[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am beginning to notice a pattern with my gender dysphoria.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 14045313281.jpg (24KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
14045313281.jpg
24KB, 429x410px
Am beginning to notice a pattern with my gender dysphoria.

Unfortunately, despite it appearing to disappear to low levels, now it seems to be coming back.

I detransitioned over 2 years ago. My life was in a wreck and I questioned the legitimacy of me needing to take hormones. I decided to detransition.

Two years later I find myself kinda of self medding again in order deal with elevated levels of it. Funny thing as I was close to getting a blocker or estrogen prescription again by my GP, I said no. During that time I was on blockers. 3 months after I stopped taking blockers my dysphoria came back.
>>
>>8847496
I honestly think this has to do with my hormone levels. The lower hormones I have the less dysphoria I have. My gender dysphoria or gender identity disorder didn't appear till late in puberty. My levels were 450-500/800. After I took blockers and hormones, it dropped to ground zero and GID or gender dysphoria disappeared to the point where it seemed I never had it.
>>
>>8847515
This is the smoking gun to make me believe that is NEROLOGICAL more than psychological. Before when I wasn't taking anything I was getting more miserable. It was a challenge to deal to with, signified by the feeling I felt after I went on blockers again.

This thing needs to be studied in a proper light. But the way trans activism is going it doesn't seem we'll get near that soon.
>>
bumping the thread.

I think am on to something.
>>
>>8847645
http://www.avitale.com/TNote15Testosterone.htm
>>
This is known and commonly reported, that testosterone increases dysphoria while HRT lessens it.

The same thing happened to me. HRT cured my dysphoria so I thought I no longer needed to transtion and went off it. Testosterone came back, then so did my dysphoria.

>>8847738
was about to post this
>>
>>8847738
>>8847751

I think the key to doing a legit study on this is the interview the de-transitioners. It will be impossible to do a double blind study because of "ethical reasons" but those who de- transitioned and may or may not go back seems possible.

More long term studies is desperately needed this is beyond being gender nonbinary or being transgender, this is a medical condition.
>>
>>8847515
it correlates with puberty since teens rapidly undergo sexual development

did you experience high anxiety?
were you just on GNRH blockers with no E?
>>
>>8847998
>did you experience high anxiety?

Y-Yes, why?
>>
>be diabetic
>feel like absolute shit
>take insulin and feel better
>oh I feel better now I don't need this retarded insulin!
>stop taking insulin and feel like absolute shit again
>>
>>8847998
>GNRH blockers with no E?

I was on the regular spiro + estradiol. Then later I dropped the spiro and just took E and it still kept it to near nothing.
>>
File: 2017-09-05_01-40-00 1565 x 648.jpg (244KB, 1565x648px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-05_01-40-00 1565 x 648.jpg
244KB, 1565x648px
>>8847738
this is some crap
>enzyme aromatase becomes active and temporarily converts testosterone into estradiol forcing a strong desire to dress and live, even if only temporarily, as a woman.

Aromatization of T to E is active in all healthy men and estradiol gives none of "strong desire to dress and live, as a woman": to men
and neither does taking Estradiol - rather we can hear the ^opposite^ stories (like OP) of people becoming less interested in transition after starting HRT
(in b4 it was all AGP sexuality fueled by T)

T (ie converted to Androsterone and via many other actions) decreases anxiety in both men and women, and lower levels of T result in higher anxiety
quick search will give you many articles like https://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/low-testosterone-linked-to-anxiety.htm
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946856/
>Testosterone has anxiolytic and antidepressant effects in women, men, and animals.

So the theory of "female" trans brains having necrological negative (like anxiety and higher dysphoria) reaction to T is bunk too

Estrogen is also known to have antidepressant and anxiolytic effects that together with placebo effect (from *knowing* you are on yout way to what you most want in life) could explain HRT making some MtFs feel better.
>injection of estradiol into the amygdala of ovariectomized female rats decreased anxiety-like behavior [...] compared to sham-operated controls

It's certainly understudied overall so its hard to reason exactly why and we can only speculate.
And I can confirm myself that getting on E made me feel better before any physical changes.
But there are also plenty of transgirls who dont feel that way (but then again its impossible to rule other factors like AAs or already existing chronic depression), And we lack cis-men control groups.

>>8847751
any legit sources? enough MTFs go manup route and roid too so...

>>8848067
very common, and should be even more likely if you had low level of T
>>
>>8848338
>very common, and should be even more likely if you had low level of T

To clarify, this was was I was first diagnosed with GID. My anxiety levels were up, but that could be because of the stress of my feeling my body wasn't matching.

My anxiety was slightly higher on lower T levels and estrogen made me feel it more, along with other feelings.
>>
>>8848409
>this was was I was

this was when* lol
>>
>>8848409
so you say your anxiety only got worse on HRT?
>>
>>8848474
Slightly in terms of sensitivity. It didn't help that I hardly had any testosterone.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.