[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I wrote a novel and asked my mummy to read it. She finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: feelwojak.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
feelwojak.gif
14KB, 633x758px
So I wrote a novel and asked my mummy to read it.

She finished it yesterday evening but avoided for a while until I asked her what was wrong. She started crying and said the depiction of the protagonist's mother in the book is very harsh and she hopes it wasn't intended to hurt her. I told her it wasn't based on her, but I guess since the protagonist is literally me but more mysterious and so on she must have made that mistake. For example in the book the mother of the protagonist is described in one scene as a "used-up fifty-something slut" and in a piece of dialogue between the protagonist and one of his two girlfriend's he basically articulates at length why boys shouldn't be raised by a single mother (as I was). I'm not sure how to react to this and whether to change anything in the book for her sake? Any advice?
>>
>used-up fifty-something slut
easy on the edges
>>
>>10014303
Write a mother son sex scene where the son praises her for her tight pussy and amazing skill at fellatio.
>>
poor attempt at imitating pessoa-chan. Refine your style and try again.
>>
>>10014303
Similar thing happened to me in like... high school with a short story that was getting published and my parents read it before it was printed and accused me of portraying them as depressed. I agreed with them to take the relevant parts out of the story and we didn't talk about it after that. I think now I would feel too guilty to write anything negative about parent figures unless its under a pen name or its after my parents are dead. It sounds like the mother character is pretty crucial to your novel but i think it would prob make her feel better if u did change it or at least turn it around so that the character is cast in a positive light?
>>
>>10014303
I'm pretty sure I watched an episode of The Goldbergs with this plot line
>>
>>10014303
So you wrote a self-insert story where the protagonist resents his mom and it didn't occur to you that your own mother would be hurt by it? She was probably crying because she realized her son is retarded
>>
>tfw my novel has underage incestual rape and a scene featuring piss drinking
Not sure about showing it to mummy tbqh
>>
File: 1504732922102.jpg (533KB, 1384x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1504732922102.jpg
533KB, 1384x1029px
>>10014303
Wew lad. It's understandable because women have had it hammered into them for decades now that their kids secretly hate them. It's been a fixture in pop-psychology for a minute now.

What you have to say is, if the protagonist is similar to you but different, "the reason he's so fucked up is that he didn't have a good mother, like I did."

That will fix the problem. You just have to reassure your mom that you aren't signalling that she's a bad person, you're signalling the opposite. Particularly these days a lot of mothers worry that they've failed their kids, when really it's the economy, our culture and our society that has failed. Your momma needs some reassurance, go give it to her.
>>
>>10014469
>when really it's the economy, our culture and our society that has failed
Bro you can't be for real with this shit
>>
>>10014420
The Stephen King episode kek
>>
>>10014326
I approve this message.
>>
>>10014480
"Bro," unless you can guess what country, province and city I live in, even attempting to criticize that statement is outlandishly hypocritical. What if I'm Spanish? What then asshole? What if I'm Greek? What if I'm an American in West Virginia? What if the economy, the culture and our society actually HAS failed?

You please tell me how for real I cannot be, Socrates, be my little faggot gadfly and explain to me how little I know about my own situation.
>>
File: 1504453108124.jpg (64KB, 479x599px) Image search: [Google]
1504453108124.jpg
64KB, 479x599px
>>10014508
This guy. I like this guy
>>
>>10014469
There is unironically a section in the Culture of Critique about this: how western culture under jewish influence has constructed this notion of kids rebelling against their parents as natural and normal, or how old people are stuck in the past and the youth know better/are going to make the world more progressive, as a way to further destroy our connection to our roots.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.