[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your honest opinion/personal interpretation of this play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (8KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 186x271px
What is your honest opinion/personal interpretation of this play? It seems that everybody has different theories and ideas on its ambiguities and messages. I'd like to get a complete picture of this play that a cursory reading couldn't get me.
>>
Oedipus was a sleepwalker; Hamlet was an insomniac.
>>
>>10002884
Wtf why is Hamlet a woman? Fucking SJWs!
>>
Legitimately one of the greatest cultural entities (play, story, or otherwise) in humanity's history.
>>
I like the interpretation that Hamlet is genuinely insane and not just faking it. Makes things a lot more lively if the protagonist is some psychopath running around fucking with shit and trash talking Ophelia.
>>
>>10003302
I mean that, whereas Oedipus' tragic flaw is that he cannot overcome the animalistic aspects of his nature, Hamlet's tragic flaw is that he has overcome them too well.

He can't sleep anymore than he can dance or fall in love, any more than he can let his (justified) anger overcome him and drive him to viscerally revenge himself on his Uncle: anything that involves letting go and falling in step with the totality of life is totally alien to him.

He is the ultimate anti-taoist: totally closed to the intuitive aspects of his nature--the order of creation--as insensible to the natural love between mothers and their children as he is to the love between men and women.
>>
http://elsinore.ucsc.edu/delay/delayBloom.html
>>
>>10003312
You should understand that the increased amount of representation of typically male characters depicted as females is a direct effect of a carefully orchestrated plan underway by George Soros & Co. in order to corrode any aspect of Western culture holding a higher cultural standard than pop star music videos & Steam Early Access video games.
>>
>>10000000
>lol
>>
>>10003350
>tfw to intelligent to avenge my father and assert my right to rule
>>
>>10003312
well that's unironically a bad thing, given that femininity resembles weakness
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.