[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name the absolute best book written in the past 5 to 10 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 4L_8Gcl4MW7.jpg (56KB, 500x543px) Image search: [Google]
4L_8Gcl4MW7.jpg
56KB, 500x543px
Name the absolute best book written in the past 5 to 10 years and what's so great about it.
>>
My diary desu
>>
Only history is the judge of good literature. No book is good unless it can manage to stay relevant for at least fifty years. The longer it stays relevant, the better it becomes.
>>
>>10025659
This.
>>
>>10025659
>The quality of an art is derived through extrinsic factors, not something fundamentally intrinsic about it that goes beyond human understanding
lol
>>
>>10025680
It takes time to assess the intrinsic value of art through the external values of culture.
>>
File: 11-22-63.jpg (26KB, 256x388px) Image search: [Google]
11-22-63.jpg
26KB, 256x388px
>>10025613
It's just a really good story, mang.
>Alright guys, bring the hate.
>>
>>10025659
>>10025662
>>10025680
or you could stop being pseuds and just give your shitty opinions of what the best book was
>>
>>10025613

That picture is creepy as hell.
>>
>>10025744
I wouldn't know. I don't read books that were written so recently.
>>
>>10025753
reading only the "classics" like a true pseud.
>>
>>10025758
Well, I am a classics and philosophy major.
>>
>>10025744
If I had a gun to my head, I would say The Elementary Particles or American Psycho are the best semi-recent books I've read. And I'm not even a great fan of Ellis and Houellebecq. I've read DeLillo, Franzen, Wallace, etc. and I realize they share plenty in common with Houellebecq and Ellis in terms of theme, but I prefer Houellebecq and Ellis because of their style. Anything that sounds as if it would be discussed on NPR is a boner kill for me.

Instead I usually read older books. That's why I just agreed with that guy from earlier. I think American Psycho and The Elementary Particles are quite shitty compared to the older books I've read desu.
>>
File: serveimage-4.jpg (1MB, 4200x2800px)
serveimage-4.jpg
1MB, 4200x2800px
Anything by this fuccboi
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.