[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If there was a cure for homosexuality or gender dysmorphia, would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0890.png (114KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0890.png
114KB, 252x252px
If there was a cure for homosexuality or gender dysmorphia, would you take it?

Why or why not?
>>
>>8752836
No, for better or worse It's part of what makes me me and I wouldn't want to mess with that. Im happy.
>>
>>8752836
shouldn't the pic be the blue pill? that's the one that makes you forget about all your problems
>>
File: wew.jpg (261KB, 1517x891px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
261KB, 1517x891px
>>8752850
But what about your parents?
>>
Fuck no. Being a faggot gives me a unique perspective. I prefer having the intuitively ability to see multiple sides and consider my options, rather than just take things for granted and go along with the majority.
>>
File: we have this thread every day.jpg (31KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
we have this thread every day.jpg
31KB, 396x382px
No I would not take the pill.
I have no desire to be another worthless savage.
If there were such a pill we'd all be forced to take them.

Now stop shoving your worthless propaganda down everyone's throat
>>
File: tumblr_mm6c3vTAR71rb56l2o1_500.jpg (71KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mm6c3vTAR71rb56l2o1_500.jpg
71KB, 500x750px
>>8752876
why do gays feel as though they suddenly have sage intellect once they come out of the closet?
>>
>>8752836
Oh my fucking God I would so cure my dysphoria, I absolutely can't fucking stand myself, and I genuinely believe that if I transition I will just fuck myself up even more
>>
>>8752891
>why do people who live outside the majority feel as though have experience about what it's like to live outside of the majority?

hurrrduurrrrrr
>>
Will it make me stop hating myself?

Sure thing.

Otherwise pass.
>>
>>8752836
No, I do not want to like cis women. Being straight normie trash would not help me in any way.
>>
Without the slightest hesitation. I *want* to be cis. How much simpler would life be if we didn't have to navigate realities of life that don't *quite* match up with the norm? Men attracted only to women and vice versa, without anyone feeling out of place in either of those roles, at least as so far as their physical bodies are concerned? Sign me up. Entirely different issue that women wanting the right to vote, etc. Questioning the limitations of our biology is one thing, and I dont feel like we'll ever quite conquer stuff like body shaming in general, but being cool with the parts and pieces I've got? Sign me up.
>>
>>8752859
Seems appropriate, honestly. Arguably, the problems are gone with this scenario. No "waking up" to be done.
>>
File: 1502890840465.jpg (202KB, 540x644px) Image search: [Google]
1502890840465.jpg
202KB, 540x644px
>>8752908
This kek
>>
If it would make me cis, as in a cis woman, of course. Otherwise? Being a cis guy is really terrifying now that I'm on the other side of transition. Before transition, I'm really not sure, but I'd at least feel like I'm losing part of myself. My dysphoria was more than just bodily.
>>
>>8752876
>>8752891

>being a faggot gives me a unique perspective
>literally millions of faggots in the world
>unique perspective

As if anyone isn't capable of forming their own opinions based on research and evidence.

Clearly, you're not capable of doing that if you think you faggotry is the thing that gives you a 'unique perspective' - that is literally the majority left-wing opinion pushed through anything referencing 'diversity'.
>>
>>8752864
Hah, they wish they know.
>>
probably not, because being attracted to both men and women keep my options much more open
>>
nah, fuck being a cis guy
now that I know what trash they are I'd never want to be one
>>
>>8752836
If there was, I would take it. I repressed from when I was 9 to when I was 17. In the end I only transitioned because it seemed like my best shot at happiness, since the best option (being a cis person) simply wasn't available to me.
>>
>a pill that would make me straight
id rather a cyanide pill
>>
>>8752836
Gender dysphoria. Yes. I would rather successfully transition but given my height and proportions that isn't likely (although I am only 18).
Plus I'd get to keep travelling the world, because once I start transition I'll likely not be able to go outside of civilized countries like western Europe. Feelsbadman.jpg.
>>
People will probably tell me I'm insane for this because I'm an eternally repressing hon who will never transition and is stuck with embarrassing autogynephilic fantasies to boot but no. It would be like killing a part of myself. I wouldn't be me, even if I'd be vastly happier.
>>
>>8754732
seconded
give me agp or give me death
>>
I would take the pill without any hesitations. Being trans is absolutely awful. I can't even decide if I want to transition or not, and I've always wanted a pill like this to exist. I wouldn't have to battle myself anymore, I could finally just live my life like everybody else.
>>
Having already gone through all this transition bs for several years and being passing I'll give it a miss thanks.
>>
>>8754741
I wish I didn't have these autogynephilic fantasies. I hate them. If I could take a pill to cure just those I would.
>>
>>8754748
i'm sad they won't come true but i would never give them up
>>
I'm seeing a lot of people saying no, and I want to understand. Being trans is possibly the worst burden in my life. I'm finally learning to take control of my life. I'm on track to be the wealthiest person in my entire family tree in a heavily male dominated career. I really do enjoy the work, and I couldn't be happier with where it's going. But I still find myself hating myself day by day for it. I feel disgusting doing such masculine things in a masculine body. I would give anything to get rid of that feeling. How could anybody want to keep that?
>>
>>8754764
I transitioned, pass, am stealth outside of friends and family, and work in a female dominated career. Living the dream basically.
>>
>>8754764
i don't want to keep that part
that's why i wish i was a real girl
but it's worth it to keep the good
>>
>>8754764
If I wasn't trans I wouldn't be me. It would be a different person.
>>
>>8754771
people have said the same thing several times and honestly i think i would relate if i was trans too. cant be judged the same way but if there was a pill that completely removed my depression i probably wouldn't take it. i dont think id be the same person without my orientation or disabilities, the thought of a major change like that is terrifying
>>
>>8754765
I guess it makes sense to feel that way since you have already transitioned. But what do you think you would have said before you started transitioning?
>>8754768
So you're saying you wish to have been born cis fem? If so, that completely makes sense. I want that and not at the same time. I feel like my life could have gone a whole different path, maybe better than what I'm on now. But my life is important to me. There's a lot I would change about it, but I know how important I've been to some people. I want to keep that.
>>8754771
Wouldn't you be happier though? You could still keep your personality, but be alleviated of the disgust. It wouldn't stop you from doing what you love.
>>
>>8752836
Yes, I would. But if such cure exist, that would mean it's already possible to significantly and safely alter the structure of the human brain, which makes the concept of gender or sexuality a moot point. Which means I won't be dealing with the social aspect of dysphoria, which is the reason I would took such a cure.
>>
>>8754780
>Wouldn't you be happier though? You could still keep your personality, but be alleviated of the disgust. It wouldn't stop you from doing what you love.
I think it would definitely make me happier, but if I wasn't what I am inside would I really be me? I don't even know how to explain this. It is not just personality. It's identity. It's a sense of self.
>>
>>8754780
> But what do you think you would have said before you started transitioning?

I'm not entirely sure, I've always seen life as a series of challenges to overcome. FFS I joined the army and went to Afghanistan just because it seemed like the hardest thing I could ever do. I'd probably have still transitioned rather than cured desu.
>>
>>8754780
>So you're saying you wish to have been born cis fem?
i don't want to give up my life but i'd like to keep it and be cis fem
like a magical perfect transition
or being born cis fem but keeping who i am and not being a different person
>>
>>8754799
I know exactly what you mean. I guess that I've just repressed it for so long that if it disappeared, nothing would seem to change in my life. I definitely would not feel like myself, but I'm sure that would only be a stepping stone to better mental health overall.
>>8754802
So you'd transition as a kind of personal growth? I'm just not sure I understand how you feel since my outlook on life seems to be completely different.
>>8754803
I can understand that. It may just be my situation where being born female would have definitely changed the outcome of my life.
>>
>>8754818
being born female would have changed my outcome too but the part i care about is who i am inside
becoming female would let me keep that
being born female would replace it
>>
>>8752836
well on some level i guess it's a chosen path... we had and still have the chance but we choose not to take the pill
>>
>>8754818

>So you'd transition as a kind of personal growth? I'm just not sure I understand how you feel since my outlook on life seems to be completely different.

Pretty much yeah. I know my personal philosophy is pretty rare but I believe that if there is karma/a sky daddy then my only real purpose in life is to be a better person through personal struggles and assisting others in their own struggle. Life is ultimately about survival of your genes and since we're all related at some level it's in my best interests to see the human race strive for greatness. In the long term that's population and colonisation of the universe in the pursuit of ascending to another level of existence (probably through transhumanism and AI) but since I'm not smart enough to push those fields I put myself in a position to assist those who are. Sorry for the ramblings, I'm not fantastic at putting my thoughts into text.
>>
>>8754829
Oh, I think I got it now. Like the dream I'm sure we've all had of just one day waking up as a girl? In that case you would keep your entire life and identity, but just a new body. Even there, I would rather just be cured of dysphoria. I'd be content with losing that sense of myself.
>>8754834
That's a completely respectable way to live. I wish I could be more like that, but I'm just way too laid back. I'm willing to put in hard work, but it's all so that I can come home worry free in the end.
>>
>>8754848
yes
even if other things change too as long as i'm still me inside
but no to anything that changed that
being born female or being cured of dysphoria
>>
>>8754848
>That's a completely respectable way to live. I wish I could be more like that, but I'm just way too laid back. I'm willing to put in hard work, but it's all so that I can come home worry free in the end.

Cheers for the validation Anon. I'm pretty laid back too irl, I just like looking at the bigger picture, makes the small stuff less stressful and reduces my anxiety.
>>
No, I would never change who I am.
>>
>>8754628
>faggotry is a political opinion

the fact that you automatically assume I'm left-wing just proves my point.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.