. If I buy physical books I ignore them for years but when I pirate an e-book I tend to start reading right away for some reason.
>>
>>7535636
That's because you are a weirdo.
>>
>>7533961
i'm lying right now
>>
>>7532810
If you're new to reading and having trouble retaining then reading multiple books at once is terrible. Even if you're not it's better to focus on one at a time. This would only apply if you have ADD, which a lot of people probably do, but that is very extreme.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.