[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should the new, more inclusive acronym of LGBTetc be? Personally,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

What should the new, more inclusive acronym of LGBTetc be?

Personally, I vote for
LGBTOMGWTFBBQADSL2+
>>
>>8767875
LGB

T is a mental illness
>>
I sexually identify as an asymmetric digital subscriber line. Check your privilege.
>>
"Curvies" because we ain't straight
>>
>>8767875
LGBTQ+ if you want to be inclusive

LGBT otherwise, since asexuals have virtually nothing in common with gay and trans people and don't belong in the acronym, intersex isn't an orientation and pretty much everything that deserves to be counted under Q is some combination of L, G, B and T. Orientations like pansexuality are redundant variations of bi - I don't mind if people identify more with that, but it doesn't need separate letters.

Attempts at catch-all acronyms like GSM for Gender and Sexual Minorities are a stupid idea, since they'd encompass paedophiles and heterosexual fetishists.
>>
>>8767881
I vote for this.
>>
>>8767881
So is LGB
>>
>>8767944
I'm down for LGBT/sometimes LGBTQ but I don't know if the + is necessary, that lets pedos in
>>
The "A" in LGBTQIA is bullshit.

When has anyone ever been killed for being asexual? When has anyone been discriminated against, or told they're going to Hell for being asexual?

Gays, lesbians, and trans people get called "faggot", "dyke", and "tranny." What slurs are there for asexuals?

Asexuals are actually privileged in most mainstream religions, including Christianity.

So like... With all the problems the L, G, B, T, and I people face, why should we be giving any attention to asexuals and their non-existent problems?
>>
>>8767993
Everyone knows that the + means "+IAPP..." and pedos aren't included, it's not +everything or hets would be allowed as well as pedos.
>>
>>8768106
I sympathise with asexuals, I just think they should form their own groups at universities and such instead of being lumped in with us, since they have nothing in common that would make them want to find people in ours so having people who don't want to hook up in your group for people that want to hook up just gets in the way. But asexuals, esp. female ones do face the same problems as lesbians with corrective rape, guys trying to turn them or fix them and refusing to believe they don't secretly crave the dick. Basically no other problems though, other than people not believing asexuality is a thing.
>>
>>8768253
>people not believing asexuality is a thing.
it's not
>>
Let's drop the L because they are the most privileged people and they are boring as fuck.

Drop the T because they don't really belong.

Let's just call it gay. They are the only ones we really care about.
>>
>>8768336
We already have LGBT without the L, B and T. It's called gay.
>>
>>8767875
Just use LGBTQIA+ (the A is for asexual, not allies).
>>
>>8768318
[citation needed]
>>
>>8768697
do you have actual data that biologically, asexuals are a distinction orientation and are not just wussy repressed gays?
>>
>>8767875
It should just be changed to FAGGOT so it's inclusive to everyone.

Or FAG for short
>>
>>8768761
>What is burden of proof?
>>
>>8767944

I like this one. It's totally true about asexuals, tho I've had people get real pissed at me for saying that. Most of the other 'sexualities' or 'genders' are just personality traits, and I'm kinda sick of it. LGBT is fine, I guess LGBTQ+ maybe
>>
>>8767875

>LGBTOMGWTFBBQADSL2+
>mfw LGBT OMG WTF BBQ
>tfw u come home to find faggots having a bbq in your garden
>>
LGBT.
Everything else deserves a one way ticket to the gas chamber, which will then be thrown from a helicopter.
>>
>>8767875
I think it should be QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM.
>>
MtF here.
LGBA should be a thing, and T another.
>>
>>8770344
u forgot üöäïo and ё of course u terrible person :*
>>
>>8767875
BGLT. just put it in alphabetical order so the gays will finally stop complaining about lesbians being ahead of them.
>>
>>8770357
I disagree

Also Mtf.

Anyone else hate it when people use their "position" as part of a group to legitimize their opinions? It's really dumb to me.

"As a gay guy"
>Says something conservative

WOW all gays are liberal so if a gay guy is saying it it must be tru!!!

It's silly logic.
>>
>>8769326
I get that people want to feel represented but about five really different conditions are all dumped under one letter (T), so it makes no sense for Q and P to complain about not fitting under B/Q. It depends on the context as well though...when you're talking about a study you might just have to use LGBT or LGB because other groups weren't studied, when you're talking about a university gaysoc LGBTQI is totally appropriate, since intersex and questioning people should be welcome at these events.

A for allies is total bullshit though, fuck that noise.

>>8770357
T belongs with the rest because most trans people will be or appear to be in LGB relationships either before or after their transition, unless they're asexual.

Transbians will be read as L after they transition (if they actually pass).
HSTS will be read as G before they transition and face many of the same struggles if they're in a relationship
Transgays will be read as G after they transition (unlikely to be read as straight while with a male partner even if they read as butch women alone, since cishet men don't tend to date butch women)
Straight FTMs will be read as L before they transition and short ones will be frequently or infrequently read as L after unless they go the hypermasculine route.
Bisexual trans people will always fit under B regardless of whether they transition or not

Maybe 20 years from now if early transition becomes enough of a thing HSTS and straight FTMs won't belong, but right now 95% of trans people spend some time fitting under LGB somewhere. Forgive the Blanchardisms in my rundown, it was the most concise way to list
>>
>>8768253
Homoromantic asexuals could fit in, as if they date their relationships will be read as queer.

Asexual aromantics and ESPECIALLY heteroromantic asexuals or aromantic heterosexuals can fuck off out of our spaces though.
>>
>>8767881
Fuck off Milo
Also nice Reddit spacing
>>
>>8770420
>I get that people want to feel represented but about five really different conditions are all dumped under one letter (T), so it makes no sense for Q and P to complain about not fitting under B/Q
B is probably the least representative out of those letters though, which makes LGBT alone awkward. Pan, poly(sexual not polyamorous) and bi should all go under Q but I've never seen anyone pushing for LGTQ as an acronym.
>>
File: bait.jpg (2KB, 92x92px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
2KB, 92x92px
>>
>>8770396
That wasn't the reason I clarified though. I mentioned I'm MtF because most people with this opinion just say it as "fuck the T xd" kind of trolling, but I don't mean anything like that. I just don't want to be put together with the LGB because I don't feel like it belongs.
>>
>>8770554
That's exactly my point though, you're using the fact that you're MtF to validate your opinion rather than an actual argument.

Without a supporting argument, your opinions is just as valid as the trolls you're trying to differentiate yourself from.

It's really no matter though, im nitpicking.

Why do you think the T doesn't belong? What would you envisions a stand alone T movement to look like?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.