[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why didn't anyone tell me this was so comfy??? i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (459KB, 608x950px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
459KB, 608x950px
why didn't anyone tell me this was so comfy??? i'm like two hundred pages in. already excited for Odyssey and Aeneid.

Is Lattimore best for Odyssey too, or just for Iliad? I read somewhere that Fagles is best Odyssey and Fitzgerald is best Aeneid -- how accurate is this?

first and foremost though, this shit is cooooozy. Achilleus is being a dick to the Achaians right now and i'm just wondering when the trojan horse comes in (dont tell me tho)

pic related, translation i'm reading
>>
>>7433526
>wondering when the trojan horse comes in

it doesn't
>>
Lattimore is great, his Oresteia is the one I read it and I recommend too.
>>
Try this translation of the Odyssey

http://www.press.umich.edu/17212/odyssey/?s=look_inside

It's in dactylic hexameter
>>
>>7433532

damn really? i thought maybe they'd use the horse since Achilleus wont help them out

what the hell is the trojan horse from?
>>
>>7433538

doesnt read as awkwardly as id have presumed in dactyhex
>>
what's the the best translation, I heard Fagles is pretty good
>>
Latt's Iliad
Fitz's Odyssey
>>
>>7433548
Achilles is dead when they use the horse.
It's in the Aeneid.
>>
File: toad.jpg (78KB, 609x610px) Image search: [Google]
toad.jpg
78KB, 609x610px
>>7433526
I own Lattimore's Iliad and Fagles Odyssey.

Fagles is good at making the language relatable and his style allows you to absorb the contents of the books with more ease

Lattimore is more focused on keeping it true to the original, with an emphasis on the "beauty" of the language. I also like the content and quantity of Lattimore's endnotes better if you enjoy the supplementary reading that comes in the book

The Iliad itself doesn't give the whole account of the trojan war, rather in the final events leading up to the fall in the last year of the war. It was assumed that the audience was already familiar with what had happened. If you want the cosiness factor to increase, concern yourself with wrath and honor as you read through the book

Fitzgerald a shit.
>>
File: 1398451243994.jpg (173KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
1398451243994.jpg
173KB, 621x621px
>>7433538
>dactylic hexameter in English
>>
>>7433738
And the Odyssey
>>
>any Homer other than Chapman
hilarious
>>
>>7433856
>any Homer other than Pope
ftfy
>>
>>7433532
its in the Aeneid
>>
>>7433856
>>7433871
>translations
Sure is pleb in here.
>>
>>7433856
bait?
>>
>>7433526
i'm the only person on earth who's read herbert palmer's translation of the odyssey
>>
>>7433532
>wondering when the trojan horse comes in
I was waiting for that too. then the book ended
>>
>i'm just wondering when the trojan horse comes in
It's in the fan fiction.
>>
File: hammock.jpg (80KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
hammock.jpg
80KB, 450x450px
hell ya bro cozy as fuck, it's my favorite thing to read in my hammock
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.