[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lgbt/ I'm trying to get a therapist to help me with my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1499327045503 (1).jpg (209KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1499327045503 (1).jpg
209KB, 750x1334px
/lgbt/

I'm trying to get a therapist to help me with my general mental problems, anxiety, stress, etc

I'm MTF and a lot of my issues stem around being MTF

However, I don't think of myself as a female or a woman, i'm more of just a girly boy who uses the girl's bathroom and doesn't care when people say "she" and has F on their ID. (Much less traumatic and humiliating than doing otherwise)

and I hold a lot of contempt and critical beliefs about transgenderism or left-wing social ideas and perspectives.

What kind of therapist should I get? I kind of want a conservative therapist who won't feed me bullshit, but i'm not completely sure what I want.

Should I get a therapist who is trained in LGBT issues? Should I not? Would maybe having a male LGBT therapist be better? I find that female therapists just feed me bullshit and pretend to care about me.
>>
>>8849107
>However, I don't think of myself as a female or a woman, i'm more of just a girly boy
Why do you see yourself as a boy rather than a girl?
>>
>>8849142
I see myself as a "girl"
>>
>>8849142
>>8849191
Let's try to remember what this thread is for though please, If I had more self control I would of omitted that part.
>>
>>8849142
Socially, i'm a girl. In every other way, i'm a boy. I 'serve the role' of a "girl" / >girl
girl(male)
Does that make sense?

Now what kind of therapist should I get?
>>
>>8849191
What do you mean?

>>8849203
Ok, your thoughts on a male therapist are wise from all the stories about being fed bullshit by female professionals. What are your doubts about a conservative therapist?
>>
>>8849213
My doubts about a conservative therapist is that they'll take my feelings about my gender and consider it some kind of 'half assed confusion' and try to tell me to detransition,

or they'll just be very unempathetic about my LGBT-related life and feelings and somehow they will make it ALL be about "transgender people are actually mentally ill ok so vote republican and change your name to CHAD"
>>
>>8849232
Test out different therapists to make sure you get one who isn't like that or go for a more moderate conservative or an apolitical one.
>>
File: MANIA.gif (622KB, 499x310px) Image search: [Google]
MANIA.gif
622KB, 499x310px
>>8849211
Let me just preface by saying this, you are fucking adorable.

Now that is out of the way I suggest getting a male LGBT therapist. If anything he would most likely have dealt with alot of things that you have. Plus, women and men think differently so what would work for a girl might not work for you. Kinda like this Trans girl i know that after starting hormones have made her more emotional and has more crying sessions than before.

Idk that's just my thoughts. I have been to therapists before, but not for issues stemming from my sexuality. I went cause for the longest time my mom thought I was schizo. Come to find out I'm just crazy. Lol
>>
File: daddyless.jpg (2MB, 3248x2576px) Image search: [Google]
daddyless.jpg
2MB, 3248x2576px
>>8849245
That pic isn't me, I just picked it because I wanted to counter the general intensity of my original post so people wouldn't be too mean to me and would really just level with me to help me out. I am pretty cute myself tho (pic related)

Well I don't know if hormones have made me more emotional, my life has just happened to get harder as I became an adult lol.

I suppose a boy would know what it was like to grow up as a boy, that makes sense. Really, to be honest, I just really like men better than women. I have a lot of contempt for like, women and stuff. Men make me feel better but I wouldn't want a therapist to just tell me "man up, son" because i'm really complex and I need them to listen.
>>
>>8849239
Well I suppose I could just try them out, that's what I'm gonna have to do at the end of the day. Don't like one, gonna have to find a different one. I'm trying to avoid the hassle because i'm really poor and get healthcare through the state so I don't really know how medical stuff works and Idk i don't wanna pay too much money
>>
>>8849284
If you want a conservative one I can't think of any other way to single out the right ones. Maybe reviews, seeing what they say on the websites, even just googling their names.

But going for a less conservative one would avoid that altogether, at the cost of losing out of some of what you want from a conservative one and the risk of them being more left-wing.
>>
File: 1475212846391.gif (146KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
1475212846391.gif
146KB, 300x375px
>>8849280
So if this new pic is you, then you are still adorable.

I highly doubt a therapist will say man up, especially after you tell them your situation. They are professionals and if they say something like that they would know they very well could lose your business.

This ice cream is freezer burnt. Just curious what is it mainly anxiety with you?
>>
>>8849107
Therapy is a complete crapshoot. Good luck.
>>
>>8849107
You look like Bradley Manning, and look how he turned out.
>>
>>8849280

mmmm nothing hotter than a t-girl with small feet.
>>
>>8849326
Idk it's getting kinda tense in here I don't really wanna open up too much about my feelings, that's for when I get my therapist.
>>
>>8849351
why not open up a little?
just having people "listen" and rabbling up what's bothering you is therapy on its own
dont need a trained "therapist" for that (though they help by asking good questions hopefully)
>>
File: 1476001591930.gif (2MB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476001591930.gif
2MB, 550x400px
>>8849351
Its all good, just curious. This is the internet, you can be whatever you want to be here, not like in real life.

However it is good you are wanting to get some help. Not alot of people have the courage to do so. I have just decided to figure out things on my own. It helps I read psychology for fun. It just takes me longer. I'm going the route of doing it on my own cause I like to think of myself as a stereotypical man. It limits me, but at least I can figure things out as I go along.

Good luck though. Its great that you do want to work out issues instead of suppress them. I tried that and it just lead to more self harm.
>>
>>8849379
No I definitely have mental health problems that I definitely need help for. They cause me emotional distress but they are without a doubt there.

>>8849396
Well I've BEEN wanting to get help it's just really difficult to make it work because everything is really confusing and exhausting. This isn't something I can just keep working out on my own, I have the smarts to admit that I don't have that strength.
>>
>>8849351
>>8849416
I'd like to hear your MTF related issues because I've got critical beliefs about transgender ideas too.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.