[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>http://struckamatchwithfeeling.tum blr.com/post/13099743

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2117.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2117.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>http://struckamatchwithfeeling.tumblr.com/post/13099743150/harold-bloom-is-an-asshole
Did this post make you think?
>>
>tumblr

>rat_exits_room_at_mention_of_shadman.jpg
>>
>>10007367
Might be the worst thing I've ever read in my life.

>"Maybe the aesthetic aspects of literature shouldn't be minimized in the name of inclusion"
>OH WOW SO PEOPLE OF COLOR CAN'T INTO AESTHETICS? THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE WHITE MEN REEEEEEEEE

You can tell this was written by a woman
>>
File: le lit meme man.png (95KB, 906x439px) Image search: [Google]
le lit meme man.png
95KB, 906x439px
Realtalk though, man is a Grade-A pseud
>>
>>10007413
he's the ezra pound of literary criticism
>>
>>10007413
What do you find wrong about that particular quote?
>>
>This is why people hate white men. Because you’re assholes.

Dats raciss
>>
>>10007431
>I can't dislike black men for committing half of all murders in the US despite being 6.5% of the population
>I can hate all white men based on the opinions of single Jewish academic who's arguably not even white
Can someone explain this to a dummy like me?
>>
not literature
go there and talk about it to her face fag
>>
>>10007367
HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

She's not even fucking READING what he's saying. This reads like a parody. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, HOLY SHIT, I HOPE SHE'S JOKING

>>“As the formulator of a critical concept I once named “the anxiety of influence,” I have enjoyed the School of Resentment’s repeated insistence that such a notion applies only to Dead White European Males, and not to women and to what we quaintly term ‘multiculturalists.’ Thus, feminist cheerleaders proclaim that women writers lovingly cooperate with one another as quilt makers, while African-American and Chicano literary activist go even further in asserting their freedom from any anguish of contamination whatsoever: each of them is Adam early in the morning. They know no time when they were not as they are now; self-created, self-begot, their puissance is their own.”

>… Quilt makers? Did you just refer to all women writers as quilt makers?? Doesn’t that seem just the teensiest bit misogynistic? And way to just crap all over anyone who is not a Dead White European Male. This is why people hate white men. Because you’re assholes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HOLY SHIT NIGGA HE'S LITERALLY PARODYING THE IDEA THAT WOMEN WRITERS ARE "QUILT MAKERS" HAHAHAHA holy fucking SHIT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>“The Canon… has become a choice among texts struggling with one another for survival, whether you interpret the choice as being made by dominant social groups, institutions of education, traditions of criticism, or, as I do, by late-coming authors who feel themselves chosen by particular ancestral figures.”

>Actually no, the canon is formed by pretentious, rich, white, male, European-descended assholes who feel as though they have the god-given right to decide what is good literature. And then have the gall to act offended when people starting pointing out that everything you appreciate consists entirely of white, European or European-descended men.

Holy fuck she's retarded. Bloom conceded that that could be the case with his claiming that the canon could have been determined by "dominant social groups." She doesn't even understand the passages she's critiquing.
>>
>>10007367
>18 notes
How do you people find these things? I have to assume you're a personal friend of this girl and rather than talk to her about this you decided to bitch about it on /lit/.
>>
>>10007580
I literally googled Harold Bloom
>>
>>10007789
>I googled Harold Bloom and found a blogpost with a total of 18 likes + reblogs from 6 years ago
I feel like there's more to the story
>>
>>10007800
Excuse me you're right; I googled "Harold bloom maya Angelou" because I wanted to hear his thoughts on her and it came up
>>
File: bloom angelou.png (213KB, 612x1130px) Image search: [Google]
bloom angelou.png
213KB, 612x1130px
>>10007831

If you want some Bloom here's the introduction to his Modern Critical Views book on her.
>>
>>10007855
>and makes no formal or cognitive demands on the reader

Even when Bloom likes someone he's savage
>>
>>10007367
Is anyone else seriously concerned about what comes after he passes?
>>
>>10007970
Unironically yes
>>
>your name will never be in the Canon
Why even live?
>>
>>10007413
Fuck you. He's read more than you could in a hundred lifetimes.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.