[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently read Franny and Zooey by Salinger. I know that a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: jd salinger.jpg (6KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
jd salinger.jpg
6KB, 290x174px
I recently read Franny and Zooey by Salinger.
I know that a lot of you post a lot of crap about catcher in the rye, but have you guys read this book? I liked it a lot more than catcher
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 600x750px
Franny rapes Zooey. Pay attention to the lacunae.
>>
yes. I fucking love franny and zooey. the bathroom is hilarious, and they way the scene is worded it feels so real. all of the glass family stories are great. I wish it was franny and zooey that was his most widely remembered and read work.
but still anything salinger wrote I think is amazing. it feels almost impossible for someone to have written it.
>>
Nine Stories is the best release under his name you can get.

His writing works best in short stories imo.
>>
>>7387859
>Franny rapes Zooey

a) you realize franny is the girl correct, if so, then
b) elaborate

and yes op franny and zooey is amazing
>>
>>7388508
I have not actually read his short stories, but I can definitely see how they would work best with his writing style.
>>
>>7388545
http://www.ae-lib.org.ua/salinger/Texts/N6-ForEsme-en.htm

go for it, right now.
>>
File: ebin.png (19KB, 224x124px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.png
19KB, 224x124px
>tfw you want to look good in a suit
>tfw you want to write a book that makes you loads of dosh
>tfw you want to then become a mysterious reclusive author
>tfw you want to be JD Salinger
>>
>>7388522
>girls can't rape boys

sexist
>>
>>7388649
didn't say she couldn't, just wanted to make sure he had the sequencing of the rape correct.
>>
the way zooey talks to his mother is exactly how i talk to mine.

>mfw i'm a condescending dick

everyone on /lit/ is essentially zooey though, right?
>>
>>7388608
I just read it. It was really good, I may have to go ahead and buy Nine Stories
>>
>>7388829
>everyone on /lit/ is essentially zooey

Yep. /lit/ is basically a bunch of condescending intellectuals stewing in a bathtub and reminding plebs about how stupid they all are.
>>
>Salinger wrote Catcher when he was only 32

Jesus Christ I only have six years left to match him
>>
>>7388939
Well just be glad that your not a musician. Mozart wrote his first symphony when he was like 8.
Are there any child prodigy authors like that?
>>
>>7388946
Rimbaud
Mary & Percy Shelley
>>
>>7388928

You should try and get the book 'three early stories' for some quality early Salinger. Really short, not as polished as nine stories, fairly dank tho
>>
>>7388977
I will look into that as well.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone read the book that Franny reads (The Way of the Pilgrim)?
It's not something that people on this board would read, but it's widely read by Orthodox Christians. I actually read it before I ever heard about Franny and Zooey.
>>
No you fooled me with the "but nine stories is great" spiel, I'm not falling for this one.
>>
>>7388977
I don't think anyone should try 'Three Early Stories' until they've finished everything else he's written, which isn't much.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.