[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any recommendations for someone fairly new to politics? Finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170909_023526.jpg (6KB, 209x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170909_023526.jpg
6KB, 209x248px
Any recommendations for someone fairly new to politics? Finally got curious and want to learn about the different ideologies and form my own opinions
>>
Hm. I'd say Stephan Molyneux is a good place to start. I propelled past him before I ever knew who he was, but he seems like the guy I'd recommend to people who ask this kind of question.
>>
File: burke-and-paine.jpg (50KB, 960x524px) Image search: [Google]
burke-and-paine.jpg
50KB, 960x524px
>>10017053
Uh...

>>10017041
But, seriously OP, try The Righteous Mind by Haidt, for the psychology behind political ideologies; Hobsbawm's the Age of Extremes gives you a good historical grounding of those ways of thinking which dominate discourse today; and The Great Debate: Edmund Burke, Thomas Paine, and the Birth of Right and Left gives you exactly what it says, with a smattering of both philosophy and psychological (emphasis on history).

Hope that helps.
>>
>>10017053
Worst fucking advice I've ever seen. Molymeme has some good videos but is an extremely poor thinker. The Oxford Handbook of Political Ideologies looks good (and is readily available as an epub).
>>
>>10017053
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-rIkAOHPBg
truly the intellectual of our time
>>
>>10017080
Alright thanks Anon
>>10017081
I'll check that out too
>>
File: Economics in One Lesson.jpg (12KB, 240x353px) Image search: [Google]
Economics in One Lesson.jpg
12KB, 240x353px
>>10017041
The basics of libertarian ideology:
https://mises.org/system/tdf/Henry%20Hazlitt%20Economics%20in%20One%20Lesson.pdf?file=1&type=document
>>
>>10017053
Stefan Molyneux is a retard that recommends people cut all ties from their family because it violates the ancap NAP.
Fable 2 and 3 sucked balls.
>>
>>10017041
Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes.
>>
>>10017053

This. Stephan Molyneux is one of the greatest philosophers of our time. Neil Degrasse-Tyson is another.
>>
>>10017088
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDoIilJ-_Z0
>>
>>10017041
You also need to study philosophy since there exist no political opinion that is not based on prior philosophical assumptions about human nature and society.
>>
Start with the greeks
>>
>>10017041
DO NOT READ ANY MARXIST BULLSHIT

LIBERTARIANS ARE BEST

LIBERTARIANS ARE BEST

DO NOT SETTLE FOR LESS
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.