[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*Sigh* You neanderthals don't seem to understand what I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: kierkegaard2_360x450.jpg (183KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kierkegaard2_360x450.jpg
183KB, 800x1000px
*Sigh*

You neanderthals don't seem to understand what I mean when I say that I want to end my conscious existence without killing myself.

Let me try and explain on a level that you will hopefully understand.

Take the image on the left. It is a canvas that consists of 948 pixels horizontally, and 900 pixels vertically. Now, if you zoom in close enough onto the canvas, you will see each individual pixel that makes up the canvas. Each individual pixel contains a solid colour.

Let's grid the canvas and give each pixel a letter and number. The first pixel, which is the upper-left most pixel, is 1A. To the right of 1A, you have 1B, and so on.

I open up the image in paint. I zoom in close enough as to where I can see 1A. I select the colour picker tool, and click on 1A. I now have 1A's colour stored in my palette. I can then use Window's screenshot tool to take a screenshot of this colour in the palette. Now, if I go onto Google and search 'colour to bitcode converter', I can find a tool that will allow me to upload the image of the solid colour and get its respective bitcode.

I can do this for every single grid box until I have all of the bitcodes that constitute the image.

1A = 01010110
1B = 01011011

And so on. Now, if I get each single bitcode and paste all of them into notepad, what will I get? I will get an arrangement of bits. This is all the image is. An arrangement of bits / 1s and 0s.

So, how does this relate in any way? Because I am the image, and my parts are the pixels. Just like an image is an arrangement of bits / 1s and 0s, I am an arrangement of atoms.

Now, what will happen if I were to change each bitcode bit by bit? What if to 1A's bitcode (01010110) I replace the last 0 with a 1, causing it to become 01010111? What happens is that I will get a different colour. The overall image will look different with each change of bitcode. Eventually, with enough bitcode changes, I will end up producing an entirely objectively different image.

And the same goes for my brain. If enough of the parts which constitute my brain are altered, I will eventually lose my personal consciousness and I will be replaced with somebody else, just like an image is replaced with something else by changing pixel by pixel. So, if I find a way to alter my brain enough, somebody else will come to replace me, and my personal consciousness will enter non-existence. From my family's point of view, I will still completely exist and nothing will change. My point of view, however, will cease to exist.
>>
>>10026329
Beautiful
>>
>>10026329
That's the most hopeful thing I've read in a while. Is that what Kierkegaard is like?
>>
>>10026329
Nice try, but you've fallen for the "brain = soul" meme. You =/= your brain.
>>
>>10026374
>You
nice spook
>>
>>10026329
Why don't you alter your brain by chewing on the barrel of a shotgun you stupid pseud
>>
>>10026329
woo so deep
>>
lmao

Read a psych textbook you dork, the brain is not a computer program
>>
>>10026329
...the analogy doesn't work.
>>
>The ship wherein Theseus and the youth of Athens returned from Crete had thirty oars, and was preserved by the Athenians down even to the time of Demetrius Phalereus, for they took away the old planks as they decayed, putting in new and stronger timber in their places, in so much that this ship became a standing example among the philosophers, for the logical question of things that grow; one side holding that the ship remained the same, and the other contending that it was not the same.

>Centuries later, the philosopher Thomas Hobbes introduced a further puzzle, wondering what would happen if the original planks were gathered up after they were replaced, and used to build a second ship.[4] Hobbes asked which ship, if either, would be the original Ship of Theseus.
>>
>>10026410
Well duh. The brain is a machine that runs computer programs.
>>
File: 1505358188689.jpg (66KB, 600x810px) Image search: [Google]
1505358188689.jpg
66KB, 600x810px
>>10026376
>people who haven't actually read Stirner
>>
>>10026496
>reading Stirner
>reading
Nice spooks
>>
>>10026329
There just might be more to it than just atoms
>>
>>10026329
The whole is more than the sum of its parts.
>>
>>10026341
No, 50% of Kierkegaards oeuvre is like 1500 pages of shameless stealing from Hegel, then complaining how Hegel is a fucking idiot and how hes wrong about everything, then some weird shit about how god can do whatever the fuck he wants and its better than good. The other 1500 pages are dedicated to him going tfw no gf in increasingly elaborate ways
>>
>>10026341
oh and the prose is pretty good
>>
>>10026329
>And the same goes for my brain. If enough of the parts which constitute my brain are altered, I will eventually lose my personal consciousness and I will be replaced with somebody else,

You lost me here m8. What is it about this being replaced by somebody else nonsense?
>>
There is more to you than only your brain. Your body is also "you", whatever that means.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.