[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything I should know or do before I dive in? For example, when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 71Esw5QAmOL.jpg (239KB, 1400x2101px) Image search: [Google]
71Esw5QAmOL.jpg
239KB, 1400x2101px
Anything I should know or do before I dive in? For example, when reading Gravity's Rainbow I wished I had just kept a list with some notes on all the characters.

I know very little about the actual history of M&D, is it better to read up on that a little first or just go in cold?
>>
Just go, it doesn't jump between characters as much
>>
>>10024972
ignite a giant spliff. You're in for some DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
Read the entire western canon up to 1997. The post-1997 canon is recommended as well.
>>
>>10024972

Just Dive In . . . the famous last words. But go on ahead lad, you're ready for it. Right? It's OK to be nervous, especially with things getting so Politickal these days . . .

Up, Down, Left & Right,
Father, Son & Holy Spirit!
Mason & Dixon,
Oh Boy, Let's Yell & Cheer It!
>>
>>10024972
its not very challenging. the only thing that confused mewas when the narration changed from Rev. Cherrycoke to his relations reading out of Ghastly Fop ~pg. 500
t. just read it
>>
I've read a lot of Pynchon, started with GR, and am really excited to read this. Just gotta bite the bullet and dive in. I hear it is his best by many
>>
It's his best, and very moving. Don't go long stretches without reading it though, or you'll have a hard time getting back into it.
>>
What's the problem, Anon? It's just a

Rag-a-muffin' life
To pull-you-through-that strife
Ain't nothin' to joke,
But if you'll only just smoak
Then maybe it'll be all-right?

[Chorus]
But that (oh)
Full-some pre-tentio-si-ty
That fills your -- thoughts, with me-diocri-ty
It's just (hey!)
Holdin' you back
If it would give you some slack
You might 'preciate ver-bosity

[Neckbeards and shitposters amble in, tripping over each others' feet; an unrealistically proportioned nude male of color begins gyrating his hips in an animated fashion, drawing one's eye--and yes, the Anons' as well!--toward the pendulous 'pendage which describes major arcs at pelvic-level. A passing /pol/lak, copy of The Culture Of Critique in hand, pauses to gaze 'pon the sight, salivating involuntarily]
>>
>hey guys do i need to learn something before i learn something
>>
>>10025416
That's why they teach differential equations in 3rd grade right?
>>
>>10025435

Are you in third grade and do you think a rigid progression is required to learn?
>>
>>10025442
No and sometimes yes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.