[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are good books to go after him? I've read most of his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: cioran.jpg (192KB, 938x614px) Image search: [Google]
cioran.jpg
192KB, 938x614px
What are good books to go after him? I've read most of his stuff now and his pessimism is not doing anything to me anymore. I want to go deeper into the rabbit hole. Where's a good place to go after him?

>inb4 your/mine diary
>>
David Benatar is an option.
>>
And Philip Mainlander if you know German.
>>
>>10005269
Mainlander is new to me, thanks for the suggestion!
>>
File: zapzap.jpg (269KB, 763x1024px) Image search: [Google]
zapzap.jpg
269KB, 763x1024px
Zapffe is the endgame of pessimism. If you've already read him, don't expect to find anything bleaker, just maybe more effective ways of saying the same thing..
>>
>>10005305
I Zapped The Last Messiah but sadly I can't really find more of his works here that doesn't relate to religious themes and such (i.e. can't freaking get On the Tragic)
>>
You could also read non-fiction; say, about the end of the universe, planet or the worst-case scenarios of climate change.
>>
>>10005837
True, although I've never felt the similarly strong impact with such literature as I did with Cioran, for example
>>
>>10005338
>>10005305
Is there any work besides The Last Messiah that has been translated into English?
>>
>>10005874
Isn't there? That would actually explain why I can't find more of his stuff
>>
>>10005197
Logotti's Conspiracy, while weak in some respects (I still like it), surveys a ton of related literature. It would be a valuable source of recommendations, and a good recommendation in itself.
>>
>>10005945
*Ligotti
>>
>>10005945
Seems interesting, thanks!
>>
>>10005945
Thats the only book I didn'tt finished in years.
If you have already read Zapffe and Schopenhauer theres no point in reading pages of their exerts with no real commentary.
>>
>>10005922
I have tried for a long time to find a translation either in English or Dutch, and I can't seem to find any. Thomas Ligotti himself commented on how he would probably never read one of his "favourite authors", as he didn't speak Norwegian. (you know, the guy from The Human Conspiracy)
>>
>>10005990
That's a bloody shame. Well, maybe ONE day.

>>10005979
Will look into it once I'll have it in my hands. From the sound of the excerpt it feels like nothing new but if it's just a good read, as a refresher, I'll still probably stick my teeth into it.
>>
There's also John Gray.
And I saw a book called Nihil Unbound here sometime, but haven't read it and not sure if it is pessimism.
>>
>>10006007
Heard about it. As I've understood it is mostly a reviews and critiques of Adorno, Heidegger among others. Also, way, way too dense.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.