[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please explain to me why transgender people should tell others

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1496143177929.gif (114KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
1496143177929.gif
114KB, 285x285px
please explain to me why transgender people should tell others to identify them as the gender they personally identify with, even though gender is a social construct, and is largely decided upon how other people identify your sex. To me it seems self centered and borderline delusional to believe you can control and change how other people look at you, with all due respect.

Maybe the jaded, bitterness of 4chan can share some light to me, because everyone I have ever talked to about this subject is very contradictory about the things they talk about and rarely listen to reason and it's very frustrating, I feel like I'm talking to brainwashed religious people and it always just ends up with me smiling my head, nodding and walking away

At least here I know most people are fairly intelligent so please share some light, I hope my question makes sense, and I hope this does not sound disrespectful.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>8784388
*Smiling, and nodding my head
>>
>>8784388

>>8782586
>>
>>8784405
So it's a mental disorder of some kind or are you implying it's simply genetic? Thanks by the way
>>
>>8784418
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality
>>
>>8784427
Well I guess that works, even though it's wikipedia lol
>>
>>8784388
If a person doesn't pass and someone misgenders them, most will just correct them and ask them to use their preferred pronouns. There are some who react more aggressively, but the point is, trans people just want to be referred by their preferred gender and it wouldn't hurt people to do so after they're asked to do so.
>>
>>8784515
Don't diss Wikipedia too hard. Unlike most websites it actually cites its sources. If something seems fishy you can verify things yourself.
>>
>if I'm talking to someone with a disability why can't I just call them 'fucking retard'? I perceive them to be fucking retarded it just makes sense. I mean what else could I possibly see about this person as an individual besides the fact that they're fucking retarded? I don't get how it's rude, why should anyone be offended by this? Why does my aunt get upset whenever I call her son with autism a fucking retard? Why can I not get away with calling fucking retarded customers at work what they are why would I get fired over that?
>why can't I call this wheelchaired guy a cripple?
>why can't I get away with calling all overweight people 'fatass'?

The answer: because no one likes a socially stunted immature manchild with no manners(something decent people wouldn't call you to your face, but that doesn't mean it's not true).
>>
>>8784523
Wikipedia's editorial bias is leftist and pro-sjw. (((They))) have a lot of influence.
>>
>>8785114
>/pol/ memes
ok
>>
>>8784388
>even though gender is a social construct
Because it's not, retard. It's an internal experience and external expression of sexual dimorphism in the brain, which is biological reality.

>with all due respect
So, none? That's okay, I don't respect people who believe "gender is a social construct." Gender is the neurological aspect of biological sex; I don't have a lot of patience for a bunch of liberal academic wheezing about it be some kind of social construct.

>>8785114
So verify shit for yourself instead of just whining about how the site is Jewed. The studies speak for themselves. This isn't fucking hard.
>>
>>8784523
>makes claims that aren't in the sources given
>applies own rules inconsistently and with political bias
>has biased staff
>consistently edited by leftists using leftist sources
>selectively uses sources
>selective selection of sources
>biased synthesis of sources
and more. Praise Wikipedia!
>>
>>8785737
>consistently edited by leftists using leftist sources
To some people just about all scientific journals in certain fields are leftist..
>>
>>8787837
Even *Nature* is leftist. Science has been lost to Jewry for years.
>>
>>8787880
>Even *Nature* is leftist
ok
>>
>>8787837
It's more apparent when you look at how they cite """news""" sites and which ones they consider usable sources.
>>
>>8788195
Okay, that's fair.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.