[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does transitioning REALLY have no long term benefits or is that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: CovIFR6UAAE1rnw.jpg (64KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CovIFR6UAAE1rnw.jpg
64KB, 600x450px
Does transitioning REALLY have no long term benefits or is that just a meme here?
>>
Only buttmad late transitioner hons believe it has no real benefits whatsoever since it does not work on them tbhon.
>>
>>8793732
It's a meme everywhere
>>
Transitioning is the only cure.
>>
>>8793736
basically this

"What do you mean I didn't transform into a woman instantly after 2 month of HRT and zero effort? My 250 pounds, effortless voice and inability to act femininely was supposed to disappear!"
>*Shitposts in HRTgen furiously calling everyone ugly*
>>
>>8793732
transitioning is just a trend and a meme. the technology isn't complete yet, FtMs and MtFs are just crossdressers turned into guinea pigs and money making machines.
>>
>>8793758
>acting
>effort

The point of the operation is to make you more yourself. If you have to play a part you are literally trapping yourself.
>>
>>8793828
because you have to make an effort to unlearn everything you learned as a male lmao

2/10 bait, but it got the job done I guess
>>
>>8793732

Suicide rates don't lie. Trannies still kill themselves at a ferocious rate afterward, and half of them are on disability.
>>
>>8793828

> being yourself
> literally hating yourself
>>
>>8793732

It's mostly driven by occult ideology. It is a terrible idea in reality. Even the Hollywood and pro sports ones revert when they get older, and they get the best treatments.
>>
File: APA statement.jpg (262KB, 847x669px) Image search: [Google]
APA statement.jpg
262KB, 847x669px
>>8793732
>Significant and long-standing medical and psychiatric literature exists that demonstrates clear benefits of medical and surgical interventions to assist gender variant individuals seeking transition. However, private and public insurers often do not offer, or may specifically exclude, coverage for medically necessary treatments for gender transition. Access to medical care (both medical and surgical) positively impacts the mental health of transgender and gender variant individuals.

>Therefore, the American Psychiatric Association:

>1. Recognizes that appropriately evaluated transgender and gender variant individuals can benefit greatly from medical and surgical gender transition treatments.

>2. Advocates for removal of barriers to care and supports both public and private health insurance coverage for gender transition treatment.

>3. Opposes categorical exclusions of coverage for such medically necessary treatment when prescribed by a physician.
>>
>>8793732
>>8796784
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2009.03625.x/abstract
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24344788
https://mayoclinic.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/hormonal-therapy-and-sex-reassignment-a-systematic-review-and-met
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/23553588_Long-term_Assessment_of_the_Physical_Mental_and_Sexual_Health_among_Transsexual_Women
http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/25690443

Transitioning correlates with an improvement in mental health and a reduction in dysphoria. Deteriorated mental health and gender dysphoria correlate with suicide. By transitivity, assuming that gender dysphoria and deteriorated mental health contribute to people being suicidal, improving mental health and reducing gender dysphoria reduces suicide risk.
>>
>>8793732
>>8796784
>>8796789
>>8793854
The suicide meme is being pushed by a bunch of people willfully misinterpreting Cecilia Dhejne's work, which states that those who transitioned before a certain year were still very suicidal, but that those who transitioned later did much better. She was interviewed on the subject a bunch of times to clarify this.

http://transadvocate.com/fact-check-study-shows-transition-makes-trans-people-suicidal_n_15483.htm

>Williams: Before I contacted you for this interview, were you aware of the way your work was being misrepresented?

>Dhejne: Yes! It’s very frustrating! I’ve even seen professors use my work to support ridiculous claims. I’ve often had to respond myself by commenting on articles, speaking with journalists, and talking about this problem at conferences. The Huffington Post wrote an article about the way my research is misrepresented. At the same time, I know of instances where ethical researchers and clinicians have used this study to expand and improve access to trans health care and impact systems of anti-trans oppression.

>Of course trans medical and psychological care is efficacious. A 2010 meta-analysis confirmed by studies thereafter show that medical gender confirming interventions reduces gender dysphoria.

>...
>Dhejne: People who misuse the study always omit the fact that the study clearly states that it is not an evaluation of gender dysphoria treatment. If we look at the literature, we find that several recent studies conclude that WPATH Standards of Care compliant treatment decrease gender dysphoria and improves mental health.
>>
>>8793773
>money making machines
this meme is retarded
HRT is hilariously cheap, all the medications are produced in bulk for old women.
the only thing expensive is the surgeries and not even everyone gets those
>>
>>8796798

Dhejne is lying because trannies got to her. The data she published herself shows no such trend.
>>
>>8796809
>Dhejne is lying because trannies got to her. The data she published herself shows no such trend.
Ah, classic /pol/. "IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY!". The author of the study is clearly a liar. Too bad this trick won't work for you here. The study is open access and says exactly what she is saying.
>>
>>8796824

> The study is open access and says exactly what she is saying
No, it doesn't. She's misrepresenting her own work.
>>
>>8796833
>She's misrepresenting her own work.
lmao

Here's the actual chart from her study showing exactly this: the post-89 trans group is only at a slightly higher suicide risk compared to the general population.

Here are two direct quotes from her study:
>The caveat with this design is that transsexual persons before sex reassignment might differ from healthy controls (although this bias can be statistically corrected for by adjusting for baseline differences). It is therefore important to note that the current study is only informative with respect to transsexuals persons health after sex reassignment; no inferences can be drawn as to the effectiveness of sex reassignment as a treatment for transsexualism. In other words, the results should not be interpreted such as sex reassignment per se increases morbidity and mortality. Things might have been even worse without sex reassignment. As an analogy, similar studies have found increased somatic morbidity, suicide rate, and overall mortality for patients treated for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. This is important information, but it does not follow that mood stabilizing treatment or antipsychotic treatment is the culprit.

>Other facets to consider are first that this study reflects the outcome of psychiatric and somatic treatment for transsexualism provided in Sweden during the 1970s and 1980s. Since then, treatment has evolved with improved sex reassignment surgery, refined hormonal treatment, and more attention to psychosocial care that might have improved the outcome.

>For the purpose of evaluating whether sex reassignment is an effective treatment for gender dysphoria, it is reasonable to compare reported gender dysphoria pre and post treatment. Such studies have been conducted either prospectively[7], [12] or retrospectively,[5], [6], [9], [22], [25], [26], [29], [38] and suggest that sex reassignment of transsexual persons improves quality of life and gender dysphoria.
>>
File: Chart.jpg (252KB, 1339x646px) Image search: [Google]
Chart.jpg
252KB, 1339x646px
>>8796833
>>8796859
...okay, aham, HERE'S the actual chart:
>>
>>8796861

> adjusted hazard ratios relative to self rated mental health are remotely relevant to anything
Literally all that's doing is saying "later cohort trannies rate themselves as less psychotic"
Their actual suicide rate, the raw hazard ratio, is fucking huge.
>>
File: weifjeidfwejfwed.jpg (18KB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
weifjeidfwejfwed.jpg
18KB, 200x190px
>>8796833
>>
>>8796874
[citation needed]
>>
>>8796874
>*Adjusted for psychiatric morbidity prior to baseline and immigrant status
Can you even read?
>>
>>8796884
Yes, can you? Why would you care about adjusting for psychiatric morbidity when you want to know their actual suicide rate?

>Transsexual individuals had been hospitalized for psychiatric morbidity other than gender identity disorder prior to sex reassignment about four times more often than controls
IOW: they're all nuts
>>
>>8796901
>Yes, can you? Why would you care about adjusting for psychiatric morbidity when you want to know their actual suicide rate?
Oh my god you're a fucking idiot. Completely science-illiterate. To isolate the factor being studied.

Fuck, I can't stop smirking at your audacity. You just claimed the paper said something completely different here
>>8796874
then asked me if I can read.

>IOW: they're all nuts
Way to move the goalposts. The thread is about the efficacy of gender reassignment. Ignoring that, though, since the suicide rate plummeted over time it is likely that the higher rate of mental illness is connected to social factors.

I hope you do realize that you're basically helping me produce pro-transition propaganda right now by playing the part of the clueless strawman. Hey, maybe this very thread will convince someone to transition.
>>
>>8796930
>Oh my god you're a fucking idiot. Completely science-illiterate. To isolate the factor being studied.
You're the illiterate you gibbon. Being a tranny will make you more comorbid because trannies are nuts. We want to know if trannies have higher suicide rates, not if they have higher suicide rates than X other random nutcases who happen to have the same rated level of mental issues.

> The thread is about the efficacy of gender reassignment.
Which the raw hazard rate tells you but the adjusted hazard rate tells you nothing about.
>>
>>8796942
>>8796859
>>
Transition has several proven long-term health benefits.
Trap yourself.
STOP LIVING, START FAPPING!
>>
>>8793773
HRT is like 20 dollars a month for me lel
>>
>>8793732
Of course it's a fucking meme. If transition had no benefits why would it still be the preferred medical treatment?
>>
File: 2way.png (582KB, 1176x820px) Image search: [Google]
2way.png
582KB, 1176x820px
>>8798288
Because there literally isn't any other medical treatment aside from lobotomy which has been discredited.
>>
>>8796760
As a practicing Luciferian of sorts, I'd be interested in hearing your knowledge on this topic. I'm sure it will be enlightening.

Please don't bother with the 'occult' things you study on /pol/, or the word 'Satanism', as they both reveal you're literally clueless.
>>
>>8793732
Yes, transitioning has no long-term proven benefits and I will decontruct every one of the bitterhon lies posted in this thread, one by one.

>>8793736
Bullshit.
>>8793749
Bullshit.
>>8793854
This.
>>8796760
Minus the occult bullshit, this is true.

>>8796784
Appeal to authority. Utter rubbish. Not a citation.

>>8796789
Actual citations! Let's go through them.
>http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2009.03625.x/abstract

Very low quality evidence. Rubbish study.

>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24344788
No controls + not looking at long-term, only after SRS not >5 yrs. Rubbish, mostly fabricated short-term placebo benefit.

>https://mayoclinic.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/hormonal-therapy-and-sex-reassignment-a-systematic-review-and-met

Very low quality evidence. Bullshit!

>http://www.researchgate.net/publication/23553588_Long-term_Assessment_of_the_Physical_Mental_and_Sexual_Health_among_Transsexual_Women
>Self-reported survey where people lie
Rubbish! Not objective evidence.

>http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/25690443
Self reported questionnaires. Rubbish.

B u l l s h i t!

>>8796798
Bullshit study being cited by people bullshittin'
Big surprise. The trans suicide statistics only worsen, and this isn't the citstion to prove that, bitterhon.

>>8796800
It isn't about money, I don't think. It's about control, and a narrative. However you need to factor in female beauty products here.
>>8797200
[citation needed]
>>8798288
Traditional narrative.

>>8798380
This is quite true. However, it doesn't make transition something that ahould ever be done unless in cases of transition or suicide.

There is no current treatment for dysphoria, and no transition doesn't count.

With no known evidence, anecdotal treatments like NoFap are our best bet.
>>8798532
This. Actual occultists are not /pol/ memes. And no I'm not an occultist, but I'm not a dumbass either.
>>
OP transition.

It will cure your dysphoria.

But that doesn't mean it won't make you re-think your life. Do WHATEVER you can to fix your dysphoria, start transitioning. Get in a calm mind state.

Then live your life, and you will become sane again and de-transition and be cured of your dysphoria.

You have to figure this shit out for yourself, you fucking pussy.
>>
>>8800922
Bullshit.

See >>8800914

I will point out the bitterhon lies every time.
It's not a meme, it's the truth!

Don't trap yourself.
Why would you go through all that and ruin your body and life, when you could just STOP FAPPING, START LIVING!

But thst is what will end up happening to you if you do trap yourself - you'll detrans and regret everything.
>>
>>8796789
What exactly in those studies indicates that? You can't just throw links at people and claim that your point is fully proven.
>>
File: 1490193889927.jpg (25KB, 366x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490193889927.jpg
25KB, 366x360px
>>8800914
>>
>>8800933
See: >>8800914

Extra bonus from these citations - they're totally fucking bullshit anyway.

Don't trust bitterhons!
>>
>>8800938
Well to the people posting links in favor of transitioning you need to cite text and images from the study that support your points, not just provide a link. It is your job to clearly demonstrate the validity of your claim, not ours.
>>
File: 1504025220017.jpg (272KB, 953x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1504025220017.jpg
272KB, 953x1200px
>>8793732
Thats just that one hon that says to stop fapping

You will get less benefits the longer you wait, and doses differ from one person to the next. Get your levels tested until you know your proper dose! Otherwise you are medding blind and my never pass. On top of that, get tested for liver damage every three months
>>
>>8800941
Bitterhons can't even cherrypick points from their study, because it's totally and utterly bullshit.

And then they go and tell vulnerable mentally ill people to take hormones.

This is prison-worthy behavior.
>>
>>8800948
>>8800938
>>
>>8800944
I'm not a "hon".
I'm a proud male.
I have a mental illness, but that doesn't stop me.
He asked for evidence, you can never provide any.
Don't trust bitterhons!

The world will know I am right, one day.
>>
>>8800933
>What exactly in those studies indicates that?
If you're too lazy to read them you can just read the abstracts.

>You can't just throw links at people and claim that your point is fully proven.
This is not even a debate. I'm presenting the scientific establishment's view on the issue. I'm not going to try and prove evolution, from the start, to every creationist and I'm not going to walk you through why this is true. If you want to take up arms against the established science be my guest.
>>
>>8800960
You need to be able to state what exactly in these studies supports your claim and how. It is not up to me to have to prove your claim.
>>
File: 53dk8sy4bsey.png (92KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
53dk8sy4bsey.png
92KB, 512x512px
>>8800952
>>8800960
>>
>>8800964
I'm not making a claim. I'm presenting facts. This isn't debate class.
>>
>>8800960
I've literally pointed out why the studies were bullshit.
Your own citations literally say they are low quality evidence or self-reported evicence, which is not scientific evidence.
RUBBISH!

>>8800964
This. Bitterhons expect me to play the devil's advocate and prove their own claims (I can't do that as they're bullshit), and then say I'm lying when I don't!

>>8800969
Bait-chan at it again!

>>8800970
You are presenting citations which go against your point.
These do not prove there is any long-term proven benefit of transitioning.
>>
>>8800983
You really should stick to /repgen/. You bitch when trannies post there about HRT but you think it's fine to cure-spam all the other threads.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.