[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is monogamy really a thing among gay males? I'm in my late

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Frasier.png (225KB, 336x276px) Image search: [Google]
Frasier.png
225KB, 336x276px
Is monogamy really a thing among gay males?

I'm in my late 20s and all the gay couples I know are in some kind of open relationship, or are constantly breaking up and getting back together over issues of fidelity.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with open relationships or polyamory if that works for people, but I'm more interested in monogamy, and it seems to me like that's not really a thing between gay men, and it's just something we pretend exists in order to conform to straight society.

I'm looking for input on this from people with actual relationship experience.
>>
>>8802107
I think it largely depends on the people. I know a gay couple that's been monogomous for almost 20 years (and a few others for less). I agree with you though, the prevalence of open relationships/polyamory is kind of depressing if you're the monogamous type
>>
I just gave up on other gay men for a while and started a relationship with a woman that lasted 3 years. It did not end well. 90% of gay men are disgusting sluts and the other 10% are probably still in the closet, so they are hard to find.
>>
Not my experience

Part of what makes us gay makes us also promiscuous, chasing the high and the powerplay, we're men. That switch in our minds that flips to make us this way doesn't alter the basic biology and the testosterone coursing through our veins.

Monogamy is a dream we all have sometimes, but it doesn't work that way really.

If I could change to straight I would, in a heartbeat. I lived this life long enough. Eventually you find the one you think was right for you and then it all falls apart and you're cruising the night again.

There will be a time when we're accepted and I can bet my left nut it won't change a thing. If you find the guy though think about this post and think "that guy was a fucking retard and all he wrote was nonsense".
>>
>>8802936
>Part of what makes us gay makes us also promiscuous

No, what makes you promiscuous is that you are male. All men would fuck around if they could, except that straight men are controller by pussy, and women generally don't let them.
>>
As a generation we are kind of screwed. We are on the cusp of mainstream acceptance but we have all this baggage from being rejected and ostracized. We have never been told to aspire to marriage, stability, or monogamy. We have no role model of monogamy to look up to. And the entirety of queer culture revolves around ephemeral pleasures and impersonal hook-ups.

This makes it difficult for us to conform to the mainstream model of marriage and monogamy. Maybe the next generation, or the one after that, will find it easier.
>>
I dunno with my ex we were fine for quite awhile. Neither of us really hungout with other gay guys.
Eventually though he started to kind of change and act more "stereotypical" I guess. He got into gay culture a lot and started hanging out with only gay people. Eventually he just cheated but by that point our relationship was essentially dead anyway so it wasn't a huge deal I guess
>>
>>8802107
Most gay men and women are sluts, unfortunately.
>>
>>8802107
I know a monogamous gay couple that's been together for 5 years, but they're both autistic asexual otherkin who were pretty much made for each other.
Beyond that, I'm the only other "gay" guy I know who is interested in monogamy, and I'm not even gay, I'm bi, so I'm not even sure that counts.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.