[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people deal with being /lgbt/ and physically undesirable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: z3qe.png (934KB, 1073x1271px) Image search: [Google]
z3qe.png
934KB, 1073x1271px
How do people deal with being /lgbt/ and physically undesirable?

Everyone I meet online seems to be really nice to me until they find out what I look like. I'll hear obvious lies where they tell me I sound cute the way I type or I 'seem perfect'. Then either they stop talking to me, or just block me instantly.

It really feels like I'm going to end up alone. Is the solution to find someone willing to have an online relationship with me, where they never get to see what I look like?
>>
File: 1504530715948.png (123KB, 629x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1504530715948.png
123KB, 629x1173px
>>8858802

I had just written my sexuality off as a loss and cast it off. Instead, I became heavily invested emotionally in pursuing a dream. And it made me very happy. Now I have trouble with my knees that I think may make my dream impossible, and other work more difficult. Now I'm listless and embittered again.
>>
>>8858840
Repressing only seems to make things worse
>>
>>8858802
>Is the solution to find someone willing to have an online relationship with me, where they never get to see what I look like?
God. No. That's unhealthy as fuck. Really, just be clean and try to find your style. You will find someone someday.
You see extremely ugly people with bf/gf outside every single day.
>>
Work on your appearance. Not small steps, I mean dedicate a serious amount of time into bettering your appearance, make it your number one priority
>>
File: IMG_20170914_023230_020.jpg (330KB, 1300x1168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170914_023230_020.jpg
330KB, 1300x1168px
>>8862516

I wasn't repressing my sexuality and I was still on HRT though. I just recognized my sexuality as unfulfillable and turned my mind to something I could have that made me feel good instead of moping about being a sexual non-entity. I mean really, all I get are gay men and straight women. Yuck. I was at BJ's getting groceries a few weeks ago and I saw this gay-looking Hispanic twink a few years younger than I am, maybe he was even still in high school, looking at me hopefully. I just rolled my eyes and turned the other fucking way. If it's not a straight man or maybe a lesbian, I could not bother to give a fuck. I contented myself with masturbation. That, combined with my enthusiasm for reaching my dream made it easy to accept my situation. If I had a nice, romantic thought, I didn't chase it away like repressors do, I savored it.

Then my plans fell apart. My knees, if this issue is permanent, have ended any hope of achieving my aspiration, and it will make mundane jobs and certain activities difficult. Robbed of transitioning, my dream, and the free use of my legs, I am very unhappy. My body keeps failing me. This was the only time I ever knew the answer to, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" And it's gone.

Experience says to move on and find a new passion, but what the fuck is that going to be with busted knees?
>>
>>8858802
anything online is 100 time more vapid than anything IRL. in the real world you can build friendships and connections without your looks getting in the way and that can lead to relationships with people who build an attraction to who you are.

Online someone can block you in a second and never have to talk to you again if they don't like how you look, because its harder for them to see you as a real person with feelings. There's been multiple articles about this.

just stick to making friends and join a hobby group irl and stop sinking further into an online life.
>>
>>8863278
>You will find someone someday.
Not necessarily. Plenty of people never find love. After observation of many ugly couples it seems the vast majority are only together out of fear of loneliness. That is not a future to live for.
>>
>>8863278
>You see extremely ugly people with bf/gf outside every single day

Because attraction is partly physical, partly mental. If you're as ugly mentally as you are physically, you will never find a partner. Stop giving people false hope, it's cruel.
>>
>>8863955
Something else to factor in is that many of these couples aren't attracted to each other at all. They settled for what is available.
>>
>>8863959
I think there are two types of ugly. Normal ugly people end up in unsatisfying long-term relationships with other ugly people. Ugly people with mental problems (ranging from chronically low self-esteem to dysmorphia to psychosis) never find anyone because they can't even settle, their dating pool is an empty set. Both are at basically the same level of misery, so it's no good pointing out the first type to the second type and saying "See? You can get laid too!"
>>
>>8863968
Really,it is just like telling someone to try dating older, fatter people so you won't be rejected.
>>
>>8858802
>Then either they stop talking to me, or just block me instantly.
this evokes such feels in me anon
i hope you find someone who likes you ;-;
>>
>>8866846
Why do people always say this? Nobody will like me, and you're not helping at all.
>>
>>8867452
how am i supposed to help?
i just posted some words of compassion for a fellow uggo anon...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.