[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright tell me /lgbt/ Do you think it's wrong to cut family/people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Alright tell me /lgbt/
Do you think it's wrong to cut family/people out of you life if they aren't okay with/don't support your transition? I had to threaten to do This to my dad because he's very religious, Andrew I'm basically the pride and joy in his life. Long story short, I didn't want him passive aggressively whining about how he "wishes that I didn't transition" and "that he believes that what I'm doing is wrong"
>>
>>8777973
Hell. No. It's not wrong at all. Either they care about you or they don't, and if they're all up in your face about 'man in a dress' or 'you disappoint me' or 'but I had such goals for you' or 'but grandma will die!', tell them to fuck right off. Family is nice when it works, but most families these days are absolute shit. I thought my family was soooo important, turns out they were literal damn narcissists and they've nearly destroyed me.

If they're not up in your face about it, then I'd be a little more leery of dropping them. They may well come around, and every resource you can keep is good.
>>
>>8777973
No. Threatening to do so and going through with it are both perfectly acceptable answers to being treated poorly.

Personally I suggest being willing to talk to him about his feelings, while also expecting him to make an effort to understand yours, and when discussion fails and that passive aggressive whining happens, then the threats.

>I'm basically the pride and joy in his life.
How does he square that with you choosing to transition?

What did he say when you threatened it?
>>
>>8778001
Well, he basically said that he isn't going to pay for any of "That".As for what he said when I threatened him, he basically blew it off for 10 minutes until he called my mom and found out how serious I was being, and it brought him literally to tears. But of course, I don't really think his crocodile tears were legitimate, but for now I'm going to give him a chance. And so far, he has just been trying to avoid the subject, probably hoping to god that I forget about transitioning.
>>
I honestly agree with the two anons above as well...
Honestly, in my eyes, it's not threatening at all..

What must be done must be done, and i'm sure you know it's illogical to put your own body to gamble for your father's happiness... After all you are the one who is going to live with it...

If your family is selfish and unwise, and are only around to hurt you and ruin your life, i don't believe there should be mercy...

Those who doesn't respect other people's feelings shouldn't get theirs respected should they? Whether it is that you were their hope or heavenly blue...
As cold blooded as I sound, I some what see families as friends, except that parents are the ones I owe debt to... I don't even think it's rude to pay your debt and cut your ties if again your familiy is somewhat hurting your life.

If they truly love you, they will care about your feelings... similar to that in a relationship... And again, if they don't even love you but just that you are their hope just because you are of their blood... Really... no mercy when what they are doing is ruining your life

I dislike how some people thinks they are wise and know-it-all, but in the end, they spend their days sitting there watching TV and never research on topics they should learn more about, and yet somehow they think their opinions matters more than others and are more accurate and practical...

Honestly I hate how cruel I sound and that's something I need to work on...
>>
I'm going to say absolutely not. He's your parent, and by virtue of blood, age, and the money he spent raising you, you are 100% ethically obligated to at least listen to what he has to say. Perhaps cutting off your own life is a little too much, but it's pure entitlement and self absorption to demand someone who owes you nothing - but to whom you owe your entire existence - feel the way you tell them, or be cut out.

Family is one of, if not the, most important relationships you can have, and absolutely nothing that isn't physically or mentally abusive justifies rejecting it. It's the basic unit of society, it's how you were raised, it's the most intrinsic connection you can have with someone until you're married. You don't have to not transition to please your father, but I cannot concieve of a single justification for cutting him out of your life.

Families don't always get along but they are a system of obligations. You can't just abandon it when it doens't suit you, anymore than you can just abandon a spouse when they disagree with your or abandon a job because it's boring (yes, yes, you physically can do those things, but they're morally wrong). Accept that you and your father have a difference of opinion, try to move beyond it, and be an adult who can deal with some criticism.
>>
>>8778352
Don't listen to this spooked moralfaggotry, OP

If you think it's going to be a pain in the ass to be around him and every dinner is going to turn into an argument so would prefer not to deal with it that's your decision. Family is overrated.
>>
>>8778305
>Honestly, in my eyes, it's not threatening at all..
I'm one of the two anons above and this. I wanted a better word for it.

It's a warning really, not a threat. A warning that that is what she will have to do if he keeps treating her that way.
>>
>>8778352
>He's your parent
And by virtue of that has every responsibility towards OP and she has none towards him.

>but it's pure entitlement and self absorption to demand someone who owes you nothing
Turn this around. Beyond giving her advice, his opinion is nothing but entitlement and self-absorption when he tries to interfere in her transition.

>I cannot concieve of a single justification for cutting him out of your life.
There is no "justification" because none is needed. Now that she has mentioned that she's considering it, he needs to justify why OP shouldn't cut him out.
>>
>>8777998
OK good so If I kick out my son @ the age of ten bc he says he's gay, you guys won't get involved in our family business or you guys gonna pull the gold old double standards
>>
>>8778413
That would be endangering a child since he's, you know, ten. So you're just intentionally being a retard now.
>>
>>8778413
Parent owes child. Child doesn't owe parent.
>>
>>8778436
No I'm not being retarded, my foster dad when he was 10 he got kicked out of the house bc he wasn't going to school.
>>
>>8778901
His parents were lazy and retarded so they took the easy way out. Instead of disciplining him they told him to get out.

Probably helped them shoot more heroin in peace.
>>
>>8778909
>Instead of disciplining him
>>
>>8778352
>and absolutely nothing that isn't physically or mentally abusive justifies rejecting it

>refusing to recognize your child's identity and medically sanctioned treatment isn't abusive
>>
File: 1500198366354.jpg (23KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1500198366354.jpg
23KB, 500x550px
>>8777973
There is no such thing as wrong, especially not when it comes to satisfying your ego.
>>
>>8778450
I must say this is incorrectly stated somehow

As the anon who wrote >>8778352, I do like to insist that the child does owe the parent materialistically... But as I see family as nothing but a kind of friends who you owe debt to, ties can be cut when enough compensations (at least materialistically) are paid back, or otherwise this would be unfair for the parent who invested so much time, money, and maybe emotion onto the child and receive nothing in return... This is unless the parent inflicts great inconvenience/pain for the child, as, for example, that can also be argued as the parent hired the child to be a tool for entertainment over the past year, or that the investment was a compensation for the suffering.

>>8778352
I can somewhat understand his/her idea

>>8778413
>>8778901
You can indeed kick out your son at the age of ten...... However, that would be illegal...
Assuming that it's not illegal, this is morally okay imo if your child is indeed causing you great pain... that is perhaps when your child is a guilty criminal, who repetitively severely hurts others or you despite your teaching...
On the other hand, if a child is abandoned without good enough reason, it is argued that the parent is very irresponsible... and the child is entitled to hate you.. After all, you did inflict the child a lot of pain had you done it for no reason...
However, I am unable to explain why are parents entitled to take care of a child, since taking care of a child requires economic cost at least.... This can only be argued via that giving birth to a child is a negative thing, and that the child is at least entitled to lend resources from you until they can take care of themselves and pay you back...

sorry for this long post though... i know it's not worth much since it's my opinion but I would like to restate my logistics anyways...

>>8779262
lol
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.