[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else started to feel dumber after 2-months self meddling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0907.jpg (132KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0907.jpg
132KB, 720x960px
Has anyone else started to feel dumber after 2-months self meddling? It's weird I am just really dumb now.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>8866264
Yeah, that tends to happen to a degree. On the bright side, you will probably notice you're less autistic about stiff, which is a great tradeoff imo
>>
>>8866264
Yeah, I feel dumber. But it wasn't until the 7 month mark.

That said I could also have a swollen pituitary gland or a brain tumor so...
>>
>>8866264
ya I feel dumb tbhon
>>
>>8866268
Just wondering; how do people feel dumber? And why? Because I don't want to feel dumber.
>>
>>8866268
"I'm too dumb but at least I'm not autistic"
>>
No, my grades improved after starting hrt. I'm more able to focus and work on school work now. Before I would put it off until the last night, then stay up all night barely doing it and taking frequent breaks. Now I get things started well ahead of time.
>>
are you saying that hrt lower intelligence ?
>>
>>8866276
I feel less autistic as I become more aware of social subjects

I feel dumber when I can't do something like bother checking my calendar for tomorrow's plans and just fucking uppppp
>>
>>8866276
Less drive to learn, slight brain fog, basically just a subtle atrophy and not an active loss of intelligence. If you tried to keep it up it wouldn't be too hard, you'll just feel disinclined to do so.

>>8866277
I'm dumb/er/, not actually dumb. I'm still smart enough that interacting with most people is annoying.
>>
Durr-a-derphuh I so dumby now haha xD *drools*
>>
>>8866345
Anon, that's not how the brain works I think. You might not actually be trans.

Or if you are trans, I honestly don't know. I myself have a brain fog because I'm trapped in a male body with a female brain.
>>
do you think you may just be experiencing depression? depression affects your brain like a learning disability
>>
>>8866345
>brain fog
S P I R O
>>
Women are dumb, so taking concentrated woman in hormone form makes you dumb. Not rocket science.
>>
>>8866358
I'm wayyyy past caring whether or not I'm actually trans. If a little brain fog and zero sex drive means I don't have to look like a man, I'm down for it. I've been on it for over two years now and have no plans ro quit. My orchiectomy is scheduled for next month.

It may very well be the case that there's a very specific neurophysiological response to hormones dependent upon whether you're trutrans or not, but I don't care, I'm doing fine as a woman.
>>
>>8866370
Is that something Spiro does?
>>
>>8866345
I mean not dumber. I feel like I am experiencing ADD symptoms and they're hurting my ability to perform
>>
>>8866408
Apparently spiro reduces your ability to concentrate or switch tasks. Its pretty much ADD in pill form
>>
>>8866408
Those are called emotion bro, you can't escape them as a girl
>>
>>8866358
>You might not actually be trans.
???
>>
>>8866408
That's interesting, because that's the sort of thing that diminished for me on hormones. It was actually a driving force for me intellectually, in spite of being highly impractical for accomplishing useful goals. Idk anon. Maybe the real lesson here is just that drugs are fickle things that can have variable effects on different people.
>>
>>8866264
what exactly are you taking? there are neurosteroids that need 5ar for example so taking finast can impair your cognitive function

there are also many other factors that can come into play mybe you are just not getting enough sleep or taking other meds like ADs?
>>
I kinda feel like I'm permanently high now. Just sorta disinterested in everything that isn't emotionally interesting. my brain just sort of stops caring now and lists more things as non priority. I dont feel stupid. It's more like I gained the ability to use my brains task manager and its sorts all the processes to low priority by default.

I feel I can go even harder autismo on things now though. Like I scold my bf for not considering the dogs feelings and notice when a magazine is facing the wrong way upside down on a table from the readers position on the couch like they threw it like a ninja star into the table or something and everyone is like WHY DOES IT MATTER

IT FUCKING MATTERS OKAY FUCK YOU
>>
>>8866432
I'm on lexapro 20 and bupropion XR 150. I also recently got into weed
>>
>>8866444
>I feel I can go even harder autismo on things now though. Like I scold my bf for not considering the dogs feelings

Good girl.
But if you go harder autismo on things then aren't those high priority tasks?
>>
>>8866532
>weed
Yeah, that's probably why.
>>
>>8866532
This >>8866558

Smoke rarely and sparingly, or you're gonna feel even dumber.
>>
>>8866558
>>8866571
Yeah that's what I worried about.
>>
>>8866408
>>8866414
>>8866417
>>8866426
This isn't just a meme, by the way. Spiro really does have ADD-like side effects:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17035932
Summary: >>8850714
>>
>>8866593
What are the areas of things that get impaired by spiro in women?
>>
>>8866615
I don't know. They didn't consider women in that study, and acknowledge that the results may be different for women:
>First, we only examined men to eliminate gender effects that are known to modulate experimentally induced panic, cognition, and HPA activity. Therefore, we do not know if our results are applicable to women as well.
>>
>>8866532
>lexapro AND bupropion

is bupropion supposed to offset the side effects for lexapro or what? taking SSRI alone could make you drowsy and negatively affect your memory and cognitive ability
adding weed on top of that might make it worse
>>
>>8866857
No. The bupe is just to kill some extra depression after I started the e

Totally legit meds tho, like from the pharmacy
>>
idk if ive always been this vapid or if it got more intense after starting hrt

idk

probably always

maybe i feel retarded because i ate the whole cookie last night and im idk

am i still high?
>>
I felt a slight decline in cognition after starting spiro, but this almost completely went away after I had an orchiectomy around 3 years into HRT.

IMO try cypro or get an orchi, spiro is garbage.
>>
Estrogen makes you more ditzy.
Enjoy being a woman.
>>
>>8868275
i dont want to believe this desu but i feel kinda more like eh you know

like i'd hate to think that women are inherently you know... like this? cuz estrogen makes you retarded

thats not the case tho right?

love my growing tits tho and hips
>>
>>8868281
Anon, your brain was already feminized before you got onto the hormones.

It's probably the weed.
>>
>>8868282
oh thats true ive been just overdosing on weed for the past month lmfao

what do you mean by already feminized tho
>>
>>8868286
When you get born as a transgender person, it's because the hormones that formed your brain fucked up and forgot to apply a lot of androgens.

It's probably why a lot of Trans people who go through the opposite puberty get real moody.
>>
>>8868288
i didnt get too moody tho

i mean sure before puberty id be all fucking excited for it and be like "oh shit maybe ill finally be more okay with myself" and i thought id grow boobs cuz it said boys might get boob growth or something (and yea when i was in the 6th grade or something the nurse was like how my breasts were a little swollen and i was like yeah well duh)

of course when body hair and stuff started to show up i was like NO! and i just got depressed and shit over it and etc.

the whole voice stuff and etc didnt really hit me until later and ofc yea i wanna die LMAO
>>
It's probably the spiro. I have an appointment on Wednesday so what should I ask him for?
>>
>>8866264
I don't know if it's depression or the PTSD or the HRT but after 3 years HRT i feel like i've forgotten a lot I've learned at uni or what I've learned with my apprenticeship... I also don't want to work in my field anymore, I want to help others :(

Feels good to flush everything down the drain
>>
>>8870595
That's literally just uni. Human brains aren't made to remember every piece of information they learn consciously, and the ones who have photographic memories are a bit weird.
>>
>>8870600
I agree; it's just that when I compare myself to others, especially former students, I feel incredibly stupid. Basic stuff you learn in the first semester is just hard for me now. Like, I got the basic idea about this and that but have no deeper knowledge about lots of stuff. I'm afraid the new job I'm taking will be too hard, I won't know anything and when people ask me simple stuff I couldn't even answer it :(

Oh well.
>>
>>8870595
Help others how?
>>
Does this really happen? The only thing I have going for me is being smart would suck if I lost that.
>>
>>8871468
Job-wise. I mentioned that I didn't want to work in my field anymore within the same sentence.
>>
>>8871643
But what kind of job? Like help medically or as a counselor or what?
>>
>>8871720
I don't know.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.