[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to be a writer. I have for years, in fact, but it is slowly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1504505199995.png (72KB, 302x443px) Image search: [Google]
1504505199995.png
72KB, 302x443px
I want to be a writer. I have for years, in fact, but it is slowly becoming a reality that I have no talent in writing. I am simply not good at writing. Is there any substitute for natural talent, or should I just give up on my aspirations?
>>
>>10004616
You could suck a real writers dick
You can start with mine if you want
>>
>>10004616
work harder and git gud
>>
>>10004616
you're not good because you want to be a writer, you don't want to write.
>>
Write every day, read constantly.
>>
>>10004634
This. Why aren't you writing now, OP?
>>
>>10004616
Practice and read.
>>
It's because you're a writer and not an artist
>>
>>10004616
Having the same problem (absolutely no talent) myself, I'd recommend you to try writing stuff you normally wouldn't. For example, I stopped writing the series of dark, blood-and-steel novels I was trying (and failing) to write for the last ten years for a while and instead tried writing humorous fan fiction for an anime.
Actually turned out quite well (at least in my opinion - I'm only halfway done right now and thus haven't yet had the chance to receive any feedback). I'm pretty sure that doing so increased my skill at creative writing.

Now obviously, I don't know what you're trying to write, but unless you're writing legal or technical documents, writing something completely different might be helpful.
>>
>>10004616
Learn the basics of grammar. It most likely isnt that you arent a good writer but instead lack the technical ability to properly paint the picture in your head. Every art form needs discipline in the technical. Study, study, study.
>>
>>10004616
https://youtu.be/bb7FJoiPuBk
>>
>>10006267
But what does grammar have to do with painting pictures in your head?
>>
>>10004616
Start with practicing short stories.

Learn how to write book by understanding how a book is written. More specifically, examine plot structures, understand the meticulous details of what makes a convincing story.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.