[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in the middle of this and I'm REALLY not enjoying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I'm in the middle of this and I'm REALLY not enjoying it as much as I have his other works. Why does the plot seem so... aimless? How would you rank Fitzgerald's novels?
>>
>>10020184
>The Beautiful and Damned
>Gatsby
>Short stories
>This Side of Paradise
>>
>>10020346
Someone hasn't read Tender is the Night, by far his great novel. This Side's a good book, and concludes beautifully.
>>
>>10020184
Started this today. I enjoy a vignette-style of story-telling and this book comes across as hit-and-miss in this regard, although so far I like it overall. Not a fan of the expositional moments, but I am only 30-ish pages in so I can't speak too broadly.
>>
Gatsby
Tender is the Night
TB&D
Paradise
>>
>>10020184
This Side of Paradise is what he wrote when he was afraid he was going to die and wanted to express his deepest longings about nostalgia and true love before he lost his chance.

Gatsby is a more fully realized expression of that desire. More tightly packed and less meandering, it's a wonderful novel.

But it's the Beautiful and the Damned that truly rises above. Among people who have really read Fitzgerald, I have found this and Tender is the Night are the ones that most fascinate and intrigue them.

Tender is the Night had a stellar first half, but falls apart as the book continues, still definitely worth reading imo.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.