[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have a daily page quota? Or do you have a daily time quota?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20151218_163729.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151218_163729.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
Do you have a daily page quota?
Or do you have a daily time quota?

I feel like I don't read enough and I'm thinking about using a timer to read an hour a day. Obviously I can go beyond the timer or read at other times of day.
>>
>>7498730
(If you save pic related, I'd recommend changing the filename to CatCatRorschach or something similar; it's a picture of Catcat, Catdog's cousin)
>>
quotas make me shudder. why would you have to force something that is meant to be pleasurable on yourself?
>>
>>7498730

None. I just read when I like, and because I like to read, I read a lot per day anyway.
>>
>>7498730
Nasty, nasty post.
>>
>>7498738
>>7498741
>>7498744
I didn't mean to make it sound like a maximum per day. It's meant to be a minimum. I do enjoy reading though; I finished The Crying of Lot 49 a week or so ago and loved it. It just feels forced or an uphill struggle sometimes.

Normal?
>>
>>7498782
>It's meant to be a minimum.

we realize that
>>
>>7498782

i lean and loafe at my ease until the guilt sets in heavy and i read for an entire day to make up for the time i spent not reading. it works alright. i dont see anything wrong with setting a timer for yourself. its also pleasant to read first thing in the morning
>>
>>7498801
OK, what if I compare a page/time quota to weight lifting? In a sense, self-imposed minimums indicate an interest in the activity (reading, lifting), an interest in doing it more, and an interest in getting better at it through routine/repetition.
>>
>>7498730
No, but i'm a serious drunk and I can't read much when i'm drunk. I use the little sober time I have to read though. I like the idea of reading more than drinking but i'm more addicted to drinking than reading.
>>
Is that that stupid cat from /mu/?
>>
>>7498847
The original picture is in my Clover folder so maybe
>>
>>7498826
>self-imposed minimums indicate an interest in the activity

not really, lifting programs they indicate discipline towards achieving a goal (getting buff), not as a means to experience the activity out of inherent enjoyment. it's still gross.
>>
>>7498826
lifting weights / working out based on counts is for faggots on teams with coaches and other homoerotic forms of discipline and control...if you're just working out for youself, just lift heavy shit until you get tired, the end....all this scientific fag shit is gay
>>
>>7498870
Eh, I disagree.
You can relate getting buff to finishing a book. I understand where you're coming from though. On the other hand, I'm sure there are plenty of lifters who enjoy lifting for its own sake, but also follow a regimen to ensure they do it well.

>>7498877
Your depiction of lifting is, ironically, homoerotic
>>
>>7498847
dude my cat is not stupid
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.