[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank the English romantic poets, from best to worst. I would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

Rank the English romantic poets, from best to worst.

I would say it ranks like this:
Blake>Keats>Shelley>Byron>Wordsworth>Coleridge
>>
>>10020089
What's the point in this?
>>
>>10020098
What's the point in any of the shitposting here dumbass?

If you have to ask, leave this fucking board.
>>
>>10020108
>quantifying the unquantifiable
>>
>>10020089
Blake>Keats>Wordworth>Coleridge>Mary's Husband and Lover
>>
>>10020117
Why do you place Wordsworth third? I find his style drab and plain, but am interested in your decision.

>>10020116
Go be a college B student somewhere else.
>>
>>10020122
You don't write like a white man. Stick to your African "poets", sweety
>>
>>10020128
Nigger, I have better control of the English language than you. That makes me whiter than you.
>>
>>10020089
Shelley>Blake>Coleridge>Keats>Byron
>>
>>10020133
I bet you're nowhere near as white as me. You probably come from America that's not a white country
>>
>>10020122
Because he's plain. Nutting is my favorite.
>>
>>10020142
>Speaks American
>Thinks it's not THE white country

cuck
>>
>>10020089
Wordsworth>Shelley>Blake>Keats>Byron>Coleridge\Clare
Coleridge however was the brains of the outfit. There's nothing at all quite like the Biographia Literaria in the whole of English lit. It's wonderful.
>>
>>10020150
Bet your a feminist judging by your hysterics like a little dumb whore. Your not superior enough to appreciate white writers like you claim
>>
>>10020149
(You) just haven't read enough. Begin with the 1805 Prelude.
>>
>>10020160
>ur hysterics like a little dumb whore. Your not superior
i called you a cuck and you wrote an essay

stay mad
>>
>>10020161
Oh, I didn't realized i didn't read enough.
>>
>>10020163
Still sad that Hillary lost, honey? Enjoy the next 8 years
>>
>>10020172
Well? He has a ton of verse. The Prelude's basically a travelogue that begins with his childhood and concludes with his hiking over the alps to check out the French Revolution for himself while it's still in process. It's a different Wordsworth than the one of the lyrics and short narratives. May change your mind.
>>
>claims to like romantic poetry
>hasn't read Charlotte Smith
>>
>>10020194
stfu bich
>>
having a jej at anyone who doesn't put wordsworth first—automatic pleb status.

"The immense burden of Wordsworth's poetry is the contradiction that he understood better than all his followers down to today: self-consciousness is essential for modern poetry, yet self-consciousness is the antagonist of poetry, the demon that needs to be exorcised."

Wordsworth>>Keats>Blake>Coleridge>Byron>Shelley
>>
>>10020089
What would Harold Bloom's version have looked like?
>>
>>10020140
>>10020153
I've never seen people place Shelley so highly before. Why have you decided this?
>>
>>10020222
Toss up between Wordsworth and Blake first, with the nod given reluctantly to the former, probably.
>>
>>10020234
Promethius Unbound and The Cenci for me. With sufficient admiration for his more anthologized stuff.
>>
Keats/Clare >> Wordsworth >> Coleridge >> Blake >> Shelley >> Byron
>>
>>10020234
Shelley used the language extraordinarily well. So well that when youre young (Carlyle's Sartor Resartus comes to mind) he seems obscure, hard to read. The more (you) grow into the language the clearer Shelley becomes. Until at last he's 'clear as a bell,' the most pristine (in terms of sense) user of English of all the Romantics. Not the best poet, but like Wordsworth a *real* poet, and close.
>>
Easy shit
>Wordsworth
>Shelley
>Blake
>Keats
>Coleridge
>Southey
>Landor
>Byron
>>
John Clare should be 2nd place after Blake.
>>
File: alphie.jpg (170KB, 838x1200px) Image search: [Google]
alphie.jpg
170KB, 838x1200px
Keats > Byron/Shelley > Coleridge > Blake > Wordsworth
>>
Keats > Blake > Shelley > Coleridge > Byron > Wordsworth
>>
>Byron
>Romantic
Do you wish for him to turn in his grave?
>>
>>10021851
>Blake that low
>>
File: alf.jpg (87KB, 558x600px) Image search: [Google]
alf.jpg
87KB, 558x600px
>>10022071
DAS RITE.
>>
>>10020089
Blake>Kipling>Tennyson
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.