[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop wasting time with youtube and clickbait and start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

How do I stop wasting time with youtube and clickbait and start becoming a human being? I think it is part because I don't have a legitimate goal in my life, since I live in a quickly and dirty satisfaction culture I rarely feel the dread of time sweeping me (when I catch up with the reality I spend some weeks being more productive, reading, writing, studying, but after some time I start to slack off and go to a dark zone for months).

Why is so hard to let it go of the screen masturbation? What are some good books to get me though my shit life?
>>
File: 1354514631926.jpg (286KB, 427x538px) Image search: [Google]
1354514631926.jpg
286KB, 427x538px
>>10006337
Screen time is addicting. Cancel internet. Read whatever. Take up outdoorsy activity and/or that purpose of your life.

Help end capitalism maybe.
>>
>>10006337
we are living in such a filthy culture and because of that, for us as those few genuinely intelligent and wholesome people in this sea of filth there is a gap between the life we find fulfilling and the life social reality can provide us with
that phenomenon is called anomie

there are multiple ways of dealing with it (regarding whether we accept or reject socially acceptable goals and socially acceptable means of achieving them):
1. conformity - being in dissonance with the society, but quietly getting over it and leading a normie lifestyle hoping that one day yellowstone will erupt or self-deluding yourself
2. innovation - accepting the society, but unlike conformity, disregarding the acceptable ways of reaching success - using crime to achieve our goals
3. ritualism - rejecting societal aspirations of normie lifestyle as awful as it is, but keeping working within it for whatever good we can extract from such a disgusting life
4. retreat - rejecting the society completely, retreating and indulging yourself in what ever fantasy or drug fueled life we choose in order to forget about life
5. rebellion - the best one but unrealistic, going from retreat to actively destroying and replacing the system
>>
>>10006337
Sometimes seemingly extreme measures are your best bet. I still have Cold Turkey blocking a large number of sites I love wasting time on, and I recommend giving your phone to someone else for safekeeping for a while. Having my screen access forcibly restricted and taken away made me realize how easy it can be to be productive.
>>
>>10006337
Кaждый paз, кoгдa тeбe хoчeтcя paзвaлитьcя и втыкнyть в кaкyю-нибyдь хyйню, нaпpяги пpecc, coбepи яйцa в кyлaк и нe дeлaй этoгo. Bceгo oдин тpюк, и для нeгo нe нyжны книги.
>>
>>10006389
>>10006337
I thought I will be the first one to recommend Cold Turkey. OP take his advice, this program did marvels to my productivity
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 1583x130px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 1583x130px
First you have to find habits that are more rewarding than F5, then make yourself a slave to them. I know you may be tempted to think structure and routine will turn into
>I remember being single for so very long - I remember making mental lists of compromises I was willing to make in order to get me to 76.5 years without snapping. If I only go to see two movies a week, one by myself, one with a friend, that'll make two nights of the week pass without quaking. Don't phone my friends in relationships too often or I'll look too desperate. Don't become godmother to too many of my friends' children or else I'll become a maiden-aunt punch line. Don't drink more than three drinks a night ever because I like drinking, and it could easily plaster over all of my cracks.
but it won't. YT and this place will fade.

>>10006415
uh
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.