[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do homosexuals feel towards religion, which generally dismisses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 14

File: 1504549585387[1].jpg (99KB, 508x657px) Image search: [Google]
1504549585387[1].jpg
99KB, 508x657px
How do homosexuals feel towards religion, which generally dismisses them as subhuman?
>>
>>8819256
the whole gay=fedora tipping militant atheist thing is just a meme. There are alot of religious gay people
>>
>>8819256
It's all bullshit made up to control the masses anyway
>>
>>8819256
I wouldn't bat an eye when Neo-Hitler deports them,
>>
>>8819256
Religion is not the problem; the people who use religion as a means of creating scapegoats are. That said, the bad apple spoils the bunch, and many bunches will need to be thrown out.
>>
>>8819256
This comic is the worst thing I've seen in awhile.
>>
>>8819256
Religion is the cause of all the problems in the world.
>>
It's the enemy.
And you deal with enemies by brutally crushing them.
>>
>>8819256
Just remember that god created men in his own image but created women from a rib of a man. Mathematically women are 1/206th a person or 0.48% of a person
Gays cant be more subhuman than women
>>
pretty meh on most of them frankly, can even see the positives. there's just one in particular that needs eradicating
>>
It's the cause of so much war and hate on the planet but at the end of the day even without it, people would still find some other dumb reason to kill eachother so I can't really be too mad at religion itself when the real problem is human nature.
>>
>>8819256
Used to be religious, prayer didn't make me straight >:-(
People should be allowed to believe whatever really I don't lose my shit that there are people out there who don't like gays, you'll never get on with everyone
>>
>>8819256
Religion is for simple minded, easily manipulated people. It should be eradicated for the better of the human race.
>>
I would have less gripes about religion if it were relegated to being just about building community, but unfortunately it's also designed to brainwash people (at least when it's functioning properly).

And worst of all, the most common popular religions nowadays all believe that anything other than consensual heterosexual sex in the missionary position without a condom after marriage is the only valid way to have sex, and everyone who does something different is a devil worshipper.
>>
>>8820048
Agree. People who say without religion there'd be no war are delusional, plenty of wars over resources.
>>
>>8819910
this comic is impressively bad
>>
File: A common mistake for beginners.png (140KB, 354x378px) Image search: [Google]
A common mistake for beginners.png
140KB, 354x378px
>>8819256

Most religions that have persisted into modern times all have a set of rules and structures that are generally good for the maintenance of civilization and progenity of the species.

IE: The entire convention of marriage to curb hypergamy. Even in the case of polygamy or a harem structure, hypergamy is kept in check by alpha patriarchs and positions like eunuchs (betas) are held in high esteem for their usefulness.

Chucking fags off of rooftops is just one of those things that keeps civilization in balance and trending towards genetic success instead of dead ends.
>>
An archaic social practice invented to allay people's fear of death and provide unquestionable rules for organization social relations.

There is some good in religion but all of them are shams and none of them are true.
>>
>>8819407
>There are alot of religious gay people

And they're all pathetic idiots with unprecedented levels of cognitive dissonance.

>tips fedora
>>
File: 1503865108611.jpg (39KB, 500x757px) Image search: [Google]
1503865108611.jpg
39KB, 500x757px
>>8820613
This is a garbage argument considering the different non-monogamous mating habits of tons of other species that aren't genetic dead ends (as in most mammals). Also, gays are a net good for society because they provide an extra workforce for the society that isn't weighed down by children and provide a pool of childrenless couples who can adopt orphans.

The reason religion has survived so long is because people are scared and ignorant, they need some sense of security and natural order in the world, and rulers discovered that this can come from the fairytales they're being told as a way to control them. This is why all surviving religions support obedience, crush uniqueness, and seek to maintain conformity among their followers. Religion is meant to appeal to the common people by validating their natural inclinations that simplicity, safety, and conformity is good and that what they feel is right is objectively right.
>>
>>8820865

>Species
>Civilization

I don't think you read the operative words there anon. Show me one other civilization built and kept in lawful order by another species and I'll hear you out. Until then, we don't operate on rules identical to bonobos or fucking dolphins.

Factor in the degeneracy quotient to your little equation on gays being a net positive and get back to me. Rampant and unabetted homosexuality goes hand in hand with the collapse of civilizations and the fall of empires.
>>
File: 1402560711684.gif (338KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1402560711684.gif
338KB, 300x200px
>>8819256
Not a fan. Any gays that say they are just twists the words of the bible.
>>
File: fedorable.jpg (86KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fedorable.jpg
86KB, 576x1024px
>>8819256
I dismiss religion as subhuman.
Ignorant retards who were bored out of their minds and wrote up a bunch of fan fiction to justify their existence and their prejudices, then killing and dying in a holy LARP-fest through all of recorded time to determine which fandom was GOAT.
It's pretty sad and cringy when you read about all the bloody horrible wars, collapses of great nations, mass murders/genocides, and barbaric tortures that have happened because one group didn't fully agree with the minutia of another groups interpretation of what is in it's very essence, complete and utter fucking retarded autistic bullshit.
The resemblance between those subhumans and the subhumans on tumblr arguing about cartoon characters being gay/trans/autistic is fascinating.
>>
>>8820960
The human species built a civilization that includes orgies, homos, and all kinds of degenerate fetishes.
In fact today its as wealthy as it has ever been, and as degenerate as it has ever been.
>>
>>8820099
>t. Fedoratheist
>>
>>8819256
Abrahamic religions are dogshit. Pagan and polytheistic religions are cool though
>>
>>8822127
>he must be wrong, he wears unfashionable clothing!

Even if the whole "fedora tipper" stereotype is true (which 99.9% of the time it isn't), it doesn't actually invalidate any atheist arguments. So why bring it up?
>>
>>8819256
I don't get what the counter argument is supposed to be here?
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 382x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 382x750px
>ITT: fedoralords who are upset because people are happy with religion and they arent
So pathetic
>>
The tl;dr explanation:
> There is a lot more acceptance in many religions, especially Christianity, for gays.
>Only the crazy right wing churches hate gays anymore.
>Some people might be agnostic Jews or Unitarian Universalists, both allow gays

Tbqh senpai church is a comfy space to unwind in for an hour of hearing inspiring sermons. Gives me a nice feeling throughout the rest of the week, and I genuinely look forward to every Sunday now because it feels very... Productive. A lot of what I think about at church has some small significance in my life, and if I ever get married or scarier someone dies in my family, then I know my church is there celebrating and grieving alongside me respectively. Not many communities do that now.
>>
>>8819256
Religion should be a one way ticket into the oven.
>>
>>8822141
>lgbt are upset to the religion that ostracize them
fix'd
>>
>>8819256
Kill every last one of them.
Leave no survivors.
No exceptions.
>>
>>8822432
You need to see the messiah of polgb
He only pops up in gay hate threads and extolls truths about christianity.
>>
>>8822561
He's also gay and speaks the evils of women
>>
Religion =/= all Abrahamic religions. I'm a polytheist/pagan, and those religions typically do not deny homosexuals and more often than not, have myths of male gods falling in love with mortal men.
>>
>>8822571
What part of "kill them all no exceptions" don't you understand?
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 1024x668px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 1024x668px
>>8822595
Ban polack closetfags
>>
>>8822602
You are just mad.
>>
>>8822618
No, you're a faggot who shills a discord full of pedophiles
>>
File: image.jpg (339KB, 1687x890px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
339KB, 1687x890px
>>8822625
Why would i be mad when there's nothing wrong with gay people
>>
>>8822632
Because I would burn you at the stake regardless of your religious lies.

When I say "kill them all no exceptions" I actually mean no exceptions.
>>
>>8822642
>t. Angry fatass
>>
>>8822649
>t. angry believer
I'll reserve a special place in the oven for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 142x167px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 142x167px
>>8822652
>angry believer
>implying
>>
>>8822662
Don't backpedal now you religious swine.
You're gonna get into the oven whether you like it or not.
>>
>>8820613
>dead ends
So toss off all celibate straights as well, or any not willing to raise a child.
>>
File: ftfy4.jpg (207KB, 900x509px) Image search: [Google]
ftfy4.jpg
207KB, 900x509px
>>8822662
>
>>
"Religion" isn't a single thing, there are tons of religions with various stances towards homosexuality and homosexual behavior.

I'm bisexual and religious and I know gay religious people too, as well as gay fedora dudes and everyone in between. Its not really relevant.
>>
>>8822684
>>8822652
typical stormfag IOU for an asskicking in twenty years

>implying a pasty faced lanklet can shove his own stool into the crematorium
>>
>>8823714
>wanting to burn religious savages
>stormfaggot
Since when?
>>
>>8823727

Uh genociding people based on religion sounds awful like stormfaggotry to me?
>>
>>8823743
Well you don't know shit.
Stormfaggotry is mosty christian and pagan.

Also genocide?
You're accusing me of wanting to commit genocide?
That's childish.
>>
File: church destruction.jpg (81KB, 1024x856px) Image search: [Google]
church destruction.jpg
81KB, 1024x856px
>How do homosexuals feel towards religion
Personally, I feel the same way religious folk feel about homosexuals.
>>
>>8819256
Depend if the religion. I'm more preoccupied by the faithfuls.
>>
>this thread

Did a Christian pissed in your cereal this morning? Or where you guys forced to go to Church on Sundays?
>>
File: hitler gas.jpg (22KB, 682x515px) Image search: [Google]
hitler gas.jpg
22KB, 682x515px
>>8819256
GENOCIDE
>>
I think a lot of animosity and stupidity surrounding religion, and particularly the Christian religion has to do with only a cursory understanding of it.
All of the tolerance and freedom we enjoy today is a direct descendant of Christian thought. (read Aquinas and Augustine) There thoughts on Christ and Christianity shaped it heavily.Most Christians have not looked into it this far either, which is why there are so many of them that don't get it.
I am not religious and did not grow up religious in anyway, but I definitely think I gained a lot from studying Christianity and not just outright rejecting and hating it. There are to very important ideas that lead to the free world that come from it.
1. There is a divinity to man, something of God in him.
2. Salvation is a personal endeavour.

These 2 ideas lead to the concept of the individual and that that individual has volitional consciousness some what like God, he can know good and evil. You don't get a society that has any concept of rights with out this foundation. It did not have to be a religious foundation, but it was and at least for that we can appreciate Christianity.
>>
>>8824399
Oh that's right - I forgot that fundamental christian thought is pure, loving, and benevolent when it comes to LGBT issues. And it's not like it has any strength in the world today in terms of global policy or culture. Why would anyone have the right to be upset about it? Thank you for opening my eyes, anon.
>>
>>8824545

Did your family disown you anon?
>>
>>8824557
I just explained the concepts that had a huge part of why we have rights in the first place. it is the foundation.
>>
>>8824557

Hey Varg, whatcha doing?!
>>
>>8824549
Nope - my dad was non-religious and my mom was Episcopalian (first Christian denomination to ordain an openly gay bishop). They both accepted me with open arms, along with the rest of my family.

Fortunately, I have empathy, and I'm able to see injustice when it happens to other people and form opinions and beliefs based on that. Just because my life hasn't been personally made shit by fundamentally religious people doesn't mean it doesn't happen to countless other LGBT folk out there. Unlike some people, I care about how others are treated and don't wait to react until shit happens to me personally.
>>
>>8824557
this
the very man who created computers that these fucking inbred religious shills push their shit on, was vehemently anti-religion especially christianity as they turned their backs on him
what good is "foundations of freedom" these xtians keep shitting themselves about when you're going to torture a man until he kills himself for not being straight? fucking cunts
>>
>>8823756
>stormfaggotry
>Christian

lol go back to your esoteric aryanism and theosophy circlejerks, you're about as far away from Christendom as can possibly be even if your leader didn't praise Mohammadism. (inb4 hitler isn't muh leader! it's le unique snowflake choice like rohm instead!!!! PAY ATTENTION TO MEEE!!!)
>>
>>8819256
people on all sides over simplify religion
religion is not science and it is not all history, although a lot of it is historic
religion is philosophy, which science by its own nature does not concern itself with

both the fundie religious people and the fundie atheists think religion is the same as science

not all religions are the same either
islam is a cancer on this earth for example and christianity founded the greatest civilization on earth, even if you are a resentful little faggot who thinks that just because 100% of people don't celebrate your existence you're somehow oppressed like jews in nazi germany
>>
>>8824597
bravo
the most retarded comment on all of 4chan
>>
>>8824599

bravo
the most ironic comment on all of 4chan
>>
>>8824571
Christian thought was NOT the "fondation" of tolerance as we know it. That's absolute nonsense. The concept of tolerance was around long before Christianity, and can be found in several cultures throughout history who were untouched by Christianity. Tolerance is a byproduct of empathy, which evolved in our brains over millions of years because it helped us to survive. That's why it's ubiquitous in several forms from cultures all over the world.
>>
>>8824605
thats not what irony is~
>>
>>8824597
Most militant atheist types dismiss philosophy altogether in favor of scientism. Religion is just the focus of their tirades.
>>
>>8824577
Go read it, you don't have to believe me.
>>
>>8824604
lol is it impossible there to be two extremes? is it impossible that you might be on one of those extremes?

>>8824611
>say something is stupid
>be stupid yourself
nah that is irony bucko

>>8824614
and they're retarded for doing so. you cannot derive an ought from an is
>>
>>8824617
>she thinks Sam Harris didn't BTFO hume
>>
>>8824619
I don't even know what hume is supposed to mean
>>
>>8824617
>you cannot derive an ought from an is
All oughts are ultimately derived from is. Are you retarded?
>>
>>8824622
>cites hume's guillotine without knowing who hume is
>>
>>8824623
does a field tell you how to walk through it?
also lol at how easily triggered you guys are, I have never experienced so much instant disagreement anywhere else on the internet
>>
>>8824626
Ah, the Christian pedo spammer. Pleasure to greet you again as you waste another day in a place you hate.
>>
>>8824617
>>say something is stupid
>>be stupid yourself
>nah that is irony bucko
lmao doubling down, hurpaderpa im just pretending to be inbred for the (You)s!!
>>
>>8824630
>doesn't make arguments, just says "someone else already debunked you, geez"
not convinced, homo
>>
>>8824640
>brings up philosophical laws without even having read them
>surprised when corrected

Keep digging that hole pop philosophy.
>>
>>8824633
>does a field tell you how to walk through it?

No, but if a field IS there, and you need to get through it, you OUGHT to walk through it.

Your feeble grasp of freshmen philosophy is shit. Fuck off with that retardation.
>>
Religion is shit, spirituality is great.
>>
>>8824641
do you have an argument?

>>8824642
your value system determines how you walk through it, not the fact that the field exists. Also I don't know why you're so pissed off
>>
>>8824645
Enjoy resetting that router again.
>>
>>8824647
What Alan Turing believed too, so you're in good company.
>>
>>8824648
>your value system determines how you walk through it

And how does one obtain a value system? By observing what IS. There you go. An ought through an is. I'm pissed because idiots like you exist.
>>
>>8824655
>implying values aren't internally generated through autistic thinking
>>
>>8824655
>by observing what IS
can you explain that process with more detail? from what I can tell people have feelings and inborn drives like survival, do people observe that they are hungry and reason that they need food? do animals?
>>
>>8824654
>worships the only gay who ever invented anything
>claims to not be religious
lol
>>
>>8824666
>implying "God" isn't just an observation of nature with the gaps stuffed in with a higher power

How prove "god" to a Christian: field a mathematical problem he can't solve.
>>
>>8824626
You don't have to agree with everything an author has to say but there is always something to be gleaned from them that can be important.
>>
>>8824670
>God as I've defined it is just x y z, how could you believe something so ridiculous?
it's possible that if your own analysis sounds stupid then you got something wrong
>>
Repent of your sins sodomites! God's wrath will come upon you if you don't give up this wicked lifestyle!
>>
>>8824668
>diminishing his invention
>claiming ownership over worship (which apparently is mentioning a dude on an imageboard)
Did you forget your meds this morning? Friendly reminder without him you wouldn't be here :)
>>
>>8824685
>diminishing
how did I do that?

>claiming ownership over worship
how did I do that?
>>
>>8824693
see >>8824668
>>
>>8824696
not an argument
you guys really have a problem with thinking on here, don't you? lol
>>
>>8824683
>>8824676
Angry god of the gaps autists mad because I just BTFO four thousand years worth of collective "thought".

Enjoy worshiping statistical anomalies for life.
>>
>>8824710
>angry god of the gaps autists
I just don't think Christianity deserves the hatred it gets, especially from gays who are living in the greatest civilization in history to be gay in, which is a product of Christianity no matter how much you hate to admit it

I'm not even a believer, it's funny how you try to dismiss with labels instead of providing an argument though, lol
>>
>>8824718
>I'm not Christian! Just a reminder we're right and we gave you everything through virtue ethics (actually a product of Platonic philosophy which Christian thinkers stole but w/e)! Honest!

God of the gaps autists will be autistic. Enjoy worshiping statistical anomalies.
>>
>>8824721
that's still not an argument
here's your (You)
>>
>>8824732
You need an argument to counter in the first place. Enjoy worshiping statistical anomalies with the delusion that it gave you ethics when in reality it was a bunch of Ancient Greek ephebophiles.
>>
>>8824691
How could you possibly call me a pedophile?
>>
>>8824737
where do values come from? can you derive an ought from an is? that's what the conversation was about, but all I got in response what insults and now "you didn't say anything!"

I'm noticing a pattern here, you guys would rather dismiss than think
>>
>>8824668
>hey, alan turing probably agreed with you
>HURR UR WORSHIPPING ALAN TURING NOW
>Alan Turing is the only gay man to have invented anything
Were you lobotomized?
>>
>>8824750
>thinking it's relevant what alan turing thought about religion when his expertise was computers
nah you worship him
>>
>>8820630
being an athiest doesnt spare anyone of cognitive dissonance you moron. infact the main reason religion exists in the first place is that man made it up out of their ass. it wasnt some idea oppressed down to us by rulers, we wanted religion from the start, we want to belive that bullshit and blaming the religion for causing it is like blaming the shit itself for being on your carpet. someones doing the shitting don so whos doing the shitting?
>>
>>8820613
>chucking gays off buildings is helpful
no you moron it encourages gays to become hidden from you so you get to throw maybe one or two off a building sometime to think your helping while thousands more have children and wed spredding our gay genes to pretend to be straight so you dont kill us.
>>
>>8824608
this.
>>
>>8824662
dude shut the fuck up hes not wrong, though i have no idea why it matters if hes trying to prove god exists or not through that kind of bullshit, something IS has to be the cause of anything when considering a physical object is responsible for our ability to ought at all. its common sense
>>
>>8824784
but the object does not tell you what to do
that is the point
you cannot derive morality from science alone
also "shut the fuck up" lol you guys are so hostile
>>
>>8824793
yes it fucking does, in the same way the object can tell you to eat or fart it can tell you what you ought to do. weather or not this ought is valueable is set up by random internal and external variables. even pidgeons can develop superstition so its no surprise human beings decided that certain oughts where supernatural but theyre definately arising from a structure of a mind that predetermines things for you.

and yes, you can derive morality from science alone you fucking moron. the whole point of science and non religion based morality is we accept that it is not universal morality, ergo, since it only has to work in certain situations and never has to be perfect, it can certainly be informed by science and materialism
>>
>>8824599
how dare he insult the liberal sacred cow of islam, he must be retarded
>>
Can we all please stop pretending that the catholic church welcomes gays, let alone trannies? The Vatican Church threatened to sue a photographer over a picture of gay couples kissing in a church.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/09/26/italy-gallery-removes-exhibition-of-gay-couples-kissing-in-churches-after-vatican-threatens-legal-action/

>inb4 outrage about gays disrespecting the church
They're literally just kissing. Straight couples kiss in those churches but no outrage about it.

I'm not mad about the Church regarding the issue. I just want you all religious fags to wake up and accept that, according to their doctrine, homosexuality is a sin. The church doesn't really want you. They're just using you as a token.
>>
>>8824880

We want you to repent of your sins and get rid of your lifestyle. If you can't do that then you are nothing more than a dog.
>>
>>8824805
what objects tell you to eat them or fart?

>they're definitely arising from a structure of mind
you got that part right, there is nothing supernatural about it

>predetermines things for you
how so?

>you can derive morality from science alone you fucking moron
how can you? and how does not knowing this make me a "fucking moron"? LOL you are acting as though I am about to genocide your people, calm down a little bit. bullying people into agreeing with you doesn't work on everyone, some people like to ask "why", it seems like you're not used to it, but I am not engaging in a conversation just to piss you off

>the whole point of science and non religion based morality
there's a lot wrong with this

science by its own nature is objective
it separates itself from questions of morality

>non religion based morality
what makes a morality religious or non religious?

>the whole point of science and non religion based morality is we accept that it is not universal morality, ergo, since it only has to work in certain situations and never has to be perfect, it can certainly be informed by science and materialism
what you're describing here as far as I can tell (ignoring the issues I described above) is a value system

we use science as a tool to understand the world, but there are an infinite number of things we can measure and study
we only study those things that are useful to use
and we determine what is useful to us with a value system

i.e. if understanding why tree bark is brown is less useful than understanding why a mother's milk is good for babies, do those facts alone tell us which to study? the "is" does not give us the "ought"
>>
>>8824893
As soon as you stop eating shellfish and stop molesting choir boys I'll stop fucking men.

>hurr every1 is imperfect b4 god
>but this imperfection is SLGHTLY WORSE DEN ALL DE OTHERS CUZ LEVUTICUS AN DMUH FEELINGS
>>
>>8824897
I'm actually mad about gays being willfully ignorant.
>>
>>8824880
ok
>>
>>8824919
Don't reply to Christian pedo poster seriously
>>
>>8824926
This guy is making no arguments and is simply slinging names and mud. No longer respond to him there is no productive discussion possible.
>>
Daily reminder that catholics are arrogant idolators and evildoers who will rot in Hell forever like the vermins they know they are, deep down.
>>
>>8819256
My crush on Dawkins notwithstanding, religion is dumb and just another reason for me to hate someone, I can make exceptions to Some people, but I fucking hate it: if I had the time and power, I'd make a line and talk to every religious person and decide, there and then, to either gas or let them go.
>>
>>8824954
>hate sucks
>so I'll counter it with more hate
I understand the reasoning but this only makes the world a worse place
>>
>>8824970
>Nerner
Is it trying to communicate ?
>>
>>8824947
I said in my first comment about all this>>8824543
That I was not even religious so not sure what he is on about.
>>
>>8824989
edgy
>>
>>8825095
wtf im an atheist now
>>
>>8824583
So does that mean you also get uppity when you see muslims killing and torturing gays?
>>
>>8823706
this artstyle makea me wanna bloa my brains out
>>
>>8824596
>you're about as far away from Christendom as can possibly be

You can easily claim thus about 99% of christians and christian communities.
Go to Mount Athos if you want to see actual real christians. Protip: they dress like necromancers, are vegan, have never touched a woman or money, and often go weeks without speaking a word.
>>
>>8824543
>All of the tolerance and freedom we enjoy today is a direct descendant of Christian thought.

Correction: all the freedoms and liberty and rights we enjoy today are result of the desperate effort of very intelligent men to justify their superstitions.
They had to cut a lot of rotten flesh and tumors, and had to make a few leaps of faith, to go from christianity to liberalism. Like a Youtube critic over-analyzing the significance of a red curtain on the window in a movie for 2 seconds.
Guess who their biggest opponents were back in the day? Christians.
>>
>>8824597
>religion is not science
For a period the catholic church insisted that truth can only be known through dialogue, and killed people who conducted experiments. They wanted to be science, and failed. And of course today christians in the USA push hard against evolution, global warming, etc.

>and it is not all history
More than half the funding for history documentaries in the USA is for bible/religion shit. Often religious people treat the holy texts as FACT, written down by God through some mortal hand. They are anti-history and anti-science.

>religion is philosophy
Yes, I agree. I just wish its practitioners and philosophers would remember that and know their fucking place.
We aren't as bad as Iran or Saudi Arabia, but thats only because the Europeans castrated christianity during their "lets kill all the germans!" party a few centuries ago.
>>
>>8825851
i acknowledged the first two things you said in the post you quoted
>>
>>8819417
>bullshit made up to control the masses anyway
Exactly. I used to be Christian and this is how i see it too.

I can understand that it's what they genuinely believe (homo=sin) and most Christians mean well i guess??? (trying to 'save' homos), though it's very annoying.
>>
>>8825989
I used to be an edgy atheist and I saw it that way too
>>
>>8819256
I feel like they should be allowed to be religious as much as we're allowed to be homosexual. If I'm not trying to make it illegal for Christians to get married, even though I fundamentally disagree, then why the fuck are religious folk trying to make our marriage illegal?? And if they say "I hate gays" idc because I can say "I hate religion"
>>
>>8823820
don't blow up churches you frickin' atheist, they're aesthetic as fuck. convert them into theaters or something. dang.
>>
>>8826008
The Vatican wants your support, but not you.
>>
>>8826249
I'm not a catholic, I don't care what the vatican wants
>>
>>8826258
If you're not an atheist, what do you believe then?
>>
>>8826278
I am an atheist, just not an edgy anti-theist atheist
>>
>>8819256
Well if the religious don't like me then I don't like the religious, whether their deities exist or not is irrelevant.
>>
Gay Satanist calling in.
>>
>>8819958
> just one in particular that needs eradicating
Judaism?
>>
File: game-church-gamer-jesus.png (750KB, 3036x2584px) Image search: [Google]
game-church-gamer-jesus.png
750KB, 3036x2584px
>>8819256
The only good church that exists is pic related.
>>
>>8826283
This was me for a long time (ages 11-24) but about a year ago I started exploring Quaker philosophy and attending a local meeting. It's been a surprisingly satisfying experience.
>>
>>8829473
>Pastor: "Everyone, pray to the lord of gaming. Gaben!"
>Hundreds of fat gay and tranny gamers covered in cheetoh rise to sing praise to their even fatter leader
>After they sing their praises, the legbutts literally grab PSPs from their lardrolls and play GTA IV
yes, that'd be a fantastic church
>>
>>8819256
>Promotes irrational thinking and belief in contradictory, fairytale bullshit
>Promotes people to believe in the strawman arguments of the OP image
>Most promote the following of a self-righteous prick guilty of his own deadly sins rather than the true lord, Satan
What do you think I feel about it?
Fucking religious "people" need to go asap.
>>
>>8819256
I like religious people and religion, but I don't like religious people who are convinced of Their Religion. I hope the distinction is clear.

Famous saying (paraphrased): I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians.

t. occultist
>>
Christianity is interesting. I'm one, and research how and why certain things were written is cool. It's responsible for a lot of my better facets.
Judaism, whatever, no outstanding problems with them.
Islam, just no. Their book openly encourages violence and extortion.
Sikhs, whatever.
Shinto stuff? Nowadays it just seems like more of a tradition.
>>
>>8829972
Then you only like people who are not truly religious.
>>
>>8822130
>Pagan and polytheistic religions are cool though
let's be real, nobody actually believes those religions.
>>
>>8822418
>wanting people different from you to burn
Where have I heard that before?
>>
>>8829877
>PSP's and GTA IV
Is this 2011? Where am I?
>>
>>8831966
Actually, go to any hindu majority country. They're dedicated there. They also rarely give a shit if you don't believe, since they say you'll just reincarnate until you do.
>>
>>8831974
All throughout history?
>>
>>8819256
I'm just an atheist, since the national catholics murdered my great grandfather all my family from that branch down are atheists.

I still don't get that fedora-atheist relationship, specially when christians are the most tirying people ever, just say you are an atheist and they'll be trying to "save your soul" all the hellish day.
>>
>>8826156
There's nothing aesthetic about most modern built temples of any religion, though I'd agree that historic buildings should be preserved.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.