[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would you read books that aren't considered classics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Roman_Senatecrop-672x372.jpg (86KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Senatecrop-672x372.jpg
86KB, 672x372px
Why would you read books that aren't considered classics?

Serious question. It's literally a waste of time reading non-canon works.
>>
>>7523648
Then the canon will never change.
>>
>>7523648
Why is time spent readimg the canon better spent than time reading garbage? Either way you are going to die.
>>
>>7523659
>living reading garbage is the same as living reading classics
>>
I can do what I want with my spare time. If I want to waste it that's my choice.

The canon can suck my cock by the way.
>>
>>7523685
>classics can't be garbage
spooked
>>
>>7523702
>I can do what I want with my spare time. If I want to waste it that's my choice.

Why do you feel the need to state this? I never said you should do this thing or that. I just want to know why you would literally waste your life reading garbage.
>>
>>7523711
Because a life spent in the trash ends the same way as anybody else's?
Because circlejerking over academia when you have no real power to put these theories into practice is practically a waste of time?
Why SHOULD I bother with the classics?
>>
>>7523648
Enderdainment.
>>
>>7523733
If you have that kind of mentality then don't bother.

Just a tip, people don't read sole for the approval of others. For someone as vain as you this may be a difficult concept to grasp.
>>
File: 1353194076754.png (69KB, 453x540px) Image search: [Google]
1353194076754.png
69KB, 453x540px
>>7523711

Why did you feel the need to make this gay thread you filthy subhuman?
>>
>>7523744
Reading to assuage your own ego isnt all that different, chump.
>>
>>7523763
So that I could trigger you, personally.
>>
>>7523771
My post was ironic.

Good you good, pal.
>>
>>7523779
Pretending to be retarded is a good way to fall prey to idiotic lines of thought, pal.
>>
>>7523801
>the "i fell for it so i'm saving face" reply
>>
>tfw you like the canon
>tfw you sincerely think there are good reasons to preserve the canon
>yfw faggots like OP make threads like this
>yfw he's being serious

this is why trying to convince people of the value of the canon is a fucking uphill battle. OP kill yourself
>>
it's a waste of time reading anything non-STEM related
>>
>>7523740
>he reads for entertainment

Top pleb
>>
>>7523819
neck yourself you braindead nigger
>>
>>7523648
Every minute you spend on 4chan is a waste of time.
>>
>define time
>define waste
>define classics
>define reading
>>
>>7523648
What makes you think the classics are immutable, Mr. Bloom?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.