[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>lfietime of agony and pain from growing up in a devout christian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: i want to die.png (1MB, 1080x1288px) Image search: [Google]
i want to die.png
1MB, 1080x1288px
>lfietime of agony and pain from growing up in a devout christian household

How do I overcome the shame and self-hatred and allow myself to transition? How do I become free?
>>
>>8850724
Get it into your head that: God loves you, your still his child, and that pleasing him isnt the same as falling in line with the conservative church. I grew up in a home like yours, this is the passage that keeps me going.

Isaiah 56:4-5New English Translation (NET Bible)

4 For this is what the Lord says:
“For the eunuchs who observe my Sabbaths
and choose what pleases me
and are faithful to my covenant,
5 I will set up within my temple and my walls a monument
that will be better than sons and daughters.
I will set up a permanent monument for them that will remain.
>>
>>8850724
As odd as it sounds the way out is probably through your up bringing. Come to terms with your identity within your religious framework, that's what really helped me. I don't think it's possible to be rid of whatever is in your conscience, shit that happens to you when you are young has life long consequences psychologically. It's better to understand why it is making you feel shame and self-hate. In particular Jordan Peterson's lectures on YouTube really helped me.

>>8850779
I like this
>>
File: imagesXEOU1TXV.jpg (8KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
imagesXEOU1TXV.jpg
8KB, 246x205px
Become muslim
>>
>>8850724
I can tell you this.
There's many logical reasons not to transition beyond christianity.

Don't trap yourself.

Transition has no long-term proven benefits.
>>
>>8850779
>wake up to see my thread
>see this

God does not exist, and if he does exist he is the most evil being that could possibly exist.

I'm not a fucking eunach, being trans is not the same as being a eunach.
>>
>>8850724
It's bad enough letting your own spooks ruin your life, don't let other peoples spooks ruin your life
>>
>>8851766
I dont agree with you on both pints about God not existing or Him being evil. Im sorry that you've been so hurt. Why do you think he's evil?

>being trans is not the same as being a eunach
You're right, its not. but culturally its the closest thing we can relate the modern concept of "trans" to in the bible.
>>
>>8850779

What does it even mean to be faithful to the covenant?

>>8851766

Why do you keep spelling eunuch that way?

Anyway, I'm glad to see you don't believe in that crap at least anymore, anon. It sucks to wake up from the lies to a nightmare.
>>
>>8854544

That's an interesting question. A "Covenant" is like an agreement. Its an ancient form of multi-party promise. So basically it breaks down to: 1, hang out with me on the Sabbath, 2 do the things I think are good to do, 3, keep me as your god. Its really interesting that numbers 2 and 3 get broken into their own separate groups, showing that you can please God without regarding him as your god, and vice-versa.

I've always made sense of what he's saying in context. So the verse is taken from Isaiah, who is like one of the big Prophet/voice of God people in the bible, right? And the reason this verse is so crazy is because eunuch's weren't allowed into Hebrew community because the they believed that the Ur commandment from God was "be fruitful and multiply", which eunuch's couldn't do. side note: That's why there's so much angst about having kids in the bible. So when Isaiah say's eunuchs can in fact be part of the covenant, he's talking about something more then just simply following the "rules". It makes me think its an older way of talking about being personally invested in God in a relational sense.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.