[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Fate stay/night the Japanese equivalent of Harry Potter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1448590170813.jpg (2MB, 1975x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1448590170813.jpg
2MB, 1975x1440px
There are a number of glaring parallels:

>both feature dense MCs, who are about to enter a world alien to them
>both depict a dangerous, yet exciting setting that pulls the viewer in
>both feature magic
>both have crazy, power hungry villains after the MC's life
>both feature highly desired artifacts that can grant wishes
>both have huge nutcase fandoms that churn out an infinite supply of fanfiction and analysis
>both feature main girls with long brown hair who are extremely talented and knowledgeable about magic
>>
>>7395529
/lit/ - literature
>>
>>7395529
I think it's because both draw so heavily from Christianity, so in a very vague way they're both Biblical derivatives and therefore the comparison is justified.
>>
Who give le fuck?
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 800x600px
>>7395529
>>
You do know that you just described literally every single YA fantasy novel, right?
>>
>>7395533

Literature is books. Harry Potter is a book. So it's technically literature.
>>
>>7395596
>falseflagging
>>
>>7395529
>anime
Shoo, back to your containment board, child
>>
>>7395529

Both are shit and have the most horrid fanbases I've seen in any medium.

You might be onto something but you could apply what you've listed to any YA novel.
>>
>>7396276
>he didn't read harry potter in the late 90s/early 2000s before aging out

missed out my man
>>
>>7396282
>>7396276

i didn't "miss out", i read it.

it's still shit and the fanbase is retarded.
>>
>>7395529
You're comparison is ridiculously basic. It can be applied to at least 1/3 of all fantasy, if not more.
>>
>>7396177
/lit/ is the containment board if you didn't know that

/a/ is the reason why this site was made by Mootykins
>>
>>7396177
>thinks anime is bad
Fucking elitist scumbags GTFO of my chan.
>>
>>7395529
Found another one!
They're both steaming piles of shit that only tasteless retards like.
>>
>>7395529
Is Harry Potter the English equivalent of Dragon Ball Z?
>both feature dense MCs, who are about to enter a world alien to them
>both depict a dangerous, yet exciting setting that pulls the viewer in
>both feature bright lights and shouting
>both have crazy, power hungry villains after the MC's life
>both feature highly desired artifacts that can grant wishes
>both have huge nutcase fandoms that churn out an infinite supply of fanfiction and analysis
>both feature main guys with white hair who are extremely talented and knowledgeable about combat
>>
>>7395529
Harry Potter is wildly popular with people of all ages.
Fate is popular with fat 20 something Japanese NEET shut ins who live with mom.

So no.
>>
Fate is deep and lit, while harry potter delves into pop teen shit. They are completly different.
>>
Is lamb the indian equivalent of pizza?
>>
>>7395602
gr8b8m8
>>
>>7395602
>Literature is books.
Wrong
>>>/v/
>>>/a/
>>/his/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>7395602
Modern /lit/, everyone.
>>
>>7398731
This does not belong on /his/, although it doesn't belong on /lit/ either, if it was about Harry Potter, it could stay(your dislike of books shows your one of those professor fags to shitpost in here), but OP's question makes it clear that his main topic is fate night.

If he asked the question the other way around, he wouldn't have a problem.

This is an /a/ thread.
>>
>>7399040
/his/ is where we redirect all the plebs, such as yourself and OP, now
>>
>>7399040
Fate/Stay Night is a visual novel which is mainly driven by a written narrative.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.