[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else lose almost all their friends while transitioning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (53KB, 456x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53KB, 456x297px
Anyone else lose almost all their friends while transitioning?

I'm a ftm going into senior year in high school (not underage, was held back in preschool) and since 13-14 I tried to act really girly and imitated my cousin in the same school. from this, I made a bunch of girl friends with her. I was too scared to hang out with guys even if I knew we had similar interests. I barely talked so they couldn't even learn my interests and approach me about it.

Around last summer, I came out to myself and started wearing more andro things and less makeup, until eventually I was wearing guy/neutral clothes every day and no makeup. The few guy friends I had made around that time humored me for a short time before deciding I wasn't a pretty girl anymore and therefore stopped inviting me to things like they had begun to do regularly. Same thing happened with the girls I talked to, they'd talk to me normally but give me weird looks, and stopped inviting me to hang out with them. These were mostly individual people rather than just one group stop talking to me, so I know the factor is me.. (continued)
>>
Now I have a bunch of old contacts that when I try to text to maybe get together or something, always say they're too busy. This isn't just one person but literally every person I've attempted with. I have only one friend who still hangs out with me but he doesn't initiate conversation ever, and likely only hangs out because he had a parent who killed themselves and he doesn't want that to happen to anyone.

I know that it'll be over in a year but I don't think I can go a year friendless. Last year was so miserable. I don't know what to do, I'm trying to take the least amount of classes I need to graduate early but even having to walk through those halls alone with no friends.. Not only would I be too depressed to make new friends, but everyone already knows who I am and I don't want to be judged any harder. Every day I go without hanging out with people that enjoy my company I think about killing myself more.

Excuse my extremely long post, I just wanted to get my feelings out without bothering irl people.
>>
No one in high school is mentally capable enough to deal with adult problems yet. Your experience is typical.

I would try to make friends outside of the high school set, even if it means dealing with a shitty last year in class.
>>
>>8752779
They abandoned you.
>>
>>8752775
>going into senior year in high school (not underage, was held back in preschool
It seems really bizarre that doing badly in fucking preschool puts you a year behind into your late teens.
>>
>>8752813
I used to hate my parents for doing it once I found out I could essentially be with people my own age (even though it's only a year difference), instead forced to graduate a year later. It was because August is considered a "late birthday"
>>
>>8752775
AH, shame's on you, I had no friends to begin with! I make people uncomfortable so I only socialize online
>>
>>8752779
>I don't think I can go a year friendless
L O L
>>
>>8752790
I don't really have anywhere to go to meet other people, I'm in a small town and my coworkers are all 20+ years older than me except for two guys in their last years of college.
>>8752812
I never said I thought they were good friends, but I'd take going out with artificial friends every once in a while rather than being alone.
>>
>>8752834
Not Op but i'm the same, but i'm a step below you - i fail at online talking too... i feel i'm privileged for many reasons but in talking, i'm at the bottom of society.

>>8752841
>I never said I thought they were good friends, but I'd take going out with artificial friends every once in a while rather than being alone.
Sorry you lost friends
>>
>>8752858
OP here, would you like to talk? (No vc though)
>>
>>8752775
everyone is always looking for more female friends, male friends are kinda disposable. Which is weird because female humans outnumber male humans on earth.
>>
>>8752827
>It was because August is considered a "late birthday"
Actually kids with "late birthdays" do worse in school and are more likely be to diagnosed with ADHD, because they're placed with kids up to a year older than they are.
>>
>>8752896
It's not weird at all because females have always had higher social worth
>>
>>8752896
Yeah I know that and agree females have more "social worth", but most males still have friends, and here I'm not seen as a male but a gross female who doesn't follow norms or something. Plenty of the people I used to talk to are in mostly to all-male friend groups and are never "disposed" of. Even nerds, ugly and "undesirable" guys have other friends but I can't even fit in with them.
>>
>>8753043
present female?
>>
>>8752775
>>8752779
I went my whole school life with just one friend, it's really not that hard OP, I'm sure you can tough out a year or two. If you want to be like an average male then just go to school, don't go out of your way for social interaction, go home and play videogames, that's what most males do.
>>
>>8755393
Women don't have to work to make friends. They don't need to take the initiative.

It's a huge shock to ftms and an amazing surprise for mtfs, most of whom were the kind of male who gave up on that anyway.
>>
>>8755393
That's what I do, but most males have other friends they talk to and sit with, and don't feel this constant feeling.
>>8755350
If I could go back to when I first started presenting male, I'd definitely wait if I could, until I was out of my hometown. But now that I already am, it would give me immense dysphoria to go back, and I already have enough to begin with presenting like this.
>>
>>8755429
But if the other people are also women how does the friendship start if nobody takes the initiative.

Plus do you really get friends without having to work for it even if you're a fat ugly hon?
>>
>>8755429
I don't know, even when I was completely seen as a woman, this didn't happen to me. Maybe because how clearly unhappy I was? But I never really felt wanted, more like I was a faker who was so desperate to get friends I'd mold my "personality" to them and beg to talk to them pretty much.. Even then they didn't really want me
On the other hand I know cis guys quieter than me that were able to get friends just because other guys naturally came up and talked to them. If I was a cis guy that'd likely be the same case for me.

But I hope mtfs get to experience the woman phenomenon, as most girls do.
>>
>>8755441
>That's what I do, but most males have other friends they talk to and sit with, and don't feel this constant feeling.
there's so many you don't see sitting in the dark corners of nowhere, you don't see them because they're hiding. I suggest going to the library or sitting in an empty hallway, maybe finding a secluded area, for times when it seems like everyone but you has friends to sit with; it feels much better knowing no one is staring at you from afar for being alone.
>>
>>8755459
I don't experience the women phenom either, you actually have to bother to go put yourself out there to make friends, people won't just show up to your doorstep saying they want to be your friends
>>
>>8755459
>But I hope mtfs get to experience the woman phenomenon, as most girls do.
thank you anon
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.