[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can transgenders be real if genders aren't real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: reece.jpg (44KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
reece.jpg
44KB, 600x494px
How can transgenders be real if genders aren't real (social construct)?
>>
>>8782563
Saying something is a social construct isn't saying it isn't real. Money and the internet are social constructs for example.
>>
>>8782563
They are not a scientific reality, just a mixture of fetishistic crossdressers and extremely feminine, autistically minded homosexuals:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/psychiatry-expert-scientifically-there-is-no-such-thing-as-transgender?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a0d96bcab2-LifeSiteNews_com_Intl_Headlines_01_15_2013&utm_medium=email
>>
File: 1503816355443.jpg (44KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
1503816355443.jpg
44KB, 600x494px
>>8782567
If genders are real, how can nobody define them?
>>
>>8782573
Why does something have to be defined to be real? Did gravity not exist until Newton?
>>
>>8782571
>lifesitenews
>blanchardism
>>
>>8782563
Because Transgender is a misnomer. Transsexual properly conveys what is actually going on. "Gender" Dysphoria is rooted in physically feeling your body is wrong and needs to be like that of your overt non-natal sex in some or all aspects. It has a biological cause.

>>8782571
Too bad that's not in any diagnostic manual.
>>
>>8782573
Gender is something very personal that everyone experiences and defines by themselves, in addition to what society expects from each gender of course. They're also labels people arbitrally use to describe themselves more or less. A transgender person is someone who doesn't feel comfortable with the gender they were assigned with at birth and who doesn't match what people think of when they hear "male" or "female".
>>
File: 1503816355442.jpg (44KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
1503816355442.jpg
44KB, 600x494px
>>8782580
how can gravity be real if birds fly?
>>
File: 1503816355443.jpg (44KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
1503816355443.jpg
44KB, 600x494px
>>8782590
If genders don't match what people think of, why does Tinder exist?
>>
>>8782563
Nobody who isn't a fucking retard thinks gender is socially constructed. "Gender" is the experience and expression of sexual dimorphism in the brain.

We have this thread every week, kys.
>>
>>8782667
cool it with the ableist remarks
>>
>>8783021
Cool your mouth with my dick
>>
>>8783058
a beautiful example of why testosterone should be outlawed
>>
>>8782563
We are transsexuals, sex is real and we go from one to the other. Simple
>>
a construct simply means it's man made, not that it isn't real

a car is a construct. If you ignore it, you're gonna get run over
>>
Social construct =/= not real retard.

Calling something a social construct implies the person calling it a social construct wants to replace it with another social construct. This always fails when the thing being called a social construct actually exists and is real for reasons other than that it's socially constructed, because the social construct brought in to replace it works worse than what people were doing originally.

See: Gommunism working because humans aren't naturally greedy.
>>
> social constructs are real

But then you suggest that all these transpeople only suffer because other people invented some idea that people needn't believe in. Don't transpeople suffer because of the way they relate to their sex and that of others? This is what terfs believe: essentially that transpeople are closeminded sheep who've fallen for a conspiracy.

The word gender includes multiple different things at once. Gender expression and expectations are socially constructed.
>>
>>8784195
I think that most trannies are literally just not smart enough to realize this kinda stuff. Like, meet any tranny with a higher iq, and they usually are agp or have a hard time justifying their feelings, which ties to why smarter people have a hard time being happy.

Being able to understand all this stuff about identity and gender is a bit of a curse i think, it makes justifying transitioning alot harder and having the ability to sidestep your feelings and look at your yourself objectively is a bit numbing.

I imagine this is how pedophiles feel (not justifying pedos or anything), they have some form of preprogamed desire for something they shouldn't. If they're stupid, they'll act on it. If they're smart they resist. But in the end, we all kinda crumble to out desires we cant control.

How does one escape their desires? How does someone erase their programming and become more than their base desires? How do i make an objective choice? By end result? Should i define myself on happiness, and chase what makes me feel good?

If so, what if i know that transitioning will only make me happy for a temporary amount of time? What if transitioning gives me the best next decade of my life, but leaves me to suffering for the next 4 decades? Is it as simple as crunching the numbers? Whats the correct choice here?
>>
>>8784195
>>8784229
At least for me, transition is about physical sex characteristics, not gender, gender is bullshit. Yeah I'd prefer if people used female pronouns for me and saw me as a "girl", but the most important thing is that they see me as someone who was born female. Everything else is secondary.
>>
>>8784242
Finally, someone reasonable.

I feel like trying to justify my transition has caught me up in all the the psychological bullshit and gender perception.

The begging was simple, i've always wanted to look as fem as possible and liked being told i look like a girl. I hated having short hair and being called handsome and stuff. Simple as pie.

But to try and understand and justify chemical castrating myself, i guess my mind desired to find some form of greater understanding or reason for such a dramatic measure for satisfaction.

So i guess, when you take away all the gender bs, its a question on whether you want to deal with the way people will treat you taking hormones and losing reproductive capabilities vs looking how you desire.
>>
>>8784242
>>8784229
Wanting to fit in socially with people you mentally associate with seems normal to me; it's just wanting to be treated normally -- the same way people want "please" and "thank you" which are just words.
>>
>>8782567
how can you justify trannyism being a condition that's more "innate" than any other body dysmorphic disorder then?
>>
>>8784195
Nobody's saying that trans people suffer ONLY because of transphobia. Gender dysphoria would still exist regardless of society's attitudes towards gender, though obviously transphobic sentiments and actions only make things worse. The problem with TERFs is that they are actually incredibly sexist, in the literal meaning of the word. Many trans people would agree with the basic concept of "gender critical", that we shouldn't force people into boxes based on this notion of "gender". But TERFs have essentially a very anti-egalitarian ideology, it's not that they think putting people into boxes is bad, but rather they only oppose the notion of "gender" because they think it detracts from and weakens sex-essentialism. They believe that true gender equality would actually hurt women (which I find to be a rather misogynistic attitude, but that's a story for another day) and that "gender" is dangerous because it leads to the possibility of biological males and biological females being regarded as equals.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.