[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know a hundred ways to die. I’ve often thought I’d try

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: sylvia-plath-hires-cropped.jpg (260KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
sylvia-plath-hires-cropped.jpg
260KB, 1200x800px
I know a hundred ways to die.
I’ve often thought I’d try one:
Lie down beneath a motor truck
Some day when standing by one.

Or throw myself from off a bridge—
Except such things must be
So hard upon the scavengers
And men that clean the sea.

I know some poison I could drink.
I’ve often thought I’d taste it.
But mother bought it for the sink,
And drinking it would waste it.
>>
Another item that’s painful to bear
and that’s an ancient pro who’s too prettied up
or any poor strumpet giving herself airs.
I hate ladies who’re too proud of their legs.
And I hate down to the dregs, saalve regina,
a big fat woman with a tight vagina.
>>
>>10035786
Were all the scenes in the Bell Jar of her trying to kill herself supposed to be that funny? It feels like they were, but I could never tell. That's some top rate Looney Tunes shit.
>>
File: p03457x6.jpg (127KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
p03457x6.jpg
127KB, 1200x675px
It wasn't my fault.
>>
>>10035786
is this meant to be a meme thread or what

>>10035804
gross.

Sylvia was a qt3.14, leave her alone
>>
SLVIAAAAAAAAA
>>
fun fact
it's a poem by Edna st Vincent Millay
>>
File: miranda.gif (970KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
miranda.gif
970KB, 500x220px
Men's poetry:
>hard to understand babble
>pretentious
>soulless

Women's poetry
>enjoyable
>understandable
>witty and intelligent
>point and moral
>talent

really makes you think
>>
>>10035842
>reddit-tier bait with zero substance
>2017
wew /lit/
>>
>>10035846
that's my actual opinion you pretentious faggot who doesn't even know what his fav poet is babbling about, nevertheless looking smarter on anonymous forum about bullying vlogers and posting joyce pictures
>>
>>10035786
First, the poem is by Edna St. Vincent Millay, who I don't have much to say on. Of course, /lit/ is pretty dumb, so will associate the picture with the poem and probably most posters will overlook this post and keep on posting as if this thread is about Sylvia Plath, so we might as well just assume this thread is about Plath.

Plath had some talent with word-smithing and all but her emphasis on bitterness and suicidal despair is just stupid. Her poems and the Bell Jar are filled with a genuinely assholey bitterness against, not herself, but the world and people around her. It's brutal to say, but I don't find her angst admirable. It's just emotionally immature and bitter. This is why I think Plath is more of a phenomenon rather than an "eternal" or timeless poet/writer. I don't blame her for her depression and sympathize with her suffering, but I also think we have a right not to enjoy such toxic self-pity and dramatization of her own problems.
>>
>>10035857
well that's a horribly uneducated "opinion" then
>implying you even know who my favourite poet is
>>
>>10035859
is she a silent beat generation member?
>>
File: Sylvia_movie.jpg (82KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvia_movie.jpg
82KB, 270x400px
>Movie about Sylvia Plath named Sylvia
>She's such an annoying vain bitch that the movie focuses more on Ted Hughes

LELELELELEL
>>
>>10035786
Wow, I didn't know Ayn Rand wrote poetry <3
>>
>>10035866
a babbler like ashbery or other carver, hecht or whatever
>>
>>10035896
nope.
>>
>>10035881
All Gwyneth Paltrow can play are annoying bitches
>>
>>10035870
I dunno what that means but I have some similar criticisms of the Beat Generation.
>>
>>10035903
ok my bad
>>
Edna was a great poet
Maybe the greatest female poet of all time
I love to read her Little Ghost
I always cry
I am so fragile
>>
>>10035881
>Movie
LELing at you, plebo
>>
File: 4854926512_8286b9ef86_b.jpg (403KB, 1940x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4854926512_8286b9ef86_b.jpg
403KB, 1940x1024px
>>10036174
TV is a very important medium in Sylvia Plath's posteriority.
The Ring is inspired by Sylvia Plath's style of coming out of a TV... backwards LOLE HAHAHAHAHA flop style
>>
File: 1302761859132.png (19KB, 560x398px) Image search: [Google]
1302761859132.png
19KB, 560x398px
>>10035786

>interesting poetess whose tragic suicide was misinterpreted as romantic by the college-girl mentality
>>
>>10036214
Are you claiming it isn't?
>>
Who was that philosopher who talked about how suicide by slashing your wrists in a warm bath was the most noble? I think it was Evola, he compared it to the Romans
>>
>>10036186
Top lel euforic post
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.