[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck no I'm not reading all of this. Which are the main/essential/most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Fuck no I'm not reading all of this. Which are the main/essential/most important/etc books? I'm not looking to become a scholar on Kierkegaard, I'm just interested in the main aspects of his philosophy.
>>
>>10007746
Fear and Trembling and then Either/Or
>>
>>10007750
Anything else? I think I've heard the one about anxiety being mentioned often
>>
Attack upon Christendom
Fear and Trembling
Either/Or
Works of Love

enjoy, OP. the first one is the most entertaining.
>>
>>10007746
Either/Or
Fear and Trembling
Philosophical Fragments
The Concept of Anxiety
>>
>>10007760
>Attack upon Christendom
yawn
>>
>>10007802
i disagree with your yawn, but on second thought its not necessary if you want to get the gist of his actual philosophy like OP states.
>>
The most entertaining Kierkegaard to read is The Seducer's Diary in Either/Or. It's much more aesthetic than philosophical though. Also check out his entries on Regine Olsen in his Journals and Papers to understand it.
>>
>>10007751
The Concept of Anxiety or The Sickness Unto Death? The former isn't as important as the latter but I think those two works are more than enough to understand Kierkegaard. Either/Or is by far his best work. Fear and Trembling gives you a taste of what he's about though without the problems of multiple narrative changes and literary obfuscation.
>>
>>10007850
I meant the former, but I guess I'll include the latter to the list

Seems Either/Or and Fear and Trembling is where it's at by the looks of the thread
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.