[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Say something smart" >"I think the influence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: giphy.gif (3MB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 480x271px
>"Say something smart"
>"I think the influence of Kirkegaard on Camus is underestimated. I believe Hobbes is just Rousseau in a dark mirror. And I truly believe, with Hegel, that transcendence is absorption."

r8 /lit/. How legit is this "intellectual"™ character? She's supposed to be a genius.
Pro level: Say something smarter yourself.
>>
>>10002144
Isn't the point of Hal that he knows a lot of theoretical shit that he can cite but is completely naive and doesn't understand humans at all?
>>
File: 1486530933458.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
1486530933458.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>>10002144
She beith a character of whimst cometh from fiction. Thusly, she be not legit as being such.
>>
>>10002144
Only the last line is a 'smart' saying. Conversations that revolve around personalities - even personalities focused on personal beliefs, and even if those personalities are revolutionary philosophers - are inherently devoid of any intellectual value. Saying that Hobbes is Rousseau in a dark mirror communicates no true understanding of either personality, nor does it offer serious insight on their ideals (though it could be expanded on to offer such); it is a statement that appears intelligent, without holding the merit to warrant such alone.
>>
Intellectual, eh? I often shout "Go to the library. And step on it!" on crowded subway trains.
>>
It is just namedropping a bunch of philosophers and empty rhetoric to me.
I think I wouldn't notice a female genius if I met one; or they would hide it, or - if I would - they would be into more scientific, autistic, subjects.
>>
>>10002230
>or - if I would - they would
Make that:
>or - if I would notice it - they would
For better clarity.
>>
>>10002239
I think he was going for a kind of if I would meet one or if I would notice it combination, but what you wrote was better.
>>
>I take small bits out of a conversation to make someone look pretentious
>this is how I spend my free time
>this is what makes me feel smart
>not liking greentext
>>
>>10002264
it's from a movie, anon. it's said by a character in a movie.
>>
>>10002144
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
" - Ernest Hemingway
>>
why would you bother taking an ad out just to sell one pair of pre-owned baby shoes?
>>
Wait I just started reading this shit Hal is a grill?
>>
>>10002441
>>10002163
who the fuck is hal?
>>
>>10002532
Malcolm's dad
>>
>>10002144
What's this from?
>>
>>10002645
carrie pilby, @netflix

complete shit movie, not recommended
t. op
>>
>>10002144
Sounds like masturbation to me, m8. You've got to be more subtle than that.
>>
What is this thread fucking about.
>>
The writer used her, at this Y. to criticize the inflated ego of an 18-going-on-college self styled intellectual. Her self is not decipherable to the others in the room who are primarily men from other backgrounds and cultural spheres. (Reflect: What is the significance of the bathroom?)
>>
>>10004610
I did not mean to use the word "criticize" - "explore" would have been more accurate.
>>
>>10002144
Plato's influence on Nietzsche is underestimated, I believe that Schmitt is just Hobbes and Rousseau in an even darker mirror, I believe, with Socrates, that truth is virtue.
>>
>>10002230
>It is just namedropping a bunch of philosophers and empty rhetoric to me.
This. Her entire statement is nothing but trivial observations
>>
File: LejK3On.jpg (785KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
LejK3On.jpg
785KB, 1536x2048px
>>10002144
We really don't have much to say to each other
>>
>"Say something smart"
What defines 'smart'?
>>
I think the influence of Big Dave on /lit/ is underestimated.
I believe that Zizek is just Chomsky in a dark adult movie theater, and I truly believe, with Land, that technology is neat
>>
>>10002144
>I think the influence of Aristippus the Younger on Descartes is underestimated. I believe Rorty is just Kant in a dark mirror. And I truly believe, with Max Stirner, that you are my property
>>
>>10002239
I think did makes more sense than would there
>>
>I think the influence of Jews in society's downfall is underestimated. I believe YHWH is just the Demiurge in a lower Sefirot. And i truly believe, with Solomon, that vanity of vanity, all is vanity
>>
>>10002749

Interesting. Sounds a bit like Funny Ha Ha, which is actually good.
>>
>>10002144
Rousseau is just Hobbes in a faggot mirror, more like.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.