[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck??? However, I shall not bore my learned readers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Vladimir_Nabokov_1973.jpg (21KB, 220x336px) Image search: [Google]
Vladimir_Nabokov_1973.jpg
21KB, 220x336px
What the fuck???

However, I shall not bore my learned readers with a detailed account of Lolita’s
presumption. Suffice it to say that not a trace of modesty did I perceive in this beauti-
ful hardly formed young girl whom modern co-education, juvenile mores, the camp-
fire racket and so forth had utterly and hopelessly depraved. She saw the stark act
merely as part of a youngster’s furtive world, unknown to adults. What adults did for
purposes of procreation was no business of hers. My life was handled by little Lo in
an energetic, matter-of-fact manner as if it were an insensate gadget unconnected with
me. While eager to impress me with the world of tough kids, she was not quite pre-
pared for certain discrepancies between a kid’s life and mine. Pride alone prevented
her from giving up; for, in my strange predicament, I feigned supreme stupidity and
had her have her way — at least while I could still bear it. But really these are irrelevant
matters; I am not concerned with so-called “sex” at all. Anybody can imagine those
elements of animality. A greater endeavor lures me on: to fix once for all the perilous
magic of nymphets.

I dont get it, what is he saying?
>>
Is anime inspired by Nabokov or was Nabokov inspired by anime, is the question.
>>
She's a kid and the realm of sex is unknown to her, so she has "sex" with him in a sort of childish way, half-serious in the clumsy way that a kid takes something seriously, half-playful because she doesn't understand the adult gravity of what she's doing. He associates that childishness with the "magic" of nymphs that he loves, and that adult women and mundane adult sex are incapable of.
>>
>>10027326
Humbert Humbert is making excuses. What justifies Lolita's great deal of fluff is the narrator's superficiality. Most of what he thinks and says are either excuses or partially accurate musings because he is void of anything other than shallow passion.
>>
>>10027326
It's Lolita naively going about sex, but seen from Humbert's delusional and perverted gaze. She doesn't know how to properly perform these acts; something he is not in the least displeased about, as what he wants is not a sexual relationship, in the sense of an exchange as it's understood by adults, much less a companion competent and trained in pleasing men, instead he's more concerned with the idea itself of the defiling the child. Carnal pleasure is secondary; the compulsion which drives him is to possess nymphs such as his childhood love, and, really, isn't this whole ordeal just an attempt at tying that loose end?

It's a passage which shows that Humbert's desire is not just lust, it's first and foremost an obsession, almost an ethical principle that guides his life. This is seen in other passages, like when he ejaculates supposedly without Dolores realizing, and he's proud of himself as if he had realized a goal, accomplished his mission. It's not the same as the akratic who succumbs to his vice and regrets, for Humbert fucking little girls is an end in itself.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.