[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you haven't read at least 1 McElroy, coover, hawkes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: latest-1.jpg (53KB, 554x378px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
53KB, 554x378px
If you haven't read at least 1 McElroy, coover, hawkes, federman, Bernhard, Stein, barthelme, or Gass your a fucking pleb and should an hero.
>>
File: deedog.jpg (73KB, 636x418px) Image search: [Google]
deedog.jpg
73KB, 636x418px
>Burger, burger, burger, burger'n'freedom-fries, author, burger, burger, Burger
>>
>>10018453
Barthelme is a hack.
>>
>>10018569
Kys faggot. I'm English and refuse to read translations until I'm out of English works to read. sorry only Americans are pushing English literature forward. I'M FUCKING STUCK IN HERE WITH PLEBS
>>
>>10018633
Gas yourself. His short story collections and the dead father were amazing.
>>
>dude read these authors that i like or kys lmao

If you had asked nicely or given some positive critique of their works, I honestly would have considered reading them. I really did buy a work from a relatively unknown author at the urging of one anon.

But you. You're the reason why no one takes art seriously. You're the reason why even when great works exist, they go unappreciated due to their "fans" (if you can even call them that) being truly autistic, incapable of understanding how being an abrasive ass will make people ignore you.
>>
>>10018644
>Then Daumier looked at Celeste and saw that the legs on her were as long and slim as his hope of Heaven and the thighs on her were as strong and sweet-shaped as ampersands and the buttocks on her were as pretty as two pictures and the waist on her was as neat and incurved as the waist of a fiddle and the shoulders on her were as tempting as sex crimes and the hair on her was as long and black as Lent and the movement of the whole was honey, and he sank into a swoon.
>>
>>10018453
Agree with all except McElroy. Style over substance is the lowest of plebbery wank.
>>
>>10018453
>reading burgerpomo

"no"
>>
feel when got tricked into reading 500 page richard nixon erotic fanfiction
>>
>>10018730
Kys
>>
File: IMG_6924.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6924.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
>>10018453
>>
Hawkes is underrated.
>>
>>10018730
You use the phrase "style over substance" and then accuse others of being plebs? lol

You should add Jason Schwartz to your list OP.
>>
>>10019190
Hawkes is SHIT
reddit tier garbage
>>
>>10018731
Go read Ian McEwan then. Americans are the only one pushing the English language forward
>>
>>10018453
Remember that there was a time when you hadn't read them either!
>>
>>10018453
>federman

you misspelled Stanley Elkin, faggot.
>>
>>10020865
Wow thanks nigger I actually forgot I need to read him. Any other authors you want to throw my way.
>>
>>10018453
The Tunnel is the most tumescent, turgid bullshit I've ever read. Complexity and density doesn't necessitate quality when your prose is shite.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.