[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of picking up some classic literature, like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1447941095468.jpg (63KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
1447941095468.jpg
63KB, 500x624px
I'm thinking of picking up some classic literature, like Don Quixote or Dostoyvesky, but I'm not sure if I'm smart enough to understand them. I'm 18 and have only been reading for about 2 years, I have pretty much only read Lovecraft and George R.R Martin. I have only read one "patrician" tier book and that is Of Mice and Men and I found it boring.
So will I enjoy novels that I mentioned in the beginning of my post or should I just stick to living like a plebe?
>>
>>7400533
>like Don Quixote or Dostoyvesk
>I'm 18 and have only been reading for about 2 years
>I have pretty much only read Lovecraft and George R.R Martin
>"patrician" tier book and that is Of Mice and Men
>I found it boring.
This is god tier bait. The bait flows from each sentence-- each CLAUSE-- reinforcing itself into one sheer miasma of baitgasm. Bravo.
>>
If bait, 8/10

If not, stick to reddit
>>
>>7400533

You'll be fine. There is not really much that one can derive from 'classic literature' anyway. If you have any questions just refer to a synopsis or SparkNotes.

>So will I enjoy novels that I mentioned in the beginning of my post

Yes.
>>
>>7400533

I actually found Don Quixote surprisingly accessible. It is deceptively deep however, and a lot could be missed with a superficial reading - still, even at a superficial level, it's a solid work.

Based on what you're saying, I'd recommend you The Count of Monte Cristo.

>>7400543

I disagree. It is outed as bait in the very first post. While theoretically impressive, it fails spectacularly at practical application.
>>
>having to be ready for a book before you read the book

stay safe
>>
>>7400559
>There is not really much that one can derive from 'classic literature' anyway
boy if OP is bait then this is quite a rebait.
>>
>>7400559
>>7400574
Thanks

>>7400543
>>7400550
What's wrong lol
>>
I read crime and punishment after having only ready maybe 10 teen tier books in my whole life and it was no problem
>>
>>7400652
go to reddit and never come back here
>>
>>7400559
Cancer

>>7400533
If you're not dumb you should enjoy those two books. I've read both when I was underage and I loved them. I didn't understand them 100%, of course, but you have to start somewhere. The more you read the more you'll understand and enjoy the "serious" literature. (Talking with other people about them can be very useful too, but /lit/ isn't very useful in that regard.)
>>
>>7400533

Read DQ.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.