[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cant find any good books that are short can someone help me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: gno.png (473KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
gno.png
473KB, 2000x2000px
I cant find any good books that are short can someone help me? If a book isnt Stephen King level of words and pages then it must be a book for babies right? I feel like reading contests back in elementary school really skewed me and made me think more words= more mature

can anyone prove me wrong i want to read good books but dont have time to read massive things anymore

PRove me wrong
I'm from 4chan
>>
Hemingway's work mostly consists of reasonably short novels. Some of Steinbeck. Bukowski, if you're into degenerate personas.
>>
>>10010413
Holy shit how did you get so fucking smart?
>>
I've heard good things about Notes from Underground (only halfway through rn) and Siddhartha. Those are just from the top of my head though.
>>
>>10010468
What?
>>
>>10010473
Oh my god you must be a god damn brain surgeon on a rocket.
>>
>>10010476
I really can't see why listen these books should give any reason to troll.
But have your fun with it if it amuses you.
>>
>>10010485
I'm not trolling what the fuck? I just think you're smart
>>
>>10010488
Lets agree to disagree.
>>
>>10010491
You're really the bigger man here, can you tell me more?

Honestly I would not have been smart enough to say this.
>>
>>10010395
Good short books I can think of

The Stranger
The Sea Close By
The Old Man and the Sea
The Yellow Wallpaper
Anything by Lovecraft

A lot of good authors often have collections of short stories published together (e.g. Kafka, Lovecraft). I believe Penguin have a series of short classic books called the "Little Black Books."
>>
>>10010413
Wait is Hemingway actually supposed to be good? I thought he was a spook.

Also how is Bukowski degenerate?

P.S you need to post more hipster underground books for street cred
>>
Robert Heinlein has a couple collections of short stories that are good.
>>
>>10010561
I personally like Hemingway. But to each his own.
Bukowski is about drinking, fucking hating work, and more drinking.

As is mentioned before, Kafka is also pretty compact.
>>
>>10010610
Isn't Hemingway that weird sex pervy guy with the mustache ? He's written billions of jillions of books
>>
>>10010561
And I don't know any hipster underground books.
>>
>>10010612
No
>>
Are books a spook?
>>
>>10010907
yes
>>
Since u mentioned Stephen King, 'The Body' and 'Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption' are both short.

Otherwise, Slaughterhouse-5, The Stranger, The Crying of Lot 49, Of Mice and Men, etc.
>>
>>10011076
BABY BOOKS FOR BABY HIGH SCHOOLERS NOT FOR MATURE READERS
>>
>>10011119
ok
>>
>>10011239
dont worry about it jeeremy
>>
>>10010395
Herman Hesse.
>>
>>10011542
either i delete my page or block everybody
>>
File: 1503879678942.png (443KB, 1462x576px) Image search: [Google]
1503879678942.png
443KB, 1462x576px
>>10010395
>>
>>10011843
This or alternatively read Borges/Cortázar short stories.
>>
>>10011848
triple zetta slow
>>
>>10010500
The first part of this post is good, but your weird hatred for the Hemmingway rec is bizarre and out of line.
>>
>>10012107
I thought this nigga was a bird at first
>>
Phillip K Dick short stories. I like "The hanging stranger".

I will undoubtedly get shit for this but in my early reading I found Vonnegut's "Look at The Birdie" collection enjoyable.

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, even if you've seen the movie.
Camus' "Stranger" and "The Fall" are nice quick reads.
If you don't mind blank verse and a little romance try Dante's Vita Nuova, I'm reading it now and I like it.

Anyhow I better get to bed, I have a John Greem novel I can't put down and its my first day of grade 12 tomorrow morning.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.