[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A wave of words and woven breath's trickle over the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8125.jpg (42KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8125.jpg
42KB, 980x490px
>A wave of words and woven breath's trickle over the fingers of suffering deaths tightest grip on desperations coagulated purple flesh now pardoned of an ocean of unspeakable depths now returning and simmering into the dying tides of a restless ease and another wave of words. Broken and blown away in the color of every fallen leaf since tormented beginnings of the end tumbling together forming a jumping current from the great unknowing's stupendous diligent stupidity suspending all time to a continuous space of salacious debauchery. Sitting hunched over the corner of the literary world, the fantasy now awash with the uninvited light of the real world penetrating through the window-blind eyelids of an altogether other world complicit to housing a living nightmare. Forced sublimation correlated with the influx of the possibility of receding possibilities follows this coerced happiness and yet precedes that same force while determined to this or barred from that or any other possibility but nonetheless enslaved by repetitive animation, and the sounds of a washing machine a wash with unstoppability as well as the sight of a naked lamp unplugged populate the thought scape of a train tumbling down the dark abyss of infinite transgression. Feathers and boards collapsing into themselves with afflictions as good as fictions, even better, a wisp of an awesome wallop at your self at its own feet defeated by another wave. Drown.

How's my prose?
>>
>>10007747
>woven breath's
>suffering deaths
>tightest grip
>coagulated purple
>unspeakable depths
>dying tides
>restless ease
>fallen leaf
>tomented beginnings
>jumping current
>etc. etc et.c et.c e.t.cet.c

kill yourself
>>
Thesaurus vomit that means nothing. Quit tugging your scabby prick while you write and think about how any sane person is supposed to sit down and read this horse shit you're serving up.
>>
>>10007765
What kind of reception could I expect if I chose to publish a novel in this style
>>
>>10007775
No literary agent or publishing house would entertain your diarrhea with even a courtesy notice of rejection.
>>
>>10007777
What if one did? What kind of reviews could I expect from actual smart people and not degenerates like you
>>
Sorry man but it's really bad. I wouldn't attempt purple prose when you're a starting writer. To get to the level of Joyce, or even close, you need to work your way up. Joyce himself started with stark realism in Dubliners. Read Flaubert and tighten up your prose, and then slowly expand it. It reads kind of like a bad imitation of Gass
>>
File: IMG_8050.jpg (800KB, 1800x1376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8050.jpg
800KB, 1800x1376px
>>10007761
>Implying I have a self to kill

Please son, i am fedora's box incorporated
>>
>>10007792
I think the opposite. FW is a big book because of how pedantic it is not cuz of the prose. The best part of Ulysses is purple and it's really easy to understand in that it obeys its own law of traversing semiotics and all that good stuff and it's really just a ride u know. I don't take it so srsly, but it's strange, when I allow myself to fully express a creative enthusiasm, I take the playing itself very srsly. It's amazing. I love it. I enjoy realism, wouldn't it be cool to do Joyce backward. Last novel a brutally real novel. Or maybe a collection of children's stories
>>
How's my verse?

Alacritous minds we walk,
Through the gates of Heaven.
The arduous and uneasy journey,
Palliated by pleasant company.
>>
>>10007830
Alacritous minds we walk,
Through the gates of Heaven.
The arduous and uneasy journey,
Palliated by pleasant company.
>>
>>10007792
>"We must take our sentences seriously, which means we must understand them philosophically, and the odd thing is that the few who do, who take them with utter sober seriousness, the utter sober seriousness of right-wing parsons and political saviors, the owners of Pomeranians, are the liars who want to be believed, the novelists and poets, who know that the creatures they imagine have no other being than the sounding syllables which the reader will speak into his own weary and distracted head. There are no magic words. To say the words is magical enough."

Do u even understand gass
>>
>>10007830
I like it
Are you aware of the archaic format though? Is it on purpose? Are you gonna make fun of it? I hope so
I like it
>>
File: 1423326477471.jpg (205KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1423326477471.jpg
205KB, 1280x853px
>>10007747
>Wave
>ocean
>tides

Am I reading about drowning? Because I drowned three lines in and couldn't finish.
Tame it, is my advice.
>>
Guy on the edge of his bed just finished masterbating.
>>
>>10007792

I've come to notice that most "new writers" I see posting their stuff, have this purple feel to it, and they all get flustered too when someone says it's shit. I guess this is how they find out what purple prose is, so it's actually good that they post it so that they can start improving right off the bat.
>>
>>10007747
Your writing is way, way over the top and extremely self-serious. So many words, so little meaning.
>>
>>10007747
Stop trying to be Virginia Woolf
>>
The criticism in this thread is correct. A lot of beginning writers make this same mistake.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.