[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you supposed to read this? I've read it once, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

How are you supposed to read this? I've read it once, and the prose/asthetics are amazing, but is there anything else to it besides "people are evil!!" ?
>>
>>10016345
>How are you supposed to read this?

You look at the words and follow them from left to right

Also puffed up Zane Grey
>>
i wouldn't use the word amazing. he really over does it at times.
>>
>>10016345
>is there anything else to it besides "people are evil!!
Not really, thats as far as the themes really go, the rest is aesthetics
>>
Sie mussen schlafen aber Ich muss tanzen
>>
>>10016345
>How are you supposed to read this?
You're not, it's puerile trash for kids who love wearing trenchcoats and listening to metal.
>>
>prose/asthetics are amazing
Abusing parataxis to turgidly decribe eating tortillas is far from that, but then again this board is mostly americans.
>>
>>10017429
my sides
>>
>>10017437
Nice meme gaylord
>>
>>10016345
>I've read it once
>anything else to it besides "people are evil!!"

Read it again until you realize how silly you are.
>>
>>10017429
>You're not, it's puerile trash for kids who love wearing trenchcoats and listening to metal.

listening to drone-doom*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbPeZMpdSjE
>>
File: 1499453970214.png (522KB, 546x730px) Image search: [Google]
1499453970214.png
522KB, 546x730px
>>10017929
>I listen to this every time I read BM
>>
>>10016345
Religious and literary allusions, a little geology and history, the atmosphere of atheistic dread, some keen Seinfeldian observations dressed up in Old West terms, a fun plot:

The Judge us overrated IMO. I mean he's a great villain, especially for a mary sue of sorts, but most of the meat is in the narration. This quote by Tobin stuck with me:

>The Lord has little sense of equity in his distribution of gifts

OP, I think the violence is senseless because it's kinda meant to portray violence that way. The killings in the book are anything but glorious. Whites, blacks, mexicans and indians all take on a beastlike quality after dragging their dicks through the desert from battlefield to battlefield.
>>
corncobby tortilla lit, its pretty average throughout
>>
>>10016345
Ive read all of McCarthy's novels. BM is really good but Child of God is better imo. Suttree is my favourite though.
>>
>>10017975
pointless, senseless, and everlasting

still love this description

> "A legion of horribles, hundreds in number, half naked or clad in costumes attic or biblical or wardrobed out of a fevered dream with the skins of animals and silk finery and pieces of uniform still tracked with the blood of prior owners, coats of slain dragoons, frogged and braided cavalry jackets, one in a stovepipe hat and one with an umbrella and one in white stockings and a bloodstained wedding veil and some in headgear or cranefeathers or rawhide helmets that bore the horns of bull or buffalo and one in a pigeontailed coat worn backwards and otherwise naked and one in the armor of a Spanish conquistador, the breastplate and pauldrons deeply dented with old blows of mace or sabre done in another country by men whose very bones were dust and many with their braids spliced up with the hair of other beasts until they trailed upon the ground and their horses' ears and tails worked with bits of brightly colored cloth and one whose horse's whole head was painted crimson red and all the horsemen's faces gaudy and grotesque with daubings like a company of mounted clowns, death hilarious, all howling in a barbarous tongue and riding down upon them like a horde from a hell more horrible yet than the brimstone land of Christian reckoning, screeching and yammering and clothed in smoke like those vaporous beings in regions beyond right knowing where the eye wanders and the lip jerks and drools."
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.