[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On this week’s episode of On Contact, Chris Hedges is join

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

On this week’s episode of On Contact, Chris Hedges is joined by trans rights activist Pauline Park. RT Correspondent looks at the struggle of the transgender community.
https://youtu.be/7Vl3S0Zzsk8
>>
have a bump

pretty reasonable so far, though I do wonder if LGBT people living in Israel would prefer the land to be controlled by Palestine...muslims hold seats in the parliament of Israel, not sure if jews have much power in Palestine

it seems worth considering how much personal freedom each government would allow before being upset that Israel exists
>>
>>
Nothing says struggle of the transgender community like an old Asian hon in a tacky wig tbhon.
>>
>>8816314
Well I guess this disproves the meme that asians always pass!
>>
>>8816385
tbhon I'm scared tbhon anon poster
>>
>>8816389
was about to post this, lmao
>>
>>8816385
it's really pathetic to judge someone by their appearance like that
listen to what she's saying, rarely do I find a trans activist like this that seems to have actual consistent principles and who isn't crazy
>>
>>8816314
i really like chris hedges but.....

is that how all trannies age?
>>
Thaks for sharing this, I like Hedges a lot so this is great
>>
>>8817862
No, that's just what happens when trannies transition too late
>>
File: 1504290919829.jpg (14KB, 563x563px) Image search: [Google]
1504290919829.jpg
14KB, 563x563px
Glad I'm not the only RT/Chris Hedges fan on here.
>>
>>8816314
Why can't the National Organization for Women have a chairwoman, who is this courageous?
>>
bump to bring attention to all the trans-phobic comments being posted on this YouTube video.

It seems like the """""community""""" always allows one of its own leaders to get attacked like this. Nobody rush to defend her. Let's just all watch as she gets attacked.
>>
>>8817881
implying a 18year old built like a nfl line backer is going to have it any easier

>>8822542
the less someone passes, then less people care
>>
>>8822651
>the less someone passes, then less people care
With all due respect, WTF does this even mean ? Even though "gender" is a social construct, let us entertain what you are saying here, about "passing" for a minute. You are argument that a person of a "gender" should "pass" for that "gender" before anybody in the LGBT community will rise up to defend that person from attacks about their "gender" or "appearance" ? Am I getting this right ?

Like, regardless if one is a man or a woman, or expresses oneself as gender queer or some other range in the "gender" spectrum, why is there all this need to be so judgmental from within the LGBT community about other LGBT's ? Isn't this what the fucking heterosexist culture been doing to us all along ? If a gay man didn't pass for being "butch enough" -- if a lesbian didn't pass for being "femme enough" -- they were vilified by heterosexist culture. So, now that kind of thinking has seeped into the LGBT consciousness now, too ? If a woman like Pauline Park doesn't "pass" for a woman, she gets attacked ? Does Pauline Park need to be "femme enough" by heterosexist standards to be "femme enough" by LGBT standards ? What a fucked up standard the LGBT community has about femininity.

If you listened to her speak in this video, Pauline Park said something about what the informed or progressive feminist perspective should be about gender, namely, that we should be moving away from prejudices about one's appearance and reproductive and physical qualities and, instead, to see that any oppression of a person based on what we call "gender" as essentially that : oppression. What ever happened to LGBT's seeking liberation from oppression ?

It seems that in the march toward "equality," we forgot that our goal wasn't to equally apply the rules of oppression from heterosexists to our own selves, but to liberate ourselves from that oppression.
>>
>>8822975
>What ever happened to LGBT's seeking liberation from oppression ?
What happened is enough people got that liberation and stopped caring.
Femme lesbians, passing trans people, straight passing bisexuals, and masc gays aren't seen as being as bad anymore, so they feel like the only thing holding them back is everyone who isn't cis passing and straight passing.
People got a taste of that privilege and decided to drop everyone who helped them get it.
>>
>>8816314
She's done so much for the community back in Queens, I really adore her. How she handled the Zionists online was tactful and with respect.
>>
>>8822975
Basically fuck you I got mine
>>
>>8817862
Glad to see my man Hedges getting some play here as well.

He's the only leftist that many right wingers won't immediately dismiss for the fact.

I'm surprised in OP's link he doesn't mention his stint as a war correspondent desu. It's usually the first thing he mentions.
>>
File: 1496257259647.png (127KB, 800x629px) Image search: [Google]
1496257259647.png
127KB, 800x629px
>>8816314
Aww, look, it's the same old intersectionality crap, comming from this alt-left firebrand following the communazi geopolitics mandate to stir shit up among minorities in america and the like.

It's funny how casually they skirt around how urban trannies face higher dangers specifically because of how touchy "urban" "commonity members" are against queers.

Okay, sure, it mixes together with RTs standard focus on american sleaziness, which Hedges does actually manage to integrate much better than the blatant far left troll ... the spitting image of carl the cuck, umm ... Thom Hartman, the damn clown who has no ability to imagine that america can't just do whatever he wants exactly the same way as Germany. Never mind Larry King ... he's such a big name, they actually let him go completely against all their other Leftist shows and say CNN type stuff.
>>
>>8825177
>alt-left
I think the term is ctrl-left.
>>
>>8825190
No, there's no ctrl-left on that channel. There's the afforementioned The Big Picture along with Lee Camp on Redacted Tonight, that's Capslock-Left, there's Crosstalk which is Ctrl-Right ... okay, maybe Watching the Hawks is Ctrl-Left.
>>
>>8825177
Intersectionality looks like a literal asshole.
Also, to the ranter about bad comments and passing: attractive people get help. Nobody cares about ugly people. This is just biology. This is where transphobia comes from. 'Eww I wouldn't fuck it how vile'. Nobody likes a Hon.
>>
>>8825615
>Nobody cares about ugly people. This is just biology.
Biology is the study of the body and its parts. What you are talking about is bias, and that is learned from our culture. Biases are social constructs. They have nothing to do with our bodies.

Shouldn't we be aspiring to something better than that ? Go back and listen to Pauline Park speak. Hear the message she is trying to impart about what it means to fulfill on the informed and progressive feminist perspective that should oppose all forms of oppression.
>>
azn ez pass, they said...
>>
>>8825615
>>8827992
>>8828065

>topic is about rampant violence and systematic opression of trans women

>bickering trannies make it about looks

Is it really this hopeless?
>>
File: Postcards From The Edge.gif (2MB, 750x396px) Image search: [Google]
Postcards From The Edge.gif
2MB, 750x396px
>>8828293
>Is it really this hopeless?
Yes, and no.

But that is a very fair question to raise. Doesn't anybody else ever wonder how we make any advances ? Usually, any advances we make usually boil down to a group of 2-5 ppl., who press forward in spite of all the shit that gets hung on them. Pauline Park has delivered reform and accountability in New York that has reverberated across the nation, all of that in the face of horrifying attacks.

I would say that, generally, it is hopeless, until you have the Pauline Parks of the world show up, suit up, and blaze the trails that everybody else follows.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.