[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth re-reading Infinite Jest? Read it for the first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 58b.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
58b.png
175KB, 600x600px
Is it worth re-reading Infinite Jest? Read it for the first time about a month ago and i feel i missed out on a lot of stuff.
>>
>>10031028
>about a month ago
don't do that yet. read some other stuff that helps you expand your understanding of the canon, catch up on other mediums, bite some life, and then you're guaranteed to notice a few more things upon re-reading.
>>
>>10031028
It wasn't worth reading even once
>>
>>10031047
Don't listen to this piece of shit, anon.

Infinite Jest is one of the best texts you can reread. Use Google, explore the Infinite Jest projects, and commit yourself to a detailed reread of the novel. It's worth it, especially if you're an open-minded male, and even more especially if you're open to diverse experiences. You can experience nothing but positive experiences through revisiting it (if you're not a close-minded bigot).
>>
>>10031066
infinite trigger
>>
>>10031066
Is it worth doing all this on my first read through? Or should I just read it normally the first time and then look up extra shit on my second read-through?
>>
I will at some point. Finished it earlier this year. Always interesting re-visiting characters once they have been fully fleshed out and looking at their first moments.

As to if its ''worth'' it? You define what is worthy.
>>
>>10031047
t. brainlet

It's written intended to be read more than once, OP - not necessarily even for enjoyment's sake, but because of the fact that seemingly-minute details revealed later in the book mean so much more early on in the story a 2nd time through.
>>
>>10033555

My impression was that it's meant to be read on a loop, i.e. infinitely, like JOI's movie.
>>
>>10031028
No. A few passages are good, re-read those if you feel like it. The piecing together of the plot you can skip, unless that's your thing and you're tired of re-reading Pale Fire and so on I guess.
>>
>>10031028
I admire your ambition to reread it, but I'd do as others have suggested and give it a little more time.
>>
>>10031034
I did this, came back here later and it was actually a lot less impressive. It still has a lot of good parts, but man on the second reading you realize it's not nearly as funny as it thinks it is.
>>
>>10033566
I mean that's kind of the shtick, but 2 read-throughs is plenty enough to tie loose ends together.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.