[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the Evangelion of /lit/? >inb4 eva is shit I know,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1503440933574.jpg (887KB, 1168x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1503440933574.jpg
887KB, 1168x1732px
What is the Evangelion of /lit/?

>inb4 eva is shit
I know, I would rate it a 7/10
>>
your diary
>>
>>10019479
But I dont use pointless Christian symbolism, and I dont even have one
>>
>>10019478
Unironically the meme trilogy, mostly IJ and GR.
>What's the big deal, it's just about some average's kid inability to communicate
>The ending destroys the work itself, bravo
>Should I be well-versed in Greek myphology and Kabbalah before starting this?
>Ha-ha, the author of this is so depressed/reclusive/fucked up in the fetish department
>What the fuck happens during the 23rd part
>Ego isolates us from being consumed by the totality of inter-connectedness, but not feeling any connections feels horrible, dude
>DRUGS LMAO
>Let's sing this poppy weirdly up-beat tune as the universe shatters
>et cetera ad infinum
>>
Is there any literature similar to the anime called "Serial Experiments Lain"?
>>
>>10019563
>meme trilogy
Can I have an actual name, also when was eva
>DRUGS LMAO
>>
>>10019597
He is referring to Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace, Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon, & Ulysses by James Joyce.
>>
>>10019605
Okay thanks
>>
>>10019478
>7/10
Plebeian
>>
>>10019478
Were there any Abrahamic sects or philosophers in history whose love for Jesus came in a desperate holistic form (i.e. both physically, even sexually, as well as mentally; worldly as well as spiritually; etc)

The kind of extremely lonely (if not solipsistic) love and desperation for salvation that you see Shinji feels towards Kaworu.

Otherwise I have to think Kaworu is a world-historical innovation here. He is the Christ figure, yet contrary to Christian tradition the viewer/Shinji's desire for salvation is bodily/individualistic/realist as well as spiritual.
>>
>>10019612
I didnt want to risk overating it. I love it but there are somethings (some animation mess ups, sloppy characterazion on Dr.Agaki and Rei, and plot holes) that cannot be ignored
>>
>>10019588
This desu, by extension texhnolyze. Eva is an overrated anime adaptation of Freud's literary works mixed with director Anno's own autism. (Although SEL does draw on Jung, ironic as the juxtaposition may be)
>>
>>10019588
Binge on Stephenson, although he is too wacky. People constantly recommend PKD but that's so thematically off you might as well just a pick a random speculative fiction / sf writer. Actually, ditch the books and just watch Tarkovsky's Solaris (you can read the original if you want to).
>>
>>10019664
Tarkovsky is a great director and all but dismissing the original is just criminal. Try Eden by Lem as well, it's got some remotely similar themes and is somewhat poorly known.
>>
>>10019506
Tell us more about your Evangelion diary that you don't have desu sempai
>>
>>10019705
I take that back I actually have one. I just write what I think at that moment and a repsonse to that thought. It is just a page of scattered sentences
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.