[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hemingway's Brett wasn't a tragic, misguided figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Hemingway's Brett wasn't a tragic, misguided figure as I feel he intended her to be.

Instead, she became the role model for all modern women.

Are there any other literary figures that were intended to portray negative traits, but instead became paragons of social empowerment and personal freedom?
>>
>>7222479
Emma Bovary. Milton's Satan, though that one is a bit more nuanced.
>>
>>7222479

Borderline and horrifically histrionic. Power-bitch. Then again, most of the men were pretty pathetic alcoholics.

I hardly think anyone sees her as a role model. And I do feel bad for Americans. The feminazi-superbitch meme seems to mostly apply to the yanks.
>>
>>7222479
hemmingway was a talentless hack
>>
>>7222531
If only those ladies could be as genteel and personable as yourself
>>
>>7222479
>Are there any other literary figures that were intended to portray negative traits, but instead became paragons of social empowerment and personal freedom?
Rorschach from Alan Moore's Watchmen was supposed to be repugnant. Moore didn't realize how popular Rorschach would be with readers because Moore is a commie fag.
>>
>>7222562

Ladies where I'm from are quite fine. I have a very hard time identifying with the soulless succubus meme sprouted especially by the frogpeople over on r9k.
>>
>>7222531
She does what she wants, no apologies, until she apologizes. Then she brings it up repeatedly, while encouraging others not to talk about it.

She is only human because she is a victim of uncontrollable urges. Brave because she refuses to be controlled.

Repressed by society's opinions on how she should act. Virtuous because she won't subject others to her escapades.

Brett is the modern woman. She makes her own decisions, and when faced with repercussions, sends multiple telegrams requesting rescue from her good friend Jake, whom she tragically loves dearly, whom she spares from the uncontrollable adultery.

Brett isn't some bitch who would marry for love and assuredly abandon her family when a young man gets her pussy wet. She is better than that.

She is a true woman. A strong victim.
>>
>>7222531
>>7222620
what would happen if you discussed something without putting it in terms of "memes"?
>>
>>7222695

4chan would wither and die.

No, but the misogyny thing r9k is rolling with, that's definitely a meme.
>>
>>7222686

Lovely doublethink.
>>
>>7222555
yes

after i finished this book, i looked at his wikipedia page. he wrote the sun also rises when he was a young expat socialite in paris.

he literally wrote a book about how cool him and his friends were going to be in 10 years. i can't think of anything more conceited and delusional than that.
>>
>>7224105
It wasnt a celebration
>>
>>7222479
the stranger
prince andrei
>>
>>7224105

>cool

Really? That's what you took away from this book about a bunch of bitter, lonely, broken people?
>>
>>7224105
moron
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.