[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really enjoy the intense visual imagery, and descriptive prose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I really enjoy the intense visual imagery, and descriptive prose of HP lovecraft. Would someone recommend other works of equal, or surpassed descriptive prose?

Pic related, it's the version I have. It's an amazing edition.
>>
Hemingway?
>>
Lovecraft's greatest influence, of whom he admired very much, was Lord Dunsany – it is from him that he got the dreamy style.

Start with The King of Elflands Daughter
>>
Besides, there was a strangely calming element of the cosmic beauty in the hypnotic landscape through which we climbed and plunged fantastically. Time had lost itself in the labyrinths behind, and around us stretched only the flowering waves of faery and the recaptured loveliness of vanished centuries - the hoary groves, the untainted pastures edged with gay autumnal blossoms, and at vast intervals the the small brown farmsteads nestling amidst huge trees beneath verticle precipices of fragrant brier and meadow-grass. Even the sunlight assumed a supernal glamour, as if some special atmosphere or exhalation mantled the whole region.

- The Whisperer in the Darkness
>>
>>10022715
>gay
>brown
>huge
>whole
>>
>>10021336
Gormenghast trilogy
>>
>>10021336
Melville
>>
>>10022715
>every noun must have at least three adjectives followed by at least two verbs and at least one adverb: the passage
>>
>>10021336
Is this where we post our favourite Lovecraft stories? I think Rats in the Walls is one of the few stories that actually chills me desu

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/rw.aspx
>>
File: Klarkash-Ton.jpg (27KB, 364x436px) Image search: [Google]
Klarkash-Ton.jpg
27KB, 364x436px
>>10021336
The works of Clark Ashton Smith. Some of it is like an alien wrote it.
>>
>>10021336
Which edition is that?
>>
>>10024090
I fucking loved the way he ended the Rats in The Walls. Not my favourite story by him, but god fucking damn was it good.

Im extremely partial to Celephais simply for what was the end of the second paragraph, if memory serves. About what life was like before we were wise and unhappy.
>>
>>10024174
Easton Press.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.