[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Estrogen addictive? Since i've stopped taking estrogen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: 1404653133281.jpg (24KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1404653133281.jpg
24KB, 429x410px
Is Estrogen addictive?
Since i've stopped taking estrogen I feel like am going through withdrawals.
But the moment I take it again it's like I get a high.
>>
You need to try an actual drug m8
>>
>>8819135
Anything can be mentally addictive if you become psychologically dependent on it. If you have trans issues that would make sense for HRT.
>>
>>8819182
I don't believe it's mental. I felt a real physical high when taking estrogen.
>>
>>8819247
blind test or gtfo

Yes, it is possible to blind test yourself with careful documentation

>>8819182 is right regardless of whether it's 100% placebo or not
>>
>>8819247
What sort? As a gay man I've always wondered what sort of mood lift trannies get from their pills. Please describe it in as much detail as you can.
>>
>>8819247
The mind is a powerful thing.
>>
>>8819302
It feels you're flying, you feel calm and happy.
>>
>>8819247
Ask /HRTgen/.

Read >>8819305 too.
>>
>>8819391
I wasn't even taking antiandrogens, just estrogen.
>>
hrt affects my mood a lot, i notice that i get a lot of mood swings, and get angry a lot when i don't have it. but when i do, i'm a lot more stable. i dont think it's an addiction thing, just your brain wanting what it knows it needs.
>>
>>8819302
Literally nothing happens tbhon.
>>
>>8819135
it is
I feel exactly the same, even worse I became depressed and suicidal in a week but taking it again makes me feel good, the antidepressant effects are very profound
there is a connection of estrogen and serotonin that explains it, same thing for women they are feeling depressed or moody on periods when their estrogen goes low

inb4
>trannies' female brain needs estrogen
>>
>>8819572
>there is a connection of estrogen and serotonin that explains it

Oh no am screwed.
>>
>>8819630
if you suffer depression you can take antidepressants

if you stop HRT you are guaranteed to feel like shit since your natural hormones are suppressed and take time to recover (consult endo if you can)

Id stil love to see studies on the subject, especially on CIS MEN
>>
When I first started hrt I would dissolve my Estradiol and shortly after I would feel this relaxing sensation all throughout my body and I would feel extremely euphoric. Eventually that didn't happen anymore so maybe my body just got used to it but I also just swallow it now so I'm not getting as much from it but my levels peaked out super fucking high and I went crazy for awhile so I had to stop doing that.
>>
>>8819831
SSRIs are sugar pills compared to estro and the doctors are leery about giving you the stronger stuff these days.
>>
>>8819831
SSRIs cause sexual dysfunction and suicidal impulses.

Doctors should just prescribe estrogen.
>>
>>8819831
No no no no no no, you're telling me my concerns are right and I might actually be going through withdraws?

But then if I ask the endo wouldn't they prescribe me testosterone?
>>
File: 2017-09-05_01-40-00 1565 x 648.jpg (244KB, 1565x648px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-05_01-40-00 1565 x 648.jpg
244KB, 1565x648px
>>8819900
hmm depends, I had pretty good response to SSRI but of course when you are trans ADs alone wont help

if you've been depressed then any normalization of mood might seem amazing, honestly I've forgotten how it felt to enjoy anything in life and estrogen turned it around
>wow! I dont want to kill myself anymore or stay in bed with no food for 16 hrs!!!

>>8819920
men dont want any of the "side effects" of E so ... but for us huge part might be just placebo

>>8819989
uhm no you need to let your own HPTA (brain+balls in simple words) recover to start producing T again, that is if you wan to stop HRT
>>
>>8819920
They should also prescribe antiandrogens for acne.
>>
>>8820026
They do, spiro at least
>>
>>8819831
They actually have done studies on cis men, usually in relation to androgen sensitive prostate cancer. The short answer is that estrogen generally ends up making them feel even shittier than no sex hormones at all.
>>
>>8820029
I was never offered any when I saw them about my acne...
>>
>>8820041
how so, due to gyno and becoming even more moody? not like cancer treatment is evaluated on mental effects, its 'do or die' so I doubt its relevant

they need to test it on healthy people
>>
>>8820011
>HPTA (brain+balls in simple words) recover

But... I don't what them recover? What if... I want to be semi-castrated?
>>
>>8820041
People who have prostate cancer are already going through huge mood swings (because they have cancer, duhh) and the high dose estrogen treatment they used to use for prostate cancer is not really equivalent to what trannies take.
>>
>>8820062
They wouldn't do this, because its generally well known that estrogen has a deleterious effect on a healthy cis male. It would be considered unethical, and would never happen in human testing.
>>
>>8820041
cite?
>>
>>8820093
Estrogen is required for your day to day functioning autist. It's the amount that matters.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11730247

>To address this issue, several cross-sectional observational studies have related bone mineral density (BMD) to sex steroids in elderly men, and found that estrogen correlated better than testosterone with BMD. In addition, recent longitudinal studies from our group indicate that bioavailable estrogen correlated better than testosterone both with the gain in BMD in young men and with loss of BMD in elderly men. These observational studies do not, however, prove causality, which requires direct interventional studies. Thus, we eliminated endogenous testosterone and estrogen production in 59 elderly men (mean age 68 years), studied them first under conditions of physiologic testosterone and estrogen replacement, and then assessed the impact on bone turnover of withdrawing both testosterone and estrogen, withdrawing only testosterone, only estrogen, or continuing both. We found that estrogen played the major role in regulating bone resorption in these men, and that both estrogen and testosterone were important in maintaining bone formation. Collectively then, these findings indicate that estrogen plays a dominant role in regulating the male skeleton.
>>
File: DI4aR_uVoAEFXvP[1].jpg (145KB, 1199x870px) Image search: [Google]
DI4aR_uVoAEFXvP[1].jpg
145KB, 1199x870px
>>8820093
they test all sort of even more harmful drugs and short term estrogen does nothing

what if its real that only TRUE-trans brains enjoy estrogen
>>
>>8820093
>its generally well known that estrogen has a deleterious effect on a healthy cis male.
Then why isn't it used to test for transsexuality, instead of leaving us with this weird situation where an ostensibly medical condition can only be diagnosed psychiatrically?
>>
>>8820140
They test harmful drugs when they think they might have some sort of positive effect. They aren't going to test something on healthy men with no real point other than "lets see if it makes them miserable or not"
>>
Estrogen acts like an ssri in the brain
>>
>>8820059
Me neither damn it, but that was in the 80s.
>>
File: 2017-09-05_02-22-50 1162 x 831.png (141KB, 1162x831px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-05_02-22-50 1162 x 831.png
141KB, 1162x831px
>>
>>8820062
This could get into the controversial area of trans vs cis brains, and the idea that mtf brains react positively to estrogens, but cis men's brains react negatively.
There is anecdotal evidence for this but I don't know if it's been formally studied.
>>
>>8820142
It basically is used as a test. If you don't like HRT you'll quit on your own. If you like it you'll keep taking it. If you factor out non-medical issues like finances I would guess that compliance with HRT regimes is higher than the average compliance with prescriptions. No I don't have a citation though.
>>
>>8820208
I dont think anyone but Canada/USA has this 'take your pills if you want' approach to trans healthcare, most countries are strict af with HRT and require long evaluations before prescribing.
>>
>tfw missing sleep time by 3hrs cause of estrogen-high
>>
>>8820255
Which is stupid. Long evaluations don't serve any purpose, and are often counter productive.
>>
>>8819302
mood stabilizing, less angry, less sexually aroused, less oily masculine scent.
>>
>>8820666
You can buy cypro and estradiol here in almost any drugstore with no prescription and I dont think it hurts anyone
>>
>>8822059
So how many trans do you think use it as a mood drug?
>>
>>8822059
Why did I become more depressed after switching from oral to sublingual estradiol?
>>
>>8822721
The effects are inseparable from each other. You're using it for both. It's also impossible to separate the direct effect it has on your mental state from the indirect effect of knowing your body is getting better instead of worse (and seeing those improvements).

Either way, being on HRT makes me feel so much better it's hard to put into words, and did so before any major physical changes. Being off it after starting made me incredibly anxious, irritable, and uncomfortable.
>>
>>8822891
How is that different from addiction? It is mood altering clearly just like testosterone which is a controlled substance.
>>
>>8819145
This, but cocaine and mdma are the only ones really worth doing. Maybe acid once or twice.

Everything else is something you'll look back and think "eww why did I do that." Don't fall for the pot meme; it's a nigger tier drug.
>>
>>8822900
Test is a controlled substance because you can't use Estrogen to cheat at sports.
>>
>>8822900
I mean, it's addictive because because it makes me feel better. I don't get cravings or anything, I just keep taking because stopping makes me want to kill myself since A: I don't want to be masculine because I'm a tranny, and B: I like the effect it has on my mental state, which is less anxious, more emotionally receptive, and happier.

It also has no real negative side effects. I mean, it increases your risk of thrombosis but that's basically it (stuff like breast cancer doesn't count because of course it does that, and taking it as a supplement isn't any different to producing it with your ovaries). All the side effects are physical changes that MtFs actively want.

Also note that the "addiction" doesn't apply to cis men or women with normal oestrogen levels. If you put a normal dude on oestrogen he's going to feel uncomfortable with the changes to his mental state, not to mention his body. For women with low oestrogen levels (both cis and trans) it's simply normalising the body chemistry. Of course trannies don't want to go off the drug that's fixing all their problems without impairing them in any way, just like diabetics aren't going to stop taking their insulin because it stops them feeling lethargic all the time and fixes their physical problems, or people with chronic pain diseases aren't going to stop taking their medication.

Testosterone is controlled because it can be used to cheat in sports, and because it's way more dangerous to take unsupervised than oestrogen (as well as having much more immediate and permanent effects).
>>
>>8822751
Maybe because of fluctuating estradiol levels? Some people seem to be bothered by it, for others it's no big deal.
>>
>>8822900
Thats like saying Aspirin is addictive because it makes your headaches go away. If you use the term this losely every medication would be addictive, rendering the term being useless and/or losing it's meaning.
>>
>>8823040
So being trans is like having a headache constantly?
>>
>>8823051
My answer regarded the term addiction you used falsely. Your strawman is clearly bait.
>>
>>8819920
Ummm what do you think happens to trannies...?
>>
>>8822912
Cocaine is for niggers
>>
>>8823080
If estrogen confers euphoria, it could be an addiction.
>>
>>8823189
this lol
>>
File: 2017-09-05_21-53-58 846 x 594.jpg (65KB, 846x594px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-05_21-53-58 846 x 594.jpg
65KB, 846x594px
>>8822936
does it mean Im not a normal dude?

>>8823404
its more like a relief that feels good
same as antidepressants - they dont give you euphoria normally, but they let you feel joy again instead of being anhedonic
>>
>>8823523
If you like being on estradiol I'd say you're not a normal "dude."
>>
>>8823051
If you aren't on hrt and are trans, yes
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.