[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, today is my birthday and I've just turned 18. In spite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1448839825712.jpg (28KB, 576x440px) Image search: [Google]
1448839825712.jpg
28KB, 576x440px
So, today is my birthday and I've just turned 18. In spite of that, what book should I start to read today? Here's my list:

>Steppenwolf
>Ulysses
>Our Ancestors
>The Death of Ivan Ilich
>Canterbury Tales
>The Portrait of The Artist as a Young Man

Also, I've got some money to spare and I'm keen to listen to your literary recommendations for a freshman into adulthood :^)
>>
poor babby
>>
Read the sticky. Your list is fine.
>>
that better be an original spelling edition of canterbury tales with footnotes, faggot
>>
Get James Clavell's Shogun
>>
File: 71mUxYJxKvL.jpg (245KB, 1399x1965px) Image search: [Google]
71mUxYJxKvL.jpg
245KB, 1399x1965px
>>
>>7477775
Happy birthday! Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 19. I'm going to get some books on Sunday. I think I will get In Search of Lost Time because my local bookstore gas it in two books.
>>
>>7477775
refrain yourself from reading books
>>
Don't spend your birthday reading. Spend that money on drugs, alcohol or hookers. Whatever you have enough for. Make it special.
Seriously, even if you have no friends and can't afford drugs and hookers, at the very least take yourself out for dinner.
>>
>>7477775
Make sure you read Portrait before you delve into Ulysses.

Otherwise I'd go with Steppenwolf.
>>
>>7477785

Thanks for the hint, I'll be sure to check it.

>>7477792

Happy birthday to you too, pal. I've heard great things about Proust, but I'm not sure if I want to read him translated and I won't have time to learn french until I get my Law degree and, welp, get a job.

>>7477803

I've already read Dubliners and it was an amazing piece of writing. Is TPOTAAAYM better than his short stories?

>>7477800

That's for tomorrow, mate. My grandfather died yesterday and I've been attending to his funeral services until two hours ago. It's hard to party when you just left someone buried for an eternity.
>>
>>7477777

Also, impressive quints.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.