[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>LGBTQ Literally what's the difference between gay and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

>LGBTQ

Literally what's the difference between gay and queer? Sorry to ask, I'm a CIS, white male who doesn't know anything.
>>
>>8806475
>queer
is for cis straight autistic gilrs who like to be special
>>
File: lgbt dogs.png (127KB, 729x504px) Image search: [Google]
lgbt dogs.png
127KB, 729x504px
I demand it be renamed to LGBTZ.
>>
Queer is the term "academic" lesbians like to push as it is ambiguous and also a catch all for political lesbians. This was most likely because lesbians, benefiting from female privilege, do not get called queer while they are being assaulted and killed, like gay men and trans women do. It is almost like a mexican saying he identifies as a nigger because nigger means person of color.

Because the term queer has been pushed so much and is so ambiguous, cis het women use it to identify so you can't call them out for having cis privilege, heterosexual privilege, or female privilege.

Take a look at anyone who calls them self queer. They will 9/10 times be female, heterosexual, white, have dyed hair and thick glasses.
>>
>>8806475
my vague understanding is that queer is some sort of identity
kind of like being effeminate and engaging in pride parade style faggotry but "...I guess you don't fit under lgbt but you really seem to think youre some sort of identity thing, have a letter"
or it could also be "shit theres so many things lets just toss a blanket on it" becuse I guess queer means "not normal" or "not straight" this is more likely
this new feminist shit has a strong leaning towards the "be nice to everyone and include everyone who is nice back" mantra of life
so being overly inclusive without asking questions or taking a long hard look is going to result in Q and of course the other letters that people are rallying for
>>
>>8806475
>CIS, white male who doesn't know anything
Focus on you as a cishet white upperclass male.
Now imagine you were some entitled liberal know-it-all who says he's queer (don't think of a meaning for queer, just think of you saying it).
That's basically what queer is.
being a pretentious twat.

It's the lgbt equivalent of Rachel Dolezal but with even less effort put into it.
>>
File: sjw american bear.png (47KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
sjw american bear.png
47KB, 853x543px
>>8806504
What the fuck have I just read.
>>
>>8806475
>LGBTQ
>Q
Are you retarded...? You have to be retarded in order to attach the Q to the LGBT acronym.
>>
>>8806479
that's the meme on here but IRL it's 90% just people who are bi or gay but don't want to be called that for whatever reason, like they think self-identifying as bi makes them transphobic, or they're questioning and unsure of their exact identity but they know for sure they like the same sex. That or they're some vague non-binary kind of trans (usually AFAB) and don't want to identify with just "lesbian" even though they're exclusively attracted to women because they don't feel 100% female so it "wouldn't be a relationship with two women".

Sometimes it's really old political cisgays as well, who grew up being called that and reclaimed it. Generally very gay gays who genuinely are queer as in weird (e.g. doing drag, unconventional relationship models) rather than being the sort of gay that aims to get married and blend into straight society.
>>
People who call themselves queer have paper thin skin and a bunch of friends that always agree with them.
>>
Fucking hell, if I didn't already know I had cancer, I'd certainly think I did now after reading all these god awful responses.

Queer is just an umbrella term for any sexuality or gender identity that isn't heterosexual or cisgender. It's as simple as that, OP.
>>
>>8806585
>that's the meme on here but IRL it's 90% just people who are bi or gay but don't want to be called that for whatever reason, like they think self-identifying as bi makes them transphobic, or they're questioning and unsure of their exact identity but they know for sure they like the same sex. That or they're some vague non-binary kind of trans (usually AFAB) and don't want to identify with just "lesbian" even though they're exclusively attracted to women because they don't feel 100% female so it "wouldn't be a relationship with two women".

^this, basically.

It's people who are either confused (mostly) or feel they're too ambiguous to fit into a common label. Sometimes it is special snowflake-y, yes. I've heard of straight people trying to ID as "queer" because they're into BDSM or some other fetish.

Personally as a lesbian I don't want to be called queer, though. I'm old enough to have grown up with it as a slur, and it literally means "weird" or "strange". I just want to fit in, man.
>>
>>8807898
I feel bad using queer, because while it's a "reclaimed" slur I think the majority of people who use it have never been called a queer.
At the same time it's so handy as a catch-all adjective for anything LGBT... but I think as time passes on it might get too diluted (like we've said) and it may come to mean anything slightly non-gender conforming or non-traditional marriage/relationship conforming.
>>
>>8806475
Queer = gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender
Basically anything that isn't straight or isn't cisgender.
>>
The q is for cis straight girls who wanted to feel included.
>>
The Q is for attention queens who wanna get bonus oppression points and feel special
>>
>>8808126
>but I think as time passes on it might get too diluted

well then we can use "faggot" or "deviant"
"sodomite" or "buggerer"
"degenerate" or "ass-pirate"

I don't think we'll run out of words
>>
>>8809925
I like shirt-lifter and pillow-biter the most.
>>
>>8810417
>shirt-lifter
i don't understand this one.
do fags show off their tits or what?
>>
File: _bd.jpg (149KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
_bd.jpg
149KB, 480x640px
queer = all of the above/any of the above
>>
>>8806475
gay is gay, queer is new gayme plus
>>
File: tumblr_m9d74xmYse1rajg48o1_500.jpg (82KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9d74xmYse1rajg48o1_500.jpg
82KB, 500x375px
>>8806475
Gay is a subset of Queer.
Queer means anything not Straight aka Deviant.
Gay has come to refer specifically to Gay Men (Homosexuals)
All Gays are Queer but not all Queers are Gay.
>>
>>8810449
It's talking about lifting from the back, not the front. You know, those long shirts that when untucked would partly cover the ass.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.