[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the longest novel / epic you've read and actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

What the longest novel / epic you've read and actually enjoyed through out?
>>
>>7427187
Count of Monte Cristo, or Brothers Karamazov
>>
probably The Count of Monte Cristo but i haven't read most of the classic, renowned "doorstoppers" (crime and punishment, war and peace, les miserables, etc.)
>>
>>7427187
I'm pretty sure that it's War and Peace.
>>
>>7427187

. J E S T
. T
. I N F I N I T E J E S T
. N
. I N F I N I T E J E S T
. F
J N J J
E T I F N I N F I N I T E J E S T
S N N N N S S
T F F F F T T
. I I I I
. N N N N
. I I I I
. T T T T
. E E E E
. J J J J
. E E E E
. S S S S
. T T T T
>>
>>7427333
Wow my shitpost failed but at least I got trips.
>>
>>7427187

Proust
>>
>>
>>7427187
Im so close to finishing this. Just got to the epilogue yesterday. I can really understand now why people consider this the greatest novel every written
>>
>>7429351
>novel
>>
>>7429351
I found the epilogue(the actual epilogue, not Tolstoy's essay about history) pretty dissapointing. Usually epilogues add a poignant end to things, but this was just 'AND THEN EVERYONE GOT HAPPILY MARRIED AND HAD KIDS EXCEPT SONYA LOL THE END'. After almost living these characters' lifes(and thourgh it the history of Russia 1805-1812 for a thousand pages I was hoping for a bit more than the reassurance that Natasha was a good mother all along.

Also Pierre a best
>>
>>7429403
damn that sucks, was looking forward to it
>>
>>7429515
You should definitely read it, though - there's some bits at the end that apparently suggest Pierre's involvement in the Decembrist movement and other such things. Also Andrey's son Nikolay actually has a speaking part.
>>
>>7427197
Crime and Punishment isn't close to being a doorstopper, its not that long
>>
>>7427197
Crime and Punishment is barely 400 pages
>>
I guess War and Peace was the longest that I enjoyed, but I enjoyed Anna Karenina more.
>>
>>7429529
ya I was for sure gonna read it. Is the Essay at the end good?
>>
File: 1430116589640.jpg (99KB, 610x1526px) Image search: [Google]
1430116589640.jpg
99KB, 610x1526px
>>7427191

This. Count was 1407, Brothers K was about that length. Also City of God by Augustine of Hippo.
>>
>>7427187

Infinite Jest (superscript 1)

1. A novel by American author David Forster Wallhus, noted for it's length and encyclopedic style.
>>
>>7429568
brothers is 800 bro. At least the P and V version is (which is the only correct version)
>>
>>7429567
It's a more rigourous and condensed explanation of his views on history and the human factor in it that permeate the book. It gives a better description of his overall ideas on the subject, but there's nothing in it that isn't also in the various philosophical detours in the book. I didn't really get anything new out of it, but if you want a properly worked out argument for Tolstoy's philosophy of history it's just the ticket.
>>
>>7429583
>P and V version is (which is the only correct version)
no
>>
>>7429318
This. Easily the most entertaining and slick as fuck.
>>
>no Atlas Shrugged in here
>>
>>7429660
>atlas shrugged
>enjoyed throughout

Pick one.
>>
>>7429660
No. Fuck off.
>>
War and Peace was great
Just read Dune, I will be reading the series now
>>
>>7429855
>Dune
>long
pick one
>>
>>7427187
If we're going to be 100% honest then it's Infinite Jest.
>>
La recherche
>>
>>7429660
Atlas Shrugged is a terrible read
>>
>>7429855
listened to the Dune Audiobook. It was awful
>>
>>7427187
War and Peace. The epilogue was boring as fuck though. I loved the rest.
>>
>>7429970
>>7427368
Good lads.
For everyone else, here's your recommendation.
>>
File: 1399801307814.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1399801307814.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
Long novels are the greatest art form. Really bring you into another universe. inb4 pedants telling me one of these isn't sufficiently long.

>War and Peace
>My Struggle (ongoing...)
>A Time for Everything
>The Book of the New Sun
>2666
>The Savage Detectives
>Ada
>Mason & Dixon
>Anna Karenina
>Moby Dick
>LOTR
>The Brothers Karamazov
>Ulysses
>The Divine Comedy
>The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
>Infinite Jest
>JR
>The Recognitions

Can't think of any more. All of those are great.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.